label event? label.text changed?

 Hi

a event exists that occures when the text of a lable is changed?

textbox got such an event.

but I couldnt find it for labels

my task is

i got labels, if they are empty another label shows that they must be filled with text (this works trough a popup by selecting data from a gridview this popup makes an dialog return and sets the text of the label)

so if all labels != null or != "" the other label(showing that the labels are required) should be invisible

0
hurzwurz

Labels dsnt have OnTextChanged type any event.

=========================

You can check it like this -

if(String.IsNullOrEmpty(Label1.Text.ToString())

{

 lblMessage.visible = true;

 lblMessage.Text = "Labels cant be blank.";

else

{

    lblMessage.visible = false;

}

======================

Better option is that you get your data to TextBoxes with Enabled property set to false and put RequiredFieldValidators for them.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/26/2008 9:04:22 AM

Hi!

thanks to you first!

but required field validators are bad

If you got any other buttons in the page, the opens a popup to apply data in a label

all buttons on the site are blocked if the required field validator  says your field to validate is empty

any solution for that?

Greetings

0
hurzwurz
6/26/2008 9:43:57 AM

 Use RequiredFieldValidators.

 Let you have 2 buttons on page - btn1 and btn2.

 Now you want that btn1 should check for required fields and btn2 should not.

 set CausesValidation property of btn2 to false. now only btn1 will check for required fields.

================

Validators are not  bad. Thay have an added advantage, they validate the controls on client as well as on server too.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/26/2008 9:51:10 AM

 hihi

thanks! that was always getting on my nerves...

but then if have to set to all buttons the "causesvalidation = "false" attribute

Ill have a try..

0
hurzwurz
6/26/2008 10:38:48 AM

 I still got problem with the required validator

for some things to validate I need a custom validator

ok now, the required validater fires before the customvalidator. so if your field, which got the required validator, is empty and not the first

and the fields before the field with the required validator have custom validators

Im forced to first type in the data to the field with the required field validator, before the customvalidator can check (when you click insert in detailsview)

this is very annoying

 can you tell me how to avoid this?
thanks :)

hurzwurz Big Smile

0
hurzwurz
6/26/2008 1:17:16 PM

 We always dont need custom validator.

 A lot of things can be validated through Compare validator and Regular expression Validator.

 Yes custom validator checks it in last.

 Well what you want - javascript can do this - without a custom validator.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/26/2008 1:27:14 PM

 and if you want to validate things like this:

the textbox can be empty, but also can have values and the string length is between 0 and 200 chars

or the textbox.text must not be longer than 20 chars

in both cases Alphanumeric characters(lower/upper) and all special charachters are allowed

 how would you do this?

thanks for your advice

0
hurzwurz
6/26/2008 1:38:08 PM

yeotumitsu@sify.com:
 Well what you want - javascript can do this - without a custom validator.

Well to restrict user for Maximum length there is a maxlength property of textbox.

by default all alphanumeric and special characters are allowed.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/26/2008 1:43:28 PM

 Thanks a lot!

 But doesnt this makes the Detailsview Row very big? the validators  capture space...

Have a nice day

0
hurzwurz
6/26/2008 2:47:58 PM

 Well it takes space in ur/users design. not when u view it in browser.

 one of the properties of validators is display -> dynamic.

try that.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/26/2008 4:54:39 PM

thanks for your endurance

:D]

though you are very capable

I may ask another question not fitting to the task (buts the theme already drifted away from it, doesnt it?)

If I type text in a textbox and than use a button to open a popup and selecting there data that is then apllied to a label

sometimes it appears that the text of the textbox is emptied by clicking on the button or redirecting for the popup

any idea Idea ?

0
hurzwurz
6/27/2008 11:31:06 AM

 In this scenario, put the data in <asp:Hidden field> and access it to apply any where.

 txtBox - > hidden field - > lable.

 =====================

Well what exactly is the problem, it can be determined only after looking at the code.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
6/27/2008 11:57:26 AM

 the textobx and the label are in two different rows of the detailsview

it seems that after a postback etc.

the text of the textbox is not saved

i got another page where the code seems to be the same, but there the textbox isnt emptied

after clicking on the button

0
hurzwurz

Justify label text in .net(dynamic label)
 Hi all,        I am working on asp.net. I am creating my lable as dynamic. Justify the text is not coming in "Mozilla" but coming in "IE".I am applying style to lable as l1.Style.Add("TEXT-ALIGN", "justify")For static label is working. my code for static label<div style="TEXT-ALIGN:justify"><asp:label id="lbl_desc" runat="server" CssClass="contents" Width="99%"></asp:label></div> ...

Programmatical change Label.Text of a set of labels in an UpdatePanel
I write engineering solutions in VB. In most cases they need to operate in both metric and English units of measure so I need to update labels such as °F and °C appropriately. I have a number of labels in an UpdatePanel that need this sort of update. Some need to switch between °F and °C while others betweem feet and meters. Which type of units of measure to use is known at Page_Load so I thought I could just make the Label.IDs meaningful (use lblTemp1, lblTemp2 etc for temperature units) and then update their .Text property based on their ID and the units of measure. I am almost there ...

Passing Text of a text box in child form to a label in parent form
Hi Elite People !! I have a parent form with a number of ASP Labels and Buttons. Each ASP Label has a ASP Button next to it. What I want to acheive is when you click the button, it should open a new window with a ASP multiline text box and a "save" button. User can enter the text in the text box and when they click the SAve button, the Text in the text box of the Child window should be displayed in the label on the parent form.  I am successfully able to do this when I have a Text Box in the Parent form, but my requirement is to use Labels on the Parent Form. I am ...

On Change event for label or text item? Is there one?
Still very new to vb.net here :)I am running into an idea...have a popup for the calendar, click the date, then place that date into a label on my original form.  This works so far.  Now, I want the form to search the displayed data upon entering in the label...much like the OnSelectedIndexChange event for drop down lists, I want the same to happen for my label once a new value is entered into it.  Is this possible?Also, is it possible for a text box also?  Like, if they are searching for the Last name of someone, they put in S and it pulls up all S*, then they put i...

question re: changing a label text on button event
Hi,I have a new web form that is calling several subroutines in a separate module to insert leads from a web page to a crm package via web services.The problem is this.  I have a label web control that I want to be able to change when a user clicks submit to notify them to wait and then call several subroutines (in a separate module) for the lead insertion.When the only code in the Button_Click event is lblSubmitResponse.text = "Test", the label changes just fine.  However, when it has additional code in the event that calls other subroutines, it doesn't change (see code below).&nb...

How to change a label font type when clicking a button in a web form?
Hi,How do I change a label font type when I click on a button in a web form? I am using C#.For instance I want to change it from Times New Roman to Arial. [ASPX] <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Font-Names="Times New Roman" Text="Label"></asp:Label> <br /> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Button" /> </form> [C#] protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { Label1.Font.Name = "Arial"; }...

How do I change label text to a custom css class during user event?
I'd like to be able to change label text style to a custom css class when a user selects text alignment from a 'dropdown1'. Here is my css: .AlignTextLeft {text-align:left } .AlignTextCenter {text-align: center } .AlignTextRight {text-align: right } I have a label called label1 & a dropdown box with left, center, and right. Here is what I 'thought' would work: If dropdown.SelectedIndex = 0 Then label1.CssClass(AlignTextLeft) If dropdown.SelectedIndex = 1 Then label1.CssClass(AlignTextCenter) If dropdown.SelectedIndex = 2 Then label1.CssClass(Al...

Update Label.Text when text changed in a textbox
AJAX newbie here. Sorry if the question's kinda stupid. I'm trying to make a textbox triggering an event to update a label when the text is changed in the textbox. Before AJAX I used to use the TextChanged event, but it only fires when the textbox lost focus. Any suggestion how could I make it in AJAX? Thanks! P.s. I'm using ASP.NET AJAX Beta 2 w/ VS 2005. The TextChanged event of a TextBox in a asp:UpdatePanel can not be fired when the text of the TextBox takes place changes because there is no postback.You can place a asp:Button beside the TextBox.Click the button afer you change the...

Setting label text = textbox text on other form
How can I set the text of a label on a user control equal to whatever the user types into a textbox on a .aspx file? Is there any easy way of referencing the label in the .ascx file? Create a property in the user control public property Text { get { return label1.text } set { label1.text = value; } } the property changes the value. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Hi !! Is that code will make the label text as...

Get Label text from Label in Gridview
 Hi all!I have a serious problem. When I swirch to editing mode for a row, I should get on of the value of this row, but I don't, how can I solve it.Can anybody help? (prfer VB.net code)    can u give ur grid html?  Thanks, Mahadeo-----------------------------------------------Best is Not the END point, but a starting point for Innovation------------------------------------------------Remember to mark posts as the "Answer" to help future users. Hi:   I wrote some code here:   protected void GridView1_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEd...

Changing the Text of a Label
Can you change the text of a label client side? What I'm really asking is will you see the changes immediately and will that change be maintained? Thanx, DavidThanx, David Yes, yes, and no :-) You can change the text of a label client-side if you know the ID of the tag holding the text. However, you'll need to somehow tell the server to change the value as well, so you'll need to send the new value in a postback and feed it to the label somehow. If label renders as <span id="myLabel">Text Here</a> then to change the text client-side, y...

Change Label Text
Hello Friends,   I am a newbie in the world of .net. I am working on asp.net 2 and need to change the label text on the client side. i.e. I want to change the text of label using javascript. I had already tried the methods innerHTML and innerText but they are not working dont know why. It is throwing an error message that the methods are not supported like this. Kindly suggest me a way.   Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. dear try the below code document.getElement...

Change label text
How do I change the label text in response window from main window? I use the following syntax but it does not work, can anyone help me? clicked event of cb_button1 in w_main: w_response.st_1.Text = dw_1.Object.column1_t.Text open (w_response, w_main) Since this is a response window, you may need to consider passing the string value within a message object parameter by utilizing a variant of the OpenWithParm() method. clicked event of cb_button1 in w_main: String ls_label_text ls_label_text = dw_1.Object.column1_t.Text OpenWithParm (w_response, ls_label_text...

How to change text of Label
I have a javascript to change the textattribute on a label at runtime. The problem is that the value is not saved when the page is postbacked and now I wonder how to change the text value of a label with AJAX? The script does like this: document.getElementById("id").innerHTML = "something"; and it works fine until the I make a postback, then the info gets lost. Any suggestions how to implement this in AJAX or in any other wat make the value stay during postbacks? You can have a hidden text field and store the desired label text in this field too. When the page is posted...

Web resources about - label event? label.text changed? - asp.net.web-forms

The Day the Universe Changed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Day the Universe Changed (subtitled "A Personal View by James Burke") is a British documentary television series written and presented by ...

PMD News Facebook Group Changed to Closed
... that were previously available only to Preferred Marketing Developers were opened to the public in July , but one of them, PMD News , was changed ...

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

Search Twitter - "If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed."
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh CHUA Chee Wee @ chuacw 4h If you put " If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed ." into your Twitter ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
A bunch of people made suggestions after reading today's Changes piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming ...

Economics : How has introductory economics changed as it's been taught in American universities over ...
Answer (1 of 5): Introductory economics has not changed enormously over the years. In part this is because much of introductory economics is ...

Changed Priorities Ahead - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore joshinrhodeisland's photos on Flickr. joshinrhodeisland has uploaded 616 photos to Flickr.

IBM Centennial Film: 100 X 100 - A century of achievements that have changed the world - YouTube
The film features one hundred people, who each present the IBM achievement recorded in the year they were born. The film chronology flows from ...

Australian shares trade little changed
Shares traded little changed in a shortened session on the Australian Stock Exchange despite stronger iron ore prices and as Wall Street ended ...