I need to create an edit type control for editing about 800 characters of data. How do I set this up?

I need to create a web application. The web application will have a web form. On the web form, there will be a large text box type control that will allow people to enter in about 800 characters of text into the text box. Once the text has been entered, the application user will press a "Save" button, and the text that was entered will be written to a database table. Subsequently when the application user opens the application, the web form will be populated with the data that was initially entered, and the user will be allowed to enter in or edit the data before saving it again. (think of the large edit box we type our posts/questions into on this forum. That will give you an idea of what I am talkng about).

 I need some geneal guidance as to how to set this up. Meaning, which control and data source should I use? Should I attempt to bind the data to a textbox control? If so, should I use a SqlDataSource control or an ObjectDataSource control?

Will

0
brgdotnet

Try to look into this link to get how to select datasource.

http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=189

For the controls in Web Form,you can choose TextBox,ListBox,Literal.......one of them is OK.

0
Jasson_King

IWDBEdit control set to IWDBGridColumn.Control not editable [Edit]
Hi folks. I'm relatively new to IntraWeb and am having trouble with my application. It is a simple app that is supposed to show a list of user accounts in a grid and allow the user to edit data in the accounts. I have a TADOQuery connecting to MS SQL, with 'Select * from UserAccounts' as the sql text. I have a TDataSource with the Dataset property pointing to my TADOQuery object. Both of these objects exist as part of the UserSession. On my main form, I have an IWDBGrid, IWDBNavigator, and an IWDBEdit control. They are all hooked up to the TDatasource in the UserSessi...

help! need advice on best way to do database driven add/edit/search type web forms...
Thanks to the lovely folks on this form, and way too much time.. I have now filled up my SQL tables from my old access tables, i have created a form that hooks into the database and pulls fields out to populate drop down boxes and have little red * that show up if a field isn't filled in... my method:create new form ->pull over listbox - connect to datasource to fill up listbox w/ topics... repeat several times -> pull over input text boxes -->drag over Submit button-->drag over 'RequiredFieldValidator' and set it to the list boxes.... problems:1. (in VisWebDev...

Problems with Walkthrough: Editing and Inserting Data in Web Pages with the DetailsView Web Server Control"
I am going through "Walkthrough: Editing and Inserting Data in Web Pages with the DetailsView Web Server Control"  found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sdba1d59.aspx I am using Access instead of SQL Server.  Everything works fine until I get to the last step, where I try to insert a record.  When I hit the New link it lets me add the new data, but then when I hit Insert, I get the yellow page which I have paseted below.  I have been through this 3 times and am stuck. Server Error in '/Test003' Application. You tried to assign the Nu...

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Edit but no edit

How to Create a Simple Web Form for Go Daddy hosted site from Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Edition
I have spent all weekend trying to make my simple form mail WORK.  And now, much forum hunting and Go Daddy calling later, I want to post what I have learned, hoping to save another newbie a loooooong weekend.  So here goes:1) If you don't have one already, create an e-mail account at Go Daddy.  It will take about 15 minutes to become active.  Write down your user id and password, then forge ahead with the rest of this.  It will take you less than an hour, depending on how detailed your form is.2) Create your form in MS VWD 2005 X ed using the Wizard tool...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDAT...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, U...

Editable GridView: Need C# code for Editable Gridview web part..!!
  I have created a Sharepoint Web Part programmatically in C# which fetches data from SQL database and displays in a Gridview. Its working fine. Now i need to make this gridview editable so that the changes should be reflected / saved back into SQL Database. I am running oout of time and need help immediately. Can somebody help me in getting the code for Editable Gridview please........???? Thank you Can Sombody help me out here.......... there are so many examples on the web http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972948.aspx http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/P...

How can I allow a user without edit permission to access a control which is of type edit?
Hello,I have a module which allows a user with Edit permission to add a new record or update a record in the database.  I would also like to be able to allow user's without Edit permission to Add and Update records they created.In the view module's "ModuleActions" method I can add the following action:actions.Add(GetNextActionID(), Localization.GetString(ModuleActionType.AddContent, LocalResourceFile), ModuleActionType.AddContent, "", "", EditUrl(), False, DotNetNuke.Security.SecurityAccessLevel.View, True, False) This allows the user's without Edit permission to see the "Add Recor...

VS 2005 VWD Express Edition compared to Pro Edition for Web Forms.
   The menu bars of the two, Express seen in excellent training videos and Pro on my own machine are different.  The Pro is so depleted, can it be used?   The windows forms side looks workable, but not my interest.   Is the difference the quietly concealed missing components not ready even for the late release?   If so has anyone the slightest idea when they will be ready?   What can be done in the meantime after viewing the few videos available and reading the few books, based on the Beta, of course?   For the moment all I can see is to get...

setting the edit control's size relative to non-edit cell size
I have a DataGrid with dynamically added custom edit controls. Some of the strings that go into the custom control (the control might be a TreeView, or a ListBox) are long, and this does funky things to the cell size in edit mode. **I basically want the added control (e.g., a listbox) to be the width of the host cell, and 4X the height....all the time** (in the grid's ItemDataBound callback for edit) //create a new listbox, clear the edit cell's controls, and add the listbox listbox.Height = new Unit("100%") ; //this makes the listbox’s height just the hos...

Web resources about - I need to create an edit type control for editing about 800 characters of data. How do I set this up? - asp.net.web-forms

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Digimon World -Next 0rder- Game's Trailer Previews Characters, System
Eir Aoi contributed theme song for game shipping March 17 in Japan

Stephen Curry Is A Fictional Character From Planet X
One of baseball’s last remaining virtues is that the maxim “Watch any baseball game, and you’ll see something you’ve never seen before” is generally ...

Drink eyeballs, get power: Far Cry Primal introduces its main character
Ubisoft has cut a new trailer for next month's Far Cry Primal , which you can read about in-depth over at Brett's preview from last month. The ...

'Mortal Kombat XL' is loaded with characters and skin packs
NetherRealm's found a new way to milk its beloved creation Mortal Kombat X. Today, the studio revealed a version of the title dubbed Mortal Kombat ...

Kristen Wiig's Terrifying 'Zoolander No. 2' Character Promotes 'Youth Milk' in New Teaser
Kristen Wiig's Terrifying 'Zoolander No. 2' Character Promotes 'Youth Milk' in New Teaser

Weibo Beats Twitter To Raising Its 140-Character Limit
The Chinese microblogging service is raising its posting limit to 2,000 characters China's Twitter, Weibo, has beat the original to the punch ...

The Free 'Black Desert' Character Creator Is Actually Pretty Disappointing
The Free 'Black Desert' Character Creator Is Actually Pretty Disappointing

Sorry PC fans, New Mortal Kombat X characters and skins are for consoles only
Earlier this week we noted the upcoming release of Mortal Kombat XL, a new edition of last year’s popular and gory fighter that includes all ...

These Fascinating Characters Are the Reason The 100 Is a Must-Watch Show
... reenactment of Lord of the Flies ? This could get stale. But by the end of season 2, I realized I’d been completely wrong. These characters ...