Navigating back from detail page to summary page causes summary page to reset.

I have an ASP.NET page containing a bunch of search critera the user specifies and a "search" button.  When they click search, I go get all the records matching their search and display them in a datagrid.   Each record has a hyperlink allowing them to go to a details page and see more information.

The problem is that, for some people - not all, when they click the back button in the browser from the details page, all of their selection criteria on the search page is cleared out and the datagrid is gone.
For others (myself included) however, when I click the back button, I see everything and can then select another record to see the details on.
Any thoughts as to what would cause this to happen?
I'm using a datagrid with paging (storing results in a cache) and have SmartNavigation turned on for the search page.
Thanks in advance.
0
trey_pgn

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

How to preserve values in a web form when navigating to a different page and then going back to the original page using the back button ?
   I am working on a C#/ASP.NET web application. The web application basically consist of 3 web forms. Each form contains several controls such as an edit box, and some drop down list box controls. Basically I need to find out how to preserve the values in a web form when a person navigates to a different page. For example, suppose that in my web application I navigate from my first page (First.aspx) to my second page (Second.aspx). Now if I press the browsers back button, I want the application to retain the values for the controls that were in my first web form "first....

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

In-product pages, summary of pages
Hi, Here is a brief summary of in-product pages for Firefox 3, to give you all an overview of where we are: PAGES BEING LOCALIZED /3.0/firstrun/ -> bug 422425 /3.0/whatsnew/ -> 430323 /organic/ -> bug 426176 /security/ -> bug 426184 /central/ -> bug 428145 /tips/ -> bug 428450 /addons/ -> bug 428845 /about/ -> bug 428849 /community/ -> bug 428870 /security/identity/ -> bug 430269 PAGES NOT LOCALIZED NOW /3.0/relnotes/ -> en-US content will be finished between RC1 and final release LESS URGENT PAGE ON HOLD /phishing-protection/ -> ...

How to stop the last detail row to print on next page together with the group trailer and summary even the second last page has lot's of space for the last row but not for the summary...
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

page resets when back button pushed on detail page
I have a page that allows the user to make several choices on drop down boxes, datagrids, etc. until they are given a list of detail pages to choose from. Once they are on the detail page I'd like them to be able to click the back button and find the my choice page exactly as they left it. The page is currently reseting itself so that when the user clicks the back button on the detail page it looks as if no choices were made at all on the choice page. How do I get it so that the page doesn't reset itself but allows the user to cycle through all thier choices (in reverse order of cour...

Page To Page
Hi How can i call to a Text that has been written in a different page(in a TextBox). I want to call him to make a SELECT quastion. Thank's....

page up / page down
Name: Kyle Morrison Email: kymorris_at_cisco.com Product: Deer Park Summary: page up / page down Comments: page up and page down do not work mac osx 10.3.9 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b3) Gecko/20050712 Firefox/1.0+ ...

Page Down / Page Up
I have tried this on the google groups - advanced search, but get nothing. So, here is what I am trying to do ... PB 11.1 / Postgres : List datawindow on top with all desired records. : Form Datawindow on bottom showing the detail information for the selected record : I share the datawindow buffer with the detail and manage the scrolling accordingly. Now, in the detail window, I have multiple line 'comment' fields. when the cursor is in the comment field (again multiple lines that usually scroll outside the 'box'), the user wants to be able to hit page down /...

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

Search Page style of interface with paging on details page
Hi all, I have looked everywhere I can't find a suitable solution for the following problem.I have an intranet site that will be used by about 200 concurrent users and has the following 3 pages:Search.aspx  - this is a search page where the users enters in the search criteriaSearchResults.aspx - this is a page where the results of the search are presented with paging optionsProductDetails.aspx - this is the details page, where if the user clicks on the item in the search results, then this page is shown with the specific details on it.I am looking for a best-practice solution for this p...

Web resources about - Navigating back from detail page to summary page causes summary page to reset. - asp.net.web-forms

Navigating Facebook With Gestures? PointGrab, Asus Make It Happen
Facebook users accessing the social network via the latest line of Asus All-in-One devices will be able to use gesture solutions to navigate ...

Navigating the News With the Upshot
By David Leonhardt The New York Times You have no shortage of excellent news sources — sources that expertly report and analyze news as it ...

Navigating the Transition from Founder to CEO
People often equate success in business with qualities like vision, skill, passion, sheer force of will, and other dynamics that are solely within ...

Navigating NAPLAN: Testing times for parents
The NAPLAN tests have been taken, now parents have to try to understand what the results mean.

Site map - Navigating thetelegraph.com.au website - thetelegraph.com.au
Skip to: Main Content Site Navigation Site Footer Site Search Site Map Network Navigation (other sites) news.com.au Fox Sports CareerOne Carsguide ...

It's tough navigating the winds of change
Australian governments are like students' bedsheets. They don't get changed often enough.

Explainer: Navigating the high seas of online piracy
George Brandis has labelled Australians the worst pirates in the world. But will the government's proposed solutions be effective? Hannah Francis ...

Navigating the nudists at Kambah Pools
The secret to enjoying the Kambah Pool is simple: go left if you brought your swimmers and go right if you didn't.

Navigating the downturn in the Canadian economy
The price of oil has plunged, the dollar's down but last month the Prime Minister was offering reassuring words that the economy will be okay. ...

South Korea ferry disaster: All involved in navigating ship now in custody - CTV News
All 15 people involved in navigating the South Korean ferry that sank and left more than 300 people dead or missing are now in custody after ...