i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?

0
anjaneya1237

 There are a number of ways storing values.

 Check out:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspx

http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html

Thanks,
Karan

~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~
0
karan

Welcome to asp.net forums.

Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to keep on one or two forms. If you haven't gone too far ahead, try redesigning it as later it will prove a cause of concern while maintaining them

Back to your requirement, if you would like to build a multi step UI kinda thing, I would suggest you to go in for the Wizard control.

You can get references to use it over here.

To get over 100 values in your 3rd page, either use collections/db to store the values and retrieve them in your 3rd page. Another option could be to use get/set properties. Sessions can also be used, but I feel 100 controls are way to many. Try redesigning some stuff.

HTH,
Suprotim Agarwal

-----
http://www.dotnetcurry.com
-----

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Calling a method from a control page on the axpx page where the control page exists.
Hello,  I have an .aspx page that has a method called grdMain_DataBind().  I have a control page that loads within the aspx page which has its own logic.  I have a button on my control page called "SAVE".  How can I call the method grdMain_DataBind thats in my aspx logic from the control that exists on that page when I click SAVE button.  Is there a way? If I were you, I'd simply create a "Save" Event within your control. When the Button in your control is pressed, in the Click handler for that Button you can raise the event. Then, within t...

Problem Accessing Page Controls in a page that has a master page.
Hi,  I have a problem with accessing the controls of a page that has a masterpage. I am trying to access the Page.Controls from the code behind in the class file but no controls are returned.I can access single controls (ex. txtAddress.Text) but not the whole array of controls (ex. Page.Controls).  The controls structure is..                                 MasterPage  >  PlaceHolder > MyPage.aspx &n...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Using controls from pages, master pages, and user controls
How would I structure my site in this scenario: I'd like to use a dropdownlist all over my site, sometimes in a regular page, sometimes in a master page, and sometimes in a user control.  I wish to bind its events programmatically, so normally I would just put that in the codebehind.  However, I notice a lot of code duplication because I have to declare the control in everywhere, in my base page (which all my pages inherit from), in my base master page (which all my master pages inherit from) and in my base user control (which all my user controls inherit from).How should I be...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

page up / page down
Name: Kyle Morrison Email: kymorris_at_cisco.com Product: Deer Park Summary: page up / page down Comments: page up and page down do not work mac osx 10.3.9 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b3) Gecko/20050712 Firefox/1.0+ ...

Page Down / Page Up
I have tried this on the google groups - advanced search, but get nothing. So, here is what I am trying to do ... PB 11.1 / Postgres : List datawindow on top with all desired records. : Form Datawindow on bottom showing the detail information for the selected record : I share the datawindow buffer with the detail and manage the scrolling accordingly. Now, in the detail window, I have multiple line 'comment' fields. when the cursor is in the comment field (again multiple lines that usually scroll outside the 'box'), the user wants to be able to hit page down /...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Page To Page
Hi How can i call to a Text that has been written in a different page(in a TextBox). I want to call him to make a SELECT quastion. Thank's....

Web resources about - i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ? - asp.net.web-forms

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

2015 Fiesta Bowl: Preview, How To Watch, Ticket Information
Here’s everything you need to know about the New Year’s Day matchup between the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

- Rosenblum will propose law on notifying people when their information has been hacked
SALEM — Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told lawmakers on Wednesday the state’s privacy laws need to be updated to keep up with cyberthreats ...

Apple’s secrets: How Apple’s legal fight with Samsung revealed a gold mine of top-secret information
Following a contentious patent battle that raged on for nearly five years, Samsung last week finally agreed to pay Apple $548 million in damages ...

White House offers states more information on refugees
Governors are still clashing with the administration over whether to admit Syrian refugees into their states

VTech hack exposes personal information of millions of customers
Children's technology and educational toy maker VTech announced that it was recently a victim of a data breach that exposed sensitive information ...

Transcend Information posts increased revenues for November
Transcend Information has reported consolidated revenues of NT$2.322 billion (US$70.7 million) for November 2015, representing a 5.67% increase ...

VTech hack exposes personal information of 5 million adults and children
Another data breach? Won't someone please think of the children?