is there a way to do the action of hide/show panel control in the client side ?

hi.
i have webform that has 4 panels in it, that i switch every time, to collect user input.
my question:

is there a way to hide/show the asp panel control ,in the client side only ?
0
sapo123

To show/hide panel in javascript: (pnlPrint is the id of the panel)

To hide
document.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "none";

To show
document.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "inline";
0
codeasp

client side show and hide panel
I have several pages that I want to add some controlls that are normally not displayed. Say I have a datagrid and below the datagrid I add a panel. Just above the panel I have a link that executes some javascirpt to hide the span tag. In the panel I have a link that executes som js to hide the panel. All is working OK, but I want to have the panel hidden automatically when the page loads. I obviously can't use the visble propery of the panel since the html is never rendered to the client to be show. TIA, Craig p.s. my js is function HideAdminPanel() { if (document.getE...

Showing and hiding Panels on the client side?
hello, I have a couple of panels I am useing on a page to mimic a tab based navigation menu. I have been able to use linkbutton clicks to show and hide panels to simulate the tabs. Is it possible to do this on the client side rather than making trips back to the server? Is this similar to the UI validation controls that can validate input from either the client or server side, or would I have to write the script myself to accomplish this? Thanks, jigster... an asp:panel is just a <div> tag on the client-side. using view->source would have told you this.RTFM - straight ...

Show/Hide Panel in Client Side
Hi. I have tow asp panels and tow html buttons to navigate between the panels.like this:document.getElementById('Panel1').style.display ='block'; document.getElementById('Panel2').style.display ='none';    the first button to show the first panel and hide the second panel . the second button had the opposite purpose. inside the panels there is asp controsl. every thing work good until I use postback  by any control in the panels,for example when I click an asp button in the panel evry panel return to the defaut style. I put this...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

Showing or hiding controls using a client side script
This question might have ben asked number of times but my search did not yield a full answer to my question. I found some partial answers but I am sure a full well explained answer will satisfy me as a novice asp.net developer and people who are in the same boat as I am. I like to use a checkbox and based on the selection of the checkbox, I want to show or hide number of controls (mainly labels and text boxes but possible to include other controls in the future). I want to do that at the client side to avoid round-trip delays (hence I believe I have to run a client side java script). M...

Hide/Show controls on client side
Hi there,  I have these piece of code: <div id="DivLabelBanos" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial; font-weight: bold; cursor: hand; position: relative; top: 20px;" onclick='Hide("DivBanos");'> Baños </div> <div id="DivBanos" style="left: 30px; position: relative; top: 20px; display: none"> <asp:DropDownList ID="DDLBanos" runat="server" Font-Names="arial" Font-Size="8pt" ...

Web User Control +Client Side Control
Two Questions if Possible:  1: Some controls have methods/properties that can be gotten/set client-side (IE ASP:Timer).  Can usally access them by "$find('<%=Control.ClientID%>').get_(set_)name()".  I made a User Control that has a "Enabled" Propertiy (basically sets a bunch of its components to "visible = false" and then a Timer.Enabled=false).  I can't access my user controls "enabled" via client side script (IE $find(UserControl.ClientID).set_enabled(false)).  How do I bundle this type of fu...

Client Side Windows.Forms Control and Web Services New Session ID / Inconsistent Behavior
Hi All,  I am going nuts here and have tried everything I know, googled, read msdn docs and I am still having this problem. Basically... I have a .net Control (.dll built on windows.forms, from system control not a web control) that the client loads via <object></object> tags ala ActiveX. In the control I have a method to execute a call to a web service to collect some information. While the page is getting built and sent to the client browser I use session variables to store some info. The client .net control then calls a webService in the same applic...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

Using tree view control to display sections of a web form application and need way to show completed sections
I have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 using VS 2005. I have used CSS to split my pages into a header, left menu column and a content area. The system as a home page type landing page after login called Main Menu where the user can see open applications, start new applications and peform account maintenance like change password etc.  I'm new to ASP.NET and want to first thank everyone on this forum as your previous posts on various topics have helped me a ton so far. I seem to be stuck though on figuring out the best way to handle my application completion portion of...

Enabling/ Disabling and Show/Hide the controls outside the Update panel control
hi I have one update panel in my page which have a button Button2. Outside this updatepanel i have one more button Button1. I have to disable/hide the button outside the updatepanel by clicking inside button Button2 and vice versa. I write a server side code for both. I found that, the event Button2_clicked fired when I click on Button2. But Button1 is not disabled at all. Actually I want to do this thing in my project in which I have to hide and disabled more controls when I opened a usercontrol which will show records for selecting. I want to display this as a popup, so I ...

hide a control in a client side
hi every body can i hide a control in my web form like a combo box, by using a client side scripts. i tried make it visible equal false and tried to change its position to a unseen position but no thing works. thanks alot Have a read of this post.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Web resources about - is there a way to do the action of hide/show panel control in the client side ? - asp.net.web-forms

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

Contextual and Granular Notification Controls
... written a lot about notifications, at one point calling the notifications screen “my home screen.” But I don’t like how we are forced to control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Sanders Backs Gun Control Legislation Ahead of Democratic Debate
Hillary Clinton's campaign calls her rival's move a "debate-eve conversion."

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: The Oscar stuff is ‘completely beyond my control at this point’
... last night’s London premiere of The Revenant . Leo is looking pretty good these days. He’s de-bloated, his facial hair is very much under control, ...