Is it Obvious?? What is the best 'Matrix' way to create an Edit/Update web form for a single record.

The Matrix has powerful Datagrid tools and Code wizards, however,

What is the best 'Matrix' way to create an Edit/Update web form for a single record from a database.
0
Scots

Best practices for creating a 'wizard' like interface within web forms
Hi there! We've been working on a school project, involving a fictious travel agency. We've already drafted the user interface on paper, and developed a web service and database backend. I'm very glad we picked .NET web technology so far, lots of stuff is already bundled with the framework, so we don't need to waste much time on trivial coding. We've recently drafted the user interface for the agency, and we agreed upon a 'Wizard' like interface, with a 'continue' button, lots of screens which ask information, you know the drill.. What is the best way of implementing a wizard inter...

'System.Web.HttpRequest' does not contain a definition for 'form'
Hello all. .NET 2.0 newbie here.... What I'm trying to do is learn how to use the LoadVars() in actionscript. Here is the .NET / C#/ html code  1 <form id="form1" runat="server"> 2 <div> 3 <% 4 if (Request.form("userName") == "Cameron") 5 { 6 Response.Write("&aspvar=it is You!"); 7 } 8 else 9 { 10 Response.Write("&aspvar=you are not Cameron&"); 11 } 12 13 %> ...

How to Dist Between 'Web Forms' and 'HTML' Controls in VS 2005 IDE
I am using ASP.NET 2.  In books and articles, authors refer to and distinguish between 'Web' controls and 'HTML' controls.In the actual Vis Studio IDE toolbox for web forms,  I have one list of controls called 'Standard' containing controls like 'Button' etc. There is also a list labelled 'HTML'  with things like 'INPUT (button)' . There are a few other lists, but none labelled 'Web'. Where are the 'Web' controls found and what are they called in the IDE?  Same for the 'HTML' controls.   I see references in books to 'HTML' controls called 'TextBox', but I d...

Trying to edit web form, can't get database updated with newly edited values.
 This is my code:  when I try to update any of the fields, the update statement retains the old values retrieved from the database.  Could you tell me where my code is bad? -Thanks, Mark   <%@ Page Language="VB" %><%@Import Namespace="System.Data"%><%@Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient"%><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server"> Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVa...

Alternative to 'web forms'...
I'm looking for an alternative to using components on a 'web form', because I want finer control over the rendering of the html, so my application can be skinned by a non-programmer. So instead of using a tag which say 'datagrid' I want to be able to loop over an array of records from a dataset rendering each row of a table.Is this possible with .NET or do I need a third party component?Many thanks. Hi, and welcome to the forums!If you use a Repeater instead of a DataGrid, you have full control over the markup produced and rendered to the client. The Repeater control does not produce any m...

Create a web form that'll add a record to an SQL database
Hi everybody, I am new to ASP.NET and am wanting to start creating some member sites and user content submission sites, and am trying to learn as quickly as I can by using MS Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I have created a member area and create users pages and such, but am now wanting to allow a user to submit an article to the website which can include formatted text, images and sample code (its a programming article site), firstly, what is the easiest way to do this because I thought about submitting each article as a record in an sql database but that wouldnt provide me with ...

System.Web.HttpException: Control 'ctl00_main_Wizard1' of type 'Wizard' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.
I can't figure out why it is saying that. . . the content window that it is in and the wizard itself both have runat="server" set in their tags 2 things to check..1. Do you have the main <form runat="server'></form> tags ( the wizard would be between these tags)2. look for typos - something mistyped will prevent .Net from seeing the form tagHope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout...

Best way to keep track of our users in database while they're filling out web form.
Hello SQL and .Net Experts,Here's a tricky one...well, for me anyway. (-: Okay, I'll just be straight up with it. I have several ASP.Net pages that the client is going to be filling out. First one is like demograhics.aspx where they put in just regular information, you know, like, FirstName, LastName, SSN stuff like that. Now, with each page, I'm dumping to a SQL table via stored procedures. So, for the aforementioned page I have a table named Data_Demographic and a stored procedure named sp_DataDemographic_Insert or something like that. And, for the rest of my pages I ...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

How do I place a 'subform' in a web form?
Hey forum, I have two related Sql Server Express Edition tables (below).  I'm trying to create a Web page that has a formview for table PlantName and a Gridview for PlantHeightChanges so that I don't have to re-enter the data in PlantName whenever I update the changes in PlantHeightChanges.  How do I get the Id value in the 'outer Web form' (bound to PlantName) to autopopulate in the id column of the 'subform' ( bound to PlantHeightChange)?  Is it possible?  Even a link to an article on the subject will be highly appr...

Ubuntu Install: The local XML file './data/bugzilla-update.xml' cannot be created. Please make sure the web server can write in this directory and that you can access the web. If you are behind a prox
Hello list, I found the fix for this on SELinux via http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/lRMFnx3hwvEaH6nROdxg but I cannot find the way to adapt its findings to my Ubuntu install. /public_html/bugzilla# uname -a Linux hfs 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux drwxrwx--- 7 root www-data 4096 May 22 17:45 data Thanks! -- Ryan ...

Web resources about - Is it Obvious?? What is the best 'Matrix' way to create an Edit/Update web form for a single record. - asp.net.web-forms