Inherits user controls from my own user control.

Hi,

I am working on ASP.NET 2.0 with the C# as code behind.

I have a baseControl.ascx.cs which will have properties and some methods.Then I have childControl.ascx.cs which inherits from  the baseControl.

Public partial class childControl : baseControl

Both user controls are in the same namespace. When I build those user controls, it returns me error saying that the type or namespace baseControl cannot be found().

I would like to know is it possible to inherit user control? Will it be possible if I declared the baseControl as an abstract class since I want to have some abstract methods in that class?

Thanks.

0
Tee_Fish
1/3/2006 3:12:00 AM
📁 asp.net.web-forms
📃 93655 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 177 Views

That's due to the new Web Project scheme in ASP.NET 2.0.  I
haven't quite figured it out entirely but I do know of one quick way if
you don't need to define a template for your user control.  Create
a new class that inherits from User Control(as a pure CS file...not as
a User Control you selected to add a new item) and put it in the
App_Code folder(create it if you haven't yet...it's a default ASP.NET
folder you can select).  Put all of the base control logic
there.  The base class should now be accessible to your user
controls.

But that's only if your base control doesn't define any template...

0
tetsujin