Inline Coding (i.e. no Code-behind) and Wilson Pages (.Net 1.1)

Hi,

I'm developing a personal web site and planning on hosting it on Brinkster, but Brinkster does not allow codebehind or using Dlls (from what I understand). But I would still like to use Wilson Master Pages, if possible.  I downloaded the free source code from the Wilson Master Pages website, but I'm not an advanced enough .Net programmer to firgure out how to use the source code using inline code.

 Normally, you would use something like:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="Wilson" Assembly="WilsonMasterPages" Namespace="Wilson.MasterPages" %>

 on your templated pages, where the corresponding classes in the assembly/namespace would be:

public class MasterPage : System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl

 And

public class ContentRegion : System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel

 But how can this be implemented using inline-code rather than using an assembly... or is it possible?

 TIA

0
user360

how can i convert code behind web forms pages to inline code pages
hi all of you, I have a problem, a have registered a free asp.net space at Brinkster , so i can just upload my files there one by one, but can not install my web application directly, and i have to upload my projects there, so one way is o convert all my VS.NET web application which is code behind, convert that into inline code, so how can i do that Thanks in advanceWarm Regards,Prajesh Kumar JhaE-MAIL : prajesh.jha@rediffmail.com Convert from Code-Behind to Code-Inline: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000174.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease m...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

.Net 1.1 RSA Cryptography code throws exception in .Net 2
I wanted to use the RSA cryptography classes and had some C# code from .Net 1.1  I wanted to encrypt with the private key and decrypt with the public key.  However, the .Net 1.1 code that works OK throws an exception if run in .Net 2 when trying to decrypt using the public key.  I have tried different  CspParameters flags but to no avail.  ANyone found the solution? CspParameters cspParams = new CspParameters(); cspParams.Flags = CspProviderFlags.UseMachineKeyStore; RSACryptoServiceProvider RSA = new RSACryptoServiceProvider(); string publicKey = RSA.ToXmlString(...

Conversion of code from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 posing a problem
Originally Posted by Akshay_Jadhav on the Microsoft Interoperability - Technical Interoperability Scenarios forumHI,I have converted .net 1.1 code to .net 2.0 using .net wizard. i have radiobutton whose checked property is set to false on page load, on clicking of a button on that page checked property of radiobutton is set to true and a dropdownlist is enabled. when i select some value in dropdownlist the page is posted back and checked property of radiobutton is again set to false(automatically) which is wrong, it should be true. Same code is working fine in .net 1.1,when i select som...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

.net 2.0 and 1.1 code
hi,will anything developed for .net 1.1 still work ok with .net 2.0? (As provided in the microsoft express downloads)?thanks.regards,sell4u_uk Hi Sell,If you are using Visual Studio 2003 today, then you will want to use Visual Studio Standard 2005 or higher for web development on 2.0.  Not all of the features you have in VS 2003 are available in the free express download products (for example: Visual Web Developer doesn't support standalone class libraries -- that feature is only available in VS Standard and above).Hope this helps,Scott...

Code to determine that if .net framework 1.1 is Installed
Here is the code that determines that if .net frameowork 1.1 is installed on the client PC. Please let me know if this can be acheived in better way ! private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if(!Page.IsPostBack) { // Gets the directory name of the mscorlib.dll file string directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(@"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll"); if(IsFrameworkInstalled(directory)) { Response.Write("Framework 1.1 is Installed"); } else { Response.Write("Fr...

[.NET 1.1] MasterPages, setting properties by code
Hi there, I'm using Paul Wilson's improved MasterPages. His version has two properties that can be set. One is DefaultContent and the other is TemplateFile. I've added a few more properties, like title and such. Problem is, I want to set them by code. But the OnInit event-method prevents this. The OnInit event is fired/executed before my own code. So when I set the TemplateFile property, for example, I set it, after the complete (master-)page has been built! The solution is to set the properties in the HTML (ASPX) and then it will work. But I don't want that! :) I've changed t...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

Web resources about - Inline Coding (i.e. no Code-behind) and Wilson Pages (.Net 1.1) - asp.net.web-forms

Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

How Heartbleed Works: The Code Behind the Internet's Security Nightmare
By now you've surely heard of Heartbleed, the hole in the internet's security that exposed countless encrypted transactions to any attacker who ...

Anatomy of an interactive: a look at the code behind our Second Screen
... and Paralympics coming to town, this presented the perfect opportunity to try it on. Being mainly responsible for the client-side code, I'll ...