is it possible to use loginstatus control without using login control?

 Hi friends

pls let me clear in this.

is it possible to use loginstatus control without using login control?

thanks in advance

0
solo

 Yes, if you write your own login control that plugs in using asp.net authentication via the provider model then the login status will still work fine.

You can set up custom providers in web.config.

0
rtpHarry
9/4/2008 10:58:49 AM

 thanks to reply. can u give me a sample code?

0
solo
9/4/2008 11:09:32 AM

 Yeah for custom providers in web.config its pretty simple, but the rolling your own is a complex task. Do you already have a database or some reason for not using login control? Maybe you approaching it from the wrong direction...

0
rtpHarry
9/4/2008 11:28:56 AM

 i have database. that's sql server2000. i need to check nested conditions for my login process and i felt some difficulty to use login control.

now my login process over well. now need to maintain login status only. thats y asked.

i dont feel secure to give hyperlink for logout.

0
solo
9/4/2008 12:28:04 PM

You can use the Authenticate event in the login control to perform your custom validation steps

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.login.authenticate.aspx

0
rtpHarry

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

Using Data Controls Without Using ObjectDataSource Control
Hi, I've been looking on the Internet for a tutorial that would show me how to use the data conrols (FormView, GridView etc) without using an ObjectDataSource (or any other data source control).  The reason is that I want to use a formview and gridview from within another formview control to create a single form  that would allow me to insert, update and delete an order and its order details at the same time. I thought that this could be achieved by having a DataSet containing two DataTable objects in the code-behind with the Order DataTable containing one row to repres...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

login without using login control
hello, I am new to asp.net, and i need to developed a secure website, for this i need to make a login page without using loging control, can u pls help me out to make secure loging page with sessions     Hello there and welcome to asp .net. From what i understand you want to build your login page with out using the built in <asp:login> control (please correct me if i miss understood) 1 Question i would like to ask and this will help anyone that can help you out. Where will you be storing your user details? (eg: xml file, access database, MS SQL - thats j...

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

Insert form without using form control
Hi I would like to build a form without using a form control ie, formview, gridview, detailsview.  With the following code I don't get an error message but when I hit the form button the record doesn't get inserted into my table.  Is there code that I have to add to my code behind maybe on the button click event that I have to add to insert the record?  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="InsertForm.aspx.cs" Inherits="InsertForm" %><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ...

Using Win Form controls in web forms
Hi All,   Please tell me if i can't use the window forms controls in my webform. What if i simply import the System.windows.forms Namespace. Definitely this will help me to expose the class & methods, but will they work accordingly when get rendered. I am totally confused.. please help me. Thanks Simple answer:  You can't.  Webforms controls render as HTML; while this may be possible to achieve with Winforms controls by invoking the design-time rendering, I doubt it's going to work very well.What control are you trying to use?Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, Easy...

Not install Web Controls to use these controls?
Dear All, Can anyone tell me how to use the web controls if I did not install the web contols from the downloaded .exe files? Many thanks if you can give me code with vb Lan. Regards Can you tell us what you did (step by step) and where it's not working? Please, view post 134991. DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Who uses Web Controls/HTML Controls?
I'm currently making the migration from ColdFusion to asp.net and I have a few questions. 1. Does anybody really use the Web/HTML Controls? CF has something similar <cfform> but I never use it because I'm a believer in separating html from application logic/control. And I like being in control of what goes on in my apps. However, I find the Web/HTML Controls interesting. 2. Is there a standard framework that people use to organize their code? I like using MVC (Model, View, Controller) to create true N-tier applications. Just wondering what others use. 3. Is anybody using Flash...

When to use web control and Html control
I am designing a web application in which onclick a form becomes visible containing set of text boxes and other fields. How shoud I design it. I am not able to figure out difference between web form controls and html controls. Shrinivas...

login using authentication but not using controls
I wish to write my own login system. I don't want to use the controls for the following reason. 1) i want pure css, not so keen on the adapters2) i want to use email address as the username Can anyone point in the direction of some sample code ( VB if poss )  or maybe some wise words  thanks. i've created my own login which uses email adress as login, but it's in C#... But i guess you will understand it, cause its not difficult at all  <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlLogin" CssClass="panel" Width="35%"> <asp:Table ID="tblLogin" runat="server"> <asp:...

Login Problems using .net 2 Login Control
Hi There, I have a really strange problem. I am creating a website with an administration back end. We have a seperate sql 2000 server which we are using hold authentication credientials (after having used the aspnet_regsql.exe to setup the appropriate tables. When testing the application on the local machine, everything works fine. The web admin works, I can login, I can retrieve data to display on the rest of the site. Once uploaded to the live environment things change.I can still connect to the sql server i.e. I have information being displayed on the public area of the site which i...

Using Web Controls outside of a User Control
I am using several user controls within my application but want to be able to use controls outside the user control. How can I do this?  For example I want to be able to switch visibility of other controls within the page.   Is this possible?  Thanks in advance Hey, You're not saying access a control within a user control outside of the user control?  If you're not, you can access any server control like you do a user control, through its name.  That works.  If you are talking accessing a control in a user control outside of it, it's best t...

Use Ajax controls within web control
Is there any example that show how to write a custom web control (one that doesn't have aspx) and use Ajax controls ? I have a user control consisting of a panel the modalpopupextender. I have a copy of the aspx and .cs file in all the sites.  I want to turn it into a control so I can re-use it. How can I achive it? Hi Thanhhuynh, Basically, you can drag it into your customer control without doing any other special settings. Ajax Control Toolkits work depend on ScriptManager or ToolkitScriptManager. Please make sure that the ScriptManager should be located before the e...

Web form control to use??
Please advise what is best form control to use for my webform. I will be retrieving data from a database where I need to display different types of items with different repetitive answers. For example: I retrieve a user. This user will have his/her profile like: Symptoms : where there are about 50 symptoms types and possible values are yes/no dosage used : where there may be a possible of 100 dosage types and possible values could be numeric values. I was going to dynamically add a radio button list for the symptoms and tables cells for the dosage types and their quantities, but is ...

Login without using the 'login control' in VWD
I am trying to create a login procedure in Visual web developer without using the built in controls. starting with a simple button and two textboxes this is the code behind i have:'SQL COMMAND:Retrieve record with username and password entered            SQLCommandString = "SELECT [Username] FROM [User] WHERE[User.Username] = '" & TextBox1.Text & "'AND [User.Password] ='" & TextBox2.Text & "'"            Dim SQLConnection As NewData.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Mic...

user control data entry form, use same codebehind as web form?
Hi All, I have a quesiton about the approach I'm taking. I have a series of report forms which I have been in the process of consolidating to a single, generic page and subs/functions in a single code-behind. All the reports can use the same set of data entry elements (a dropdown, a radio list, and a textbox). I'm trying to convert these elements to a user control. However, this user control seems to need to inherit differently than the rest of the code-behind. I've been using a single class in the code behind. Is it feasible to separate out the data entry? the code behind im...

How do YOU build your server controls? Using writer to output html or using controls?

Modifing javascript to use server controls instead of using html controls
Hi, I use a Javascript to create a textbox that converts English to Hindi text. I am using it in my aspx pages. I use another javascript to access the Text of this HTML textbox.  Everything is fine when I use Single TextBox on a page. But the complexities go out of my control when i need to use 5 such textboxes on the same aspx page. Moreover I encounter issues of ID of ASP.NET controls that get changed as there are ContentPlaceHolders, TabPanels etc. I don't know the javascript things so deeply that I can comprehend the code that generates the custom Textbox. Now I ne...

Is there a way of using web controls without having to designate the web site location an Application ?
I have web controls working fine on a developement machine and web controls installed on the web server but not having access to the web server myself I cannot change the IIS settings so that the folder my pages are located in is designated an 'Application'.As the folder is not an 'Application' the page/web control fail to work.I've re-created and confirmed the problem on my development machine by removing/adding the Application setting within IIS.So my question is: Is there a way of using web controls without having to designate the web site folder an Application ?Many T...

Using DropDown Control to enable/disable other web controls
Hello, I'm currently designing a form which has about 20 or so controls including validators. A dropdown control will list 5 different types of User forms. These User forms have common controls and some form specific controls. What I am trying to achieve is; depending on what is selected in the dropdown, web controls are either enabled/visible or disabled/hidden. So the user only sees controls that are specific to the form they have selsected in the DropDown. Currently, I have done this by creating a collection containing all the non-common controls, and a collection for each form ...

Web resources about - is it possible to use loginstatus control without using login control? - asp.net.web-forms

Partners
Toggle navigation Home About Technology How It Works Applications Benefits Latest News Contact Partners Partners Milestone Solution Partner AXIS ...

Become a Stallholder at Mindil Beach Markets, Darwin
Facebook Trip Advisor YouTube Instagram Thurs 5-10 PM, Sun 4-9 PM Last Thursday in April until the last Thursday in October Menu Home About News ...

Java Web Application Security
... public class LoginController { @Autowired LoginService loginService; @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.GET) @ResponseBody public LoginStatus ...

csharp - James Manning's Blog - Page 2
The LoginStatus control is very useful, but I wish it defaulted to redirecting back to the login page instead of making me set that behavior ...

Announcing new .NET and Windows Phone SDKs for SkyDrive, plus IFTTT, DocuSign and SoundGecko integrations ...
... ClientSecret, null ); try { var scopes = new string [] { "wl.signin" , "wl.basic" , "wl.skydrive" }; LiveLoginResult loginStatus = await this ...

Audio Edition: The Urantia Book
The Urantia Book in free downloadable mp3 format

Latest News
Toggle navigation Home About Technology How It Works Applications Benefits Latest News Contact Partners Latest News from Imagus Biometric Technology ...

Partners Login
Toggle navigation Home About Technology How It Works Applications Benefits Latest News Contact Partners Partners Login Username Password Remember ...

Downloads
Toggle navigation Home About Technology How It Works Applications Benefits Latest News Contact Partners Downloads Login Username * Password * ...

Contact
Toggle navigation Home About Technology How It Works Applications Benefits Latest News Contact Partners Contact Imagus Technology ABN PHO WEB ...