Local Security Policies

Hi everybody,

Anyone Knows how to change the Windows security policies from .NET code. Are there any .NET classes for doing it? Or is necessary use any Windows API?
I would appreciatte some code example.
I want to change the Local Security Policies (User Rights Assignments), for giving the ASPNET user, for "Act as part of operating system". This is for impersonation problem in Windows 2000.
Thks in advance.

0
furious_

Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment
If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use tApdTerminal, everything works ok. Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding Users to the group, the program work properly ? Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver something that could be preinstalled by installation program ? Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy? (the c...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web Forms Security via web.config?
In classic ASP, if you wanted to restrict someone from a certain area on the website (say, a "client area"), you would activate a session flag once their login creditials had been verified, and challenge each visiter at each protected page for that session flag. I had heard that with ASP.NET, this has been greatly simplified through the web.config file, but wasn't offered too much support on the issue.  Does anyone know how it can be implemented simply and quickly via the web.config file?  Are there any simple descriptions online somewhere?  Ideally, I'd like to authorize the...

File security from web-apps with Forms security enabled?
I am developing a series of web-apps, in the process of converting older client-server FoxPro apps.  We are forced to use Forms-level security on our web-apps, due to licensing issues with providing Active Directory Windows-base security, and have adopted the ASP.NET 2.0 security schema.  However, I have ran into a problem because many of our applications use sensitive Word and Excel attachments to the plans we store in the SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases.  Forms security adequately protects the web-site pages and the database data but when it comes to protecting access to ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Calling local client apps via web form/web app.
Hello all,I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me ifI posted in wrong area. I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app. via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls, but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I would appr...

Localizing a web form
Hi there, I am trying to do a "localization" site, where the users could choose the language, they would like to see the site. I managed to get the "Label" controls to change their values by setting up a resource file. My question is, how do i use a resource file to change the values in a drop down list control? Ideas really appriciated... thanks, MAl. Hi~ You can do it by placing an Literal control in the Dropdown, for example: <asp:ListItem Value="someValue"><asp:Literal runat="server" id="someSelection"></asp:Literal></asp:ListItem> 你好! Just FYI...

local security policy
Situation : Sophos anti-virus deployed on a few hundred workstations. All workstations have an update account for the anti-virus product to login to edirectory to update itself. This local user must have the right to logon as a service. If I add this right to this user and reboot the workstation then after the reboot it still has this right. (Which is very logical :)) Now I install the zenworks management agent. After a reboot the sophos user lost the right to logon as a service. There are no user/workstation policies associated with the context of the edirectory user. If I...

Web resources about - Local Security Policies - asp.net.web-forms

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Security (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
equity securities, e.g., common stocks ; and, The company or other entity issuing the security is called the issuer . A country's regulatory ...

Hello Barbie: 'major security flaws' found in internet-connected doll
... items for hackers. Toys that talk back are some of the hottest holiday gifts this year. And they may soon be hot items for hackers. Cybersecurity ...

Samsung updates Lollipop firmware to show Android security patch level
Responding to a spate of Android vulnerabilities and exploits, Samsung was one of the first companies to announce a move to monthly security ...

Samsung takes mobile security by storm; offers chance to win Galaxy S6 edge+, Tab S2 & Gear S2
Samsung is taking the mobile security market by storm with its hardware-based secure Android platform – KNOX. Tap into the growing list of over ...

Orange County Sheriff's Office beefing up security
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said it will beef up security in populated areas like Orlando, but people News 6 spoke to said they're not ...

Dozens Of Homeland Security Employees On Terrorist Watch List
'I have even lower confidence that they can conduct the vetting process in places like...

Yemen's Aden governor killed in suicide car bombing: Security sources
Yemen's Aden governor killed in suicide car bombing: Security sources - They said at least six of his entourage also died in the attack, which ...