Machine.config and Web.config

 I want to know list of settings in machine.config which cannot be overridden in web.config..

Thanks a lot in advance

0
shyjujohn

 I don't think that this information is specifically listed anywhere, but you can look in machine.config and look for:

 allowExeDefinition="MachineOnly"

If you're running IIS 7 you need to also look at applicationhost.config and overrideModeDefault="Deny"...

+++ Rick ---

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies
Making waves on the Web
www.west-wind.com/weblog
0
rstrahl
11/30/2008 3:55:59 AM
Thanks for reply
can u tell me how can i look my IIS version
0
shyjujohn

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Machine.config and web.config
If i have a key named X in my machine.config which equals to the value X and a key named X(same name as the one in the machine.config) in my web.config which equals to the Y.When i use my code to read in the configuration appsettings key.What value will it read in?X or Y? Y The web.config will override values set in the machine.config. You can also overrride values in each directory of your application (or each file for that mater) by setting <location> tags....

Read info from web.config, machine.config, app.config....
I know how to read info from the web.config, see code:  Protected path As String = "/Framework" Protected config As Configuration = WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(path) How can I read also the data from machine.config and other config files, like the app.configs?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". ...

Management of machine.config and machine level web.config
I have several large, 4 node , IIS6, CIFS back end content,  hardware load balanced web clusters used for intranet hosting for a large uk corp, fairly text book shared hosting design, each site runs under a unique AD account, providing a security boundary to other sites on the same server/platform by default in our config, asp.net runs under a custom trust based on medium trust + OLEDB and a few other things, on a fairly regular basis we stumble on a assmebly or app which requires higher trust level, more often than not we, create a new custom trust file the minimum in to ...

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

Merging my web.config.mylibrary with the web.config
I see multiples web.config files in the framework 2.0 folder.  There is a way to had a web.config.mylibrary file that contains part of the configuration section.For example, I want that the profile section to be in the web.config.mylibrary file and when the web site will be load, the two web.config will be merge.  Is it possible to such thing ? Hi Biz, It is possible to-do this using the configSource property on configuration section elements.  You could then store different configuration sections in different configuration files in a distributed way.Here is a MSD...

Why web.config does not apply to machine.config
Hi, How web.config file of web applicatin take over machine.config configuration file? I deployed ASP.NET Version:2.0. web application(uses Oracle database) with Viusal Studio 2005 on IIS 6. When I  run the application I get server error  (An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) ...

Web.Config/Machine.Config
Hi, When i open or save these 2 files (Web.Config and Machine.Config), this error message comes out : The memory cannot be written. Then, my web application (ASP.NET) cannot be access at all, until i click OK for that error message. May i know what is the problem and how am i going to solve it? Thanks....

Differences between Web.Config and Machine.Config
 Hi All,   I am new to asp.net,pls list "Differences between Web.Config and Machine.Config" or share any urls on the topic.RegardsSriRam    web.config allows you to add configuration settings for a specific website that contains that specific web.config file.  you can additionally create web.config files in specific folders of your website and their setting apply just to that folder and below. machine.config also contains configuration settings, but they apply to the entire machine (all websites) unless a specific web.config has overridden them. &n...

Web.config and machine.config conflict
We're getting the "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level." error recently. I know what you're going to say, set the virtual directory as an application. We have!Specifically, we have a web site that is an app with numerous virtual directory applications pointing to different projects. And 99.9% of the time there are no issues. But occassionally people get a 500 error and the exception we get back (we use exception publishing) is always this one. It's flagging the <authentication> node as the troublemaker.Any ideas?...

machine.config orverriding web.config?
I've installed a .Net app on a host machine and it's throwing an error. Unfortunately, I can't see the error details (I suspect a connection problem to the database), even though in my root web.config file I have customErrors mode="Off" When I hit the site, I get the default error message about setting customErrors to Off, even though that is the way it's currently set in web.config. Is there any way that the host's machine.config can override web.config? The host has said that they've never hosted any third-party apps before (client's requirement on hosting). I'm thinking ...

Use web.config with web forms?
 Hi All, I'm doing some unit testing of a web application, and would like to use settings from a web.config file.  Is this possible? Thanks much,- Mark I'd suggest keeping your Unit Tests in a seperate project and using it's own .config file. It will be a little repetition but it will help to keep things seperated for perf and reusability without bloating your production app. I agree with Curt. It is better to seperate options for testing and release version. This will decrease the job to be done once the unit testing process is finished.Haissam Abdul Mal...

How to override machine.config in web.config
I'm trying to override parameter settings in machine.config for the password.format and membership parameters with entries in web.config file. example <membership>        <providers>          <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"  type = "System.Web.Security.SqlMerbershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"   connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"  enablePasswordRetrieval="tr...

Web resources about - Machine.config and Web.config - asp.net.web-forms

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Market fall: The march of the machines
"It feels like sell program after sell program," one market strategist said.

Yahoo releases a ton of anonymized user data to help machine learning scientists
Machine learning is taking hold in all kinds of applications, from self-driving cars to image recognition to online recommendation engines. But ...

Amazon Dash is ready to refill your printer or washing machine
Amazon has been hyping up devices with built-in Dash refill ordering, and the first wave of those devices is finally here. As of today, you can ...

Washing Machine Dancing Itself To Pieces On Trampoline
This is a video of a washing machine dancing on a trampoline until it falls off and hurts itself. I've fallen off a trampoline and hurt myself ...

How Picobrew used a vintage Citroën H Van to show off beer-making machines at CES
... did something a little out of the ordinary to catch your attention. PicoBrew, the Seattle-based company that builds at-home beer-making machines, ...

Feel the Adventure of H.G Wells' The Time Machine In This Beautiful New Poster
... his brilliant, fascinating stories like The Invisible Man, The War of the Worlds, The Island of Doctor Moreau or, most famously, The Time Machine ...

23 Wild Vending Machines You'll Wish Were Still Around
For some, the rise of artificial intelligence provokes fears of job-stealing robots . B ut people have been outsourcing odd jobs to machines ...

Machine Gun Kelly’s Surgery: Infection Eating Arm To The Bone, MGK Rapper Richard Baker In Hospital
Machine Gun Kelly’s surgery just barely managed to save the rapper’s arm from being eaten to the bone by an infection. Richard Colson Baker, ...

Florence + The Machine Ft. The Maccabees 'I Love You All the Time'
Traffic sucks, so why not start your morning off with some music? You provide the toast and we’ll provide the jams. Read more...