Open Web Form Using Server.Transfer in New Explorer Window

Hi,

I have a requirement to open the form as MODAL using Server.Transfer. It should be opened in New Explorer Windows

Any Idea?

Regards

Atif

0
atifakbar

hi,

I think you had better use javascript window.showModalDialog, cause Server.Transfer cannot open a new window.

0
jessjing

Thanks for prompt response. I know how to open the MODAL FORM using Javascript.  If I want to pass let say one variable to Child Form. How do i do this ? ... this variable is transaction id and shouldn't be part of the HTTP Query (Confidential). How can do this ?

Regards

Atif

0
atifakbar
11/14/2006 6:46:14 AM

hi,

use Session please

just like this

in the parent page:

    {
        Session.Add("abc", "123");
        Server.Transfer("Default.aspx",true );
    }

in the child page retrieve the value you want

    {
        IEnumerator i = Session.GetEnumerator();
        i.MoveNext();
        string l=i.Current.ToString ();
        Response.Write(l);

    }

0
jessjing

Entering data in old aspx form only after saving data in new web form opened in new window
Dear all, i am facing a problem. please solve it. i have created two .aspx pages, say, page1.aspx and page2.aspx. with the help of client-side javascript i am opening page2.aspx from page1.aspx in a new window. So, page1.aspx and page2.aspx remains open at the same time. what i want is, i don't want the user to able to activate or enter data in page1.aspx without saving data in page2.aspx. regards subhajit use window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() when the child window is closed, in this case, program execution continues on the next line after the showModalDialog...

Using Server.Redirect I am calling a web form. When I close the new form, the app closes.
How do I prevent closing the web application when I only want to close the form I have just opened?  I am using a linkbutton to open the new form.  It opens fine but when I close that form, the web application closes also.  any suggestions? D   Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. A Server.Redirect only tells your browser to retrieve a new webform and stays in the same browser so the behavior you're experiencing is correct. What behavior do you want to achieve? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark a...

How to open a new web form in a new window?
How to open a new web form in a new window when we click on a button? Ex: I Have a Webform1.aspx which has a button and a few other controls. When click on the button i need to open a small window with Webform2.aspx which has a few other controls, the user enters the data and clicks on ok when we need to save and close webform2 and go back to webform1.aspx. How to do this? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Check out these articles: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Modal_Dialog.asp http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/Sept/ModalPopupInASP.NET.asp Darrell Norton, M...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Is it possible for me to use windows application form in web form?
Hi. There is a project that requires me to use vb.net and create a web form (wwwroot), then somehow connect to the windows application form. The purpose is actually, when I click on a button on my web form, the Open/Save/Cancel dialog will pop out. Is it possible? If yes, please, please, tell me how.redice...

How to open web form in new window ?
How to open web form in new window ? Check my Blog below, I have an article on how to open a new window in asp.net using javascript. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP window.Open using javascript, or if you have a hyperlink, set the target to _blank.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Hi, you need to check this post : view post 818881 regardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik M...

Open a web form in a new window
Hi everyone, I am using  Responde.Redirect(url) to to move from one page to another. I would like to open the new page in a new window. How can I do that?Any help will be very appreciate. Thank you Response.Redirect is a serverside method call. Opening things in a new window is a client side thing. So no, you cannot do this from your serverside code. You'd have to use the Javascript window.open method. Or specify the TARGET attribute in your link. Cheers, Wim Wim Hollebrandse---http://www.zealandit.com Thanks but I do not want to use Jscript and I dont use Hyperlinks,...

Open web form in new window
I want to know how to open web form in new browser window from a web form using server side code because i want to pass some data using query string in that new window form.   Thanks Parshant kalia   You can't open a window from server-side code, but you can drop client-side code from server-side that will open a new window.  Think window.open(...)... Check following sample and modify it according to your requirement     Public Sub ShowPopupWindow()        Try        &n...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Using frame on web form similiar to group on windows form
Hi, I wish to group textboxes, labels, listboxs etc on a frame on my web form. I would this to be structured and drag-and-drop like you would with a group box on a windows form. When I add items to my frame, they all squash up to the top-left of the frame. How do I get around this? > I would this to be structured and drag-and-drop You can only achieve this sort of placement with an editor that supports Grid Layout, such as VS.NET or Dreamweaver. Without Grid Layout, all controls will "flow" from the top left. What IDE/editor are you using?Alister I am using V...

Web resources about - Open Web Form Using Server.Transfer in New Explorer Window - asp.net.web-forms

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

Canberra Raiders recruitment boss wants transfer window to end 'meat market'
... Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland has backed calls for the NRL to address the player "meat market" by introducing a transfer ...

Future iPhones may contain Li-Fi, a technology with transfer speeds 100x faster than Wi-Fi
Recently discovered code in iOS suggests that Apple may be exploring the feasibility of incorporating Li-Fi functionality into future iPhone ...

Read The Leaked Transfer Agreement Between Manchester United And Monaco For Anthony Martial
Manchester United paid Monaco €50 million ($54.5 million) in September for teenage striking sensation Anthony Martial, a fee that will almost ...

Premier League clubs could face FIFA transfer ban Real chief - ESPN FC
Real Madrid director general Jose Angel Sanchez has claimed that FIFA is looking into Premier League clubs over transfer breaches.

Bitcoin Company Guarantees Financial Transactions, Effectively Enabling Instant Transfers
BitGo's guarantee of funds could be a boon to traders as well as merchants selling digital products.

Manchester United Transfer Deal For Anthony Martial With AS Monaco Leaked
... this sport,” and also showed his determination to bring what’s behind the shadow to limelight. The full details of Anthony Martial’s transfer ...

Obama orchestrated a massive transfer of wealth to the 1 percent
When people use the term Great Recession, they are playing into the charade laid out by Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department. The years ...

Premier League clubs face fallout from Real and Atlético Madrid transfer ban - Football - The Guardian ...
Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea may have to alter their transfer plans after Fifa banned Real Madrid and Atlético ...