import to excel

Hi!

How to import my current form data to excel sheet

Current form data contains in tabular format

presently we are using

Response.Contentype="application/vnd.ms-Excel"

Response.addHeader("Content-Disposition","inline,filename=ExcelRPT.xls")

Displaying error is File format is not matching

but this code is works for gridview format

0
sailajaranit

Have you considered using the ReportViewer control with an embedded report? It will handle the Excel export in native Excel.

-j-

CSK is back! See
my blog http://blog.microsoft-j.net for more details.
0
JSawyer
6/18/2008 1:39:37 PM

Hi sailajaranit,

Maybe you code has something wrong,please try to the following code.

Response.Clear();
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;filename= Report.xls");
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
System.IO.StringWriter stringWrite = new System.IO.StringWriter();
System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htmlWrite = new HtmlTextWriter(stringWrite);
dgStu.RenderControl(htmlWrite);
Response.Write(stringWrite.ToString());
Response.End();

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you mean.
Thanks.
Hope it helps,
Hua Jun

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
Hua
6/20/2008 2:35:17 AM

Try this code.  This code will export data in a repeater control, but you could substitute it for a gridview control if you like.  Remember if you have paging enabled, it won't export all the records in the gridview.  It will only export the data that is in the gridview on that page.

Response.Clear();
string fileName = string.Format("attachment;filename={0}.xls", DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMddHHms"));
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", fileName);
Response.Charset = string.Empty;

Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.xls";
using (System.IO.StringWriter stringWrite = new System.IO.StringWriter())
{
    using (System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htmlWrite = new HtmlTextWriter(stringWrite))
    {
        RepeaterControl.RenderControl(htmlWrite);
        Response.Write(stringWrite.ToString());
        Response.End();
    }
}

If you need to export large data to excel, you might consider using BCP:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa174646(SQL.80).aspx

That is a great tool which will efficiently export large data to an external file.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Malcolm Sheridan
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as
Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
malcolms

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

Importing text file (possibly a excel file) via a web-form to a database.
Hey there - I'm sort of new to this and have a question - which in itself is probably easy, I'm just having trouble finding it. I need to import a text file - possibly later an excel file - into a SQL database via a web-form upload function. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A tutorial page that you know of or sample code, possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Take a look @ : - Reading a Delimited File Using ASP.Net and VB.Net - HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. That was perfect - thank you!...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Importing Individual Web Forms and User Controls from a Web Site
Is there a best practice for importing individual web forms and user  controls from a web site to a web application project (i.e., to ensure the .designer file is generated and all that)? On the new version of an existing web site, we're moving the WAP, but we're changing the project enough that I don't want to just upgrade the whole thing--I just want to import select forms and controls. So far, the best thought I've got is to do a fake upgrade and copy over files from that, but that's a bit heavy for my needs, so if there's an easier or better way to just grab the ones I want, pleas...

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - import to excel - asp.net.web-forms

Gaza imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Import of goods into the Gaza Strip is limited as part of the 2007–present blockade of the Gaza Strip imposed by Israel and Egypt . Israel allows ...

Instagram 4.1 Adds Ability To Import Video, Automatic Straightening
Facebook-owned photo-sharing network Instagram released Instagram 4.1 last week, which added the ability for users to import video from their ...

Oakland Opens the Wallet for Cuban Import
Looks like Billy Beane really is sticking to that Window. After spending the offseason trading away two of the better young starting pitchers ...

Import and Publish YouTube Videos to Your Facebook Page with Cueler YouTube
Cueler is a useful and easy Facebook application that allows Page administrators to automatically synchronize their YouTube videos to their Facebook ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

HelloSign - Scan or Import Documents to Sign for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch ...
Get HelloSign - Scan or Import Documents to Sign on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Secretary Kerry Delivers Remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry delivers remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., on April 24, 2014. [State ...

The Kronies: Laughing All The Way to the Export-Import Bank - YouTube
Get Konnected at http://thekronies.com/ In this very special episode of "The Less You Know", Johnny and Bobby learn a valuable lesson about campaign ...

Russia raiding Turkish firms and sending imports back
Moscow also preventing Turkish tourists from entering Russia, businessmen say, in apparent response to downing of plane.

Import brands dominate list of finalists for North American Car and Truck of the Year
Coverage of advertising spending, campaigns and agency changes in the automotive industry.