HTML Table in Table?

Hi All

Could I build a HTML table in a HTML table with the outlook of the inner table is one of the cell of the outer table?

It is because I found my inner table always smaller than the cell of the TD. What I want to do is the inner table to 100% fill all the td of the outer table?

Regards

Alex

0
hnchan

 Hi hnchan

you can easily do it. Pardon for my suggestion, but if you want to do it dynamically then you can use HTMLTable, HTMLTableRow, HTMLTableCell classes to build your table at run time.

and easily add cell to your row by simply row.Add method and same for adding table to row.

hope this helps.

Tech Lead,
FirstPhera.com

My Blog

0
prashantlakhlani
2/19/2008 9:28:23 AM

 Actually the best practices for designing page layouts is to use CSS and Div layers

Check below video

Design page layouts using CSS

HC

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam
2/19/2008 10:44:31 AM

I would suggest you start playing with CSS and  use CSS Positioning with Divs for Page Layouting for you to customize the look and feel of your web page.. here are some links to refer

http://www.barelyfitz.com/screencast/html-training/css/positioning/

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/stylesheets/csslayout.html

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/css/position

Regards,Vinz

vinz
2/19/2008 1:23:29 PM

Haissam:

 Actually the best practices for designing page layouts is to use CSS and Div layers

Check below video

Design page layouts using CSS

HC

 Thanks. It is useful.

 But if I have a format which imaybe

4X3 column for the first four rows

1X2 column for the fifth row

 3X5 column for the remain rows

Is the CSS still best practice? Thanks.

0
hnchan

HTML Table or Web Control Table?
Hi, I am wondering what is the purpose of using Table web control? It seems to me kind of hard to just drag and drop a textbox or other web controls in the table ... unlike HTML table, we can drag a web controls and just drop it inside the HTML table cell ...? Is there any good tutorial for just how to use the Table control?? There is Microsoft tutorial for table control, is there any others site? I assume you are talking about a data control such as a data grid, data list, or repeater. Try these artciles.... http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052103-1.aspx http://msdn.micr...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Create html table dynamically in a html table
I need create a html table with 2 rows and in first row contains 1 html table.How do I create this tables dynamically.example:<TABLE>  <TR>    <TABLE>      <TD>Primeira Coluna - Primeira Linha</TD>      <TD>Segunda Coluna - Primeira Linha</TD>    </TABLE>  </TR>  <TR>    <TD>Primeira Coluna - Segunda Linha</TD>    <TD>Segunda Coluna - Segunda Linha</TD>    <TD>Login</...

Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control
How Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control? add runat="server" attribute to the <table> tag...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

C# method using ado.net to create an html table with just the db table name

grid vs flow
I'm having a bit of a problem placing validation controls in a data grid template column. I've placed a "grid layout panel" in the edit item and I've got all my elements placed where I want them. Unfortunately, any new controls seem to get placed in flow layout mode and I can't get them placed where I want them. In short, grid layout mode isn't working anymore. To combat this problem, I'm considering changing my layout to "flow" and using a table to place my elements (a more web-centric layout method). I've been able to add an html table to my template and place co...

Web forms and table.
I have currently made a Registration site where I want users to registrer. The registration site has Textboxes and Submit and Reset buttons. How can I do so when the users press Submit after typing in information in the Textboxes. This will send the information from the Textboxes to the table (wich I have created), and then send the user an "Welcome" e-mail (getting the e-mail address from the e-mail field.".Please help. To send email, you can use System.Net.Mail namespace ( in .net 2.0 ) or System.Web.Mail namespace ( in .net 1.0 ), here is the example to send email (copied from MSDN): u...

alter table of table A causes trigger on table B accesseng table A to fail
hi, i recently faced a strange problem, i have two tables, table A and table B table A has a update trigger which updates data in table B. i altered table B to add two more columns. after which when i updated table A(modifying 1 row), my tran log got full. there was a threshold proc which got fired but it did'nt help much. i though the tables had been corrupted. ran dbcc tablealloc on syslogs, table A, table B, no errors. Just to be sure I ran a dbcc checkdb, checkalloc and checkcatalog - no errors i recreated the trigger - no use. dropped the trigger. updated the table it ...

Hiding html table rows and table data

How do I access an html tables table cell programatically
I'm creating a navagation table at the top of a page. I'm using an html table which contains one row with 6 cells in it. Each cell contains an Image Button. When a button is clicked I would like to change the background color of the table cell. How do i access the the table cells using C# code-behind to change the background color?. Thanks. You would need to use a server control like the Table Web server control or the HtmlTable Html server control. Then you can use the Rows collection of the control to programmatically get a row. With the row, you can use the Cells collection to get ...

Creating a Web Form with a multiple data tables in Visual Web Developer 2005
I just realized that I have posted this question in one of the other forums and I think it belongs in this one.I am trying to create a form where users can enter new Title information, the title header information is being stored in a table called Books. In addition to the information stored in Books I have another table called Subjects the Subjects table has the BookID in it as a foreign key, each book can have multiple subjects. Tables Books - BookID (varchar50) Primary Key - Title (varchar50) Subjects - iSubjectID (int) Primary Key auto-increment - BookID (varc...

Clear User from Table on Web Page close in vb.net web project.
Hi All, I tried to place some code on sessiopn end which seems to be not working. http://212.24.225.146/SessionTest/Default.aspx Above url is recording session and code is: If Not IsPostBack = True Then Session("UserSession") = Session.SessionID Dim con As SqlConnection Dim cmdUpdate As SqlCommand Dim strupdate As String Dim dtread As SqlDataReader Dim updated_records As Integer con = New SqlConnection(db_connection) strupdate = "INSERT T...

table = table object
hi, how to copy the all rows of a table to temporary table using javascript i have tried like this but it's not working ex:document.getelementbyId('tmpTable')=document.getelementbyId('baseTable'); is there any way to do this..?? thanks... icanmakeiteasy put both tables in 2 divs and do div1.innerHTML = div2.innerHTML;MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets i have tried that tooo... not workingicanmakeiteasy you are doing right. just change thisvar tempTable ;tempTable=document.gete...

Web resources about - HTML Table in Table? - asp.net.web-forms

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

Central Australian table grape season looking good but rain and competition threatens
Central Australian table grape season is on again and things are looking good for a farm in Ti Tree.

Philly Papers Set the Kobe Table
As usual, the Philadelphia Daily News has the killer-pun front page headline. But in terms of must-reads ahead of Kobe Bryant’s final visit ...

Get a VIP table at the hottest club in town with Tablelist
If you love going clubbing and always try to hit the swankiest spots in your city, then this new app is for you. Tablelist gets you access to ...

Laying My Cards on the Table
Steven Hayward at the wingnut PowerLine blog indulges in a silly hypothetical: GUNS: TIME TO CALL THE LIBERAL BLUFF? Here’s an idea: let’s ...

Refugees Welcomed at My Thanksgiving Table
... Laos. Once, on Thanksgiving, I started a conversation asking everyone's earliest memories. She spoke last. She remembered eating at a table ...

Lawler: Preliminary Table of Distressed Sales and All Cash Sales for Selected Cities in October
Economist Tom Lawler sent me a preliminary table below of short sales, foreclosures and all cash sales for a few selected cities in October. ...

Rising Syrian soccer star now waiting tables in Iraq
War-torn nation's soccer team has become one of many victims of the grinding conflict dividing the population on political lines

Star Trek Transporter Pad Coasters Help Your Wooden Tables Live Long and Prosper
... simple tool that makes life more efficient, cutting down on the need for extra time spent cleaning while extending the lifespan of wooden tables. ...

Draghi: Risk of deflation 'firmly off the table'
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi spoke at the Economic Club of New York on Friday.