Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses

Hello ppl..

My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution?
Thanks in advance
Bracoute
0
bracoute

How are you running the email process?  Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time?  If not, this should take care of that.  Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the database.  Please explain more on the non existing email account, I assume you mean something like name@blah without .com or something screwed up.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
2/25/2004 12:26:40 PM
are you sending one email to multiple addresses in one shot?

or
are you sending the same email individually to a list of email addresses ?
i.e.
is there one email with N number of recipients
or
N emails each with one recipient ?

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
2/25/2004 1:44:38 PM
Hello...

Thanks for your replies... I've got one mail that i relay via IIS to many email addresses at one go... that is by putting multiple recipients (each of them followed by a ';')... Does that help?
Thanks in advance
bracoute
0
bracoute
2/25/2004 2:07:41 PM
My email is relayed to a group of addresses (each seperated by a ;)... But if one of these email addresses doesn't exist, none of them goes

0
bracoute
2/26/2004 11:36:56 AM
for privacy reasons, i've never done it that way.

i create one message, and send it individually to each address in a loop.

it surprises me the the entire send would fail when using smtp addresses if all the smtp addresses are well formed (someone@somewhere.com). The sending smtp server actually has no way of knowing (possibly) for days, that an email address cant be linked to a valid mailbox.
are you positive that each address in the list is well formed ? no funny characters etc...
the alternative (which is my SOP on email) is to create a message object and send it to everybody in the list, but do just one recipient at a time.
Mike Banavige

mbanavige