Multiple Web Forms vs dynamic User Controls

 Hi,

I am starting on a new web application project.

Like to seek opinions and/or your personal experiences on which would method would you advise:

 1) Creating a web form for each webpage

-OR-

 2)  Have a single web form which acts as a portal page and dynamically loads in user controls (e.g like how Dotnetnuke does it)

 Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

San

0
SanBB

 I've gone both routes and would say I prefer the webpage for each method. Its much cleaner to keep your code behind and viewstate in order on individual pages. Also if you're using AJAX controls on the single page route it can get ugly and unstable.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."
0
DarthSwian
12/3/2008 6:09:46 PM

I forgot all about AJAX controls. Yes, that could be tricky.

Out of curiosity, what was the reason that prompt you to attempt the single page route method?

0
SanBB
12/4/2008 2:04:37 AM

 I had a single page utilizing AJAX tab container with multiple drop-downs and other gridviews and maintaining the selected values with sessions when everything was on one page got to be over complicated when doing it in single pages was very simple.