How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page

How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page

laks
0
lakkris

See if this helps: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533723(VS.85).aspx
Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
0
siva_sm
1/8/2008 5:06:21 PM

I saw that..But i want to use it in my code behind.

laks
1
lakkris
1/8/2008 5:19:18 PM

window.dialogArguements is available in client-side JavaScript only.

Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
1
siva_sm
1/9/2008 11:54:10 AM

Any option to have the same functionality of showModalDialog of javascript in asp.net?.

laks
0
lakkris
1/9/2008 3:25:54 PM

You can use HTML hidden elements in the popup page and some JS to set the received arguments to the hidden elements and access them on the server-side via Request.Forms collection on postback. Will it work for your case?

Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
0
siva_sm
1/10/2008 8:45:52 AM

I tried sending querystring thru showmodaldialog and used in the codebehind with Request.Params.That solved my purpose.

Thanks for replying.

laks
0
lakkris

how can I use window.opener but with window.showModalDialog instead of window.open
Hi, I tried the code bellow that I found in  :  4guysfromrolla site:the code displays a source page, whn I click on the Calendar <a href />  link  i get a calendar displayed on a target page. when I select a date, the calendar page closes and populates the textbox txtDate with the chosen date. Here is the code of the 2 pages and my question is down bellow:a source page called frmCalendar.aspx has this:<form name="frmCalendar">   <input name="txtDate" type="text" />   <a href=&q...

Windows A/D authentication using a form and getting a windows principle?
I want to authenticate against active directory and get a windows principle back, but I want to code a login form in an unauthenticated area of my application.I do not mean using forms/windows mixed mode, only that I am using windows auth, but have areas that are accessible to anyone (even unauthenticated users).When a user wants to access a private area, they must fill out the login form and pass the A/D test to get a windows principle back.  I need the windows principle because that is how the site manages groups, etc.Thanks in advance.--[_]-[_]--AGENT_SMITH...

Modal window on Modal window
A while ago, I posted a problem that timers didn't seem to be working for me. I created a work around, and there were several responders that timers were working for them. Then I noticed that my login box was having an issue - after the "invalid login/password" message gets displayed, no fields got the focus. The login window is a Response! window, as it the message display window (inherited from common ancestors). When the login window opens the message window, the line after the call that caused the window to open gets executed. I found this to be odd... S...

window.modal vs window.open, which to use and how to use?
Hi, I am opening a child window through javascript with window.modal but the problem is when i click a button or link it opens another page with respect to that link, i want to open that page in same child window. when i used window.open the parameters like location scroll bar etc were made false but it had no effect on the child window, using window.modal is fine as far as these paremeters are concerned but the problem is same as i told you people earlier that it opens a third page. how to solve the problem thanx in advance I use modals a lot and they work well. Place <base...

prevent opening a new window in modal window using content page
Hi, I have a content page with a button and when I click it, I am trying to open a modal window using javascript:showmodaldialog (this is a normal aspx page, I mean not a content page). In the modal window. I have a asp button and when I click the button,I am trying to do some validation and the close the modal window. what is h appening is, when I  click the button my code is executing and after that a webpage is opening again and the cotents which are in modal window are displayed in the webpage. how to avoid this. <cotent>  <asp:button id="btn" text=&...

how to use window.dialog argument property in Code behind file of VB.NET
how to use window.dialog argument property in Code behind file of VB.NET Hi ashutosh Please look at the reply I posted in your thread here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1136542.aspx In that reply I refer to an article. Their they show an example of using the javascript function in code-behind. Well, in codebehind it's actually a bit different. there you can do something like this: Here is the code-behind of a button click which opens a window by calling the javascript function window.open.   Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handle...

Passing parameters from web form to windows modal form
Dear All, How can I pass a parameter from an ASP.NET web form (.aspx) to a windows popup modal form? I have a web form that show a list of items in a data grid, when user click on one of the item in the list, the item details is retrieve from database and show on the popup modal form. To retrieve the item details from the database in the modal form, the item ID need to pass to the modal form. How can I do it? Please help. Thanks in advance. Do you mean with windows modal form literally winform or just popup (web page) which is modal? You can open modal web pages using window.showModa...

How to pass value from a response window to a sheet window without hard coding window's name?
--------------61550542C801F20B8152B0BC Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I opened a response window from the sheet window, got value from the response window and now I need to put it into the sle of thesheet window. The response window is used by multiple sheet windows, so I can't hard code the sheet window's name. It should be a generic code. Below is the code which needs to be modified. string ls_value, ls_value_cd ls_value = dw_1.GetItemString(dw_1.getrow (),"frb_dept_nm") ls_value_cd = dw_1.GetItemString(dw_1.getr...

More than one page posts using window.opener.window.document.forms[0].submit();
 I've wasted an afternoon and evening trying to find a solution to this weird problem. I have a preview page(default.aspx) and an edit page (editdefault.aspx) as content pages within nested master pages. They are also within an iframe which is not within the nested masters. There are lots of other pages within the top level master page.I use a dynamically created asp:linkbutton to post from default.aspx to editdefault.aspx: Code behind:              LinkButton EditBtn = new LinkButton();      &...

Calling parent window (using master page) button click event from an opened child window (not using master page)
I have a parent window that pops up a child window. In the child window, there is a server control LinkButton, with the following command at code-behind upon clicking:         Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.opener.document.getElementById('<%=btnMas.ClientID%>').click(); </SCRIPT>");        Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.close() </SCRIPT>");        Response.End(); What it would like to do are:1) Invoke the ...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

how to change these windows form code to web form code?
hi, i'm a beginner of c#,i want to know how to change these windows form code to web form code //////////// private void buttonSign_Click( object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //get original message as byte array byte[] messagebytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes( textOriginalMessage.Text); //create digest of original message using SHA1 SHA1 sha1 = new SHA1CryptoServiceProvider(); byte[] hashbytes = sha1.ComputeHash(messagebytes); //display hash bytes in hex format StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); for (...

How to call window form from windows servcie in .net
Hi    I created a windows Service and i did following steps.>>protected override void OnStart(string[] args) { // TODO: Add code here to start your service.   System.Windows.Application.Run();Form1 frm = new Form1(); frm.Show(); }   I add the service installer and to start service i opened a command prompt then i typed installutil path/serviceproj.exe. And i started the service from Mycomputer->Manage. But windows service is not showing the form.Everyone is telling windows service not support UI.Its a background thing. So Form is not showing My ques...

how to add theme for a web page when it's calling form windows application using Web Request class
Hi Everybody, I want to apply theme for a web page when it's calling from windows application using web Request class. Here is the code in windows applicationpublic static string GetPageHTML(string url) {string strHtml = String.Empty; try {Uri uri = new Uri(url); WebRequest resq = WebRequest.CreateDefault(uri);WebResponse resp = null;StreamReader sr; resq.Timeout = 99999999; resq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;resq.PreAuthenticate = false; resp = resq.GetResponse();sr = new StreamReader(resp.GetResponseStream()); strHtml = sr.ReadToEnd(); }catc...

Is there anyway to find out the title of a window from a passed window variable before the window is opened?
Is there a way to find out the title of a window from a window variable of unknown window type before the window is opened? I could get the string specifying the window type if I really need it. Thanks for your help in advance Never tried it, but I'd try getting the classdefinition, and going down the variablelist to find a title attribute. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:34:31 -0700, "gg" <iciNoMail@nomail.nil> wrote: >Is there a way to find out the title of a window from a window variable of ...

How to know in the code behind if the window has been open from another window
 HiI want to know in the code behind (server side) if the page has been open from another window. In the client side I can check, in a javascript function, if the window.opener is null or not, but how can I know this in the code behind. Is it possible?Thanks,Luis Miguel   I think your best bet might be to use a HiddenField, and populate that HiddenField with the javascript window.opener value. For example: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %><!DOCTYPE html P...

Setting title for window created using window.showModalDialog()
Hi, I notice that when I pop up a window using the window.showModalDialog() method, the title of the window gets appended with "-- Web Page Dialog". How can I avoid this? Thanks, Vasanth You can't. NC...  ...

How to pass a web controll from child window to parent window.
Hi, there, I used javascript fuction window.open( ) to open a child window. In the child window, I have a FileUpload controll to browse a file that will be uploaded to the server in the parent window. In the parent window, I have a event handler to upload the file coming from FileUpload controll of the child window. How can I pass the FileUpload controll from the child window to the parent window? Thanks, Jack Won't work. The page with the control has to do the upload. NC...  ...

Get the passed values in child window from parent window
 HelloI am opening a pop up window using Javascipt. I am also passing the value from Parent window to child pop up window.I want to get that passed values in child window i.e. pop up window and how them on label. How can I do that?The javascript function is:function ShowPopUp(EmailID)            {                if(EmailID != null && EmailID != "" )                {        &nbs...

Modal windows with Windows XP
I support a PB app that uses a modal window that is opened automatically based on a transaction from our mainframe. We had no problems until we upgraded to Windows XP. Now, the focus stays in the mainframe window instead of being transferred to the modal window. If a user clicks on the modal window, everything is fine, but if they just start typing, it all goes on the mainframe window. Any ideas what might have changed with XP? What version of PB are you using? <L. Chartier> wrote in message news:41b4cf37.3495.1681692777@sybase.com... > I support a PB app that uses ...

How to pass values from window form control to Web page !!!
Hi i have a window form control which is downloaded on the client's machine.and it writes a binary image file on the client's machineAnd now i have to get this binary image file from client's machine and save it to database.Plz tell me Is this possible using window form control???OR there is any another way so that i can access the binary image file from client's machine.Thanks in advance.  Good luck on that one! This sample might help. It passes a string value from a windows component to the web page. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////...

How to get the image from child window to parent window and thus close child window
Hi AllI have two pages reg.aspx and show.aspx. From reg.aspx, i call show.aspx to show images in a grid view, some of the content of grid view is shown below. Now, iam displaying images here using show.aspx. Now, when user clicks on any image under show.aspx, iam calling closewindow() function. My task is that when user clicks on this photograph, the corresponding photograph should be displayed in image box under reg.aspx. For this iam passing on imageid to closewindow function and assigning it to a session variable so that i can use it under reg.aspx to connect to DB and use it to display it under image window. my question is :.1. When user clicks on any image under show.aspx , then show.aspx should close and the respective image should get displayed under reg.aspx. Let me know what to do here?         <Columns>            <asp:TemplateField>                <ItemTemplate>                    <asp:hyperlink runat="server" ToolTip="Click to select the Image" NavigateUrl='<%#Closewindow(Container.DataItem,"Imageid")%>'>                    <Image run...

Web resources about - How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page - asp.net.web-forms

Issues - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in chromium An open-source project to help move the web forward. Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Code Search New issue ...

Problem with IE11 and nested Modal Dialog after applying KB3008923
After applying windows update KB3008923, dialogArguments are 'undefined' when displaying over an existing modal. For example, if you load a page ...