How to upload an Outlook Message in File Upload control in .Net

Hi All,

Is it possible to upload an outlook message from outlook in File Upload control.Please don't suggest to save the message onto the desktop and then upload it!

What I am after is really navigating to the outlook folders through the File Upload control and upload a message.

 Thanks guys

0
chanderraman

If there is a way to do it, but it could be used to maliciously read someone's email folders, forgive me if I hope no one answers you. :)

0
david

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

How Do I Enable A File Upload Control When Another File Upload Control Has A Value?
Hi There,Thanks you for taking the time to read this post.  I am quite new to programming and have searched the net and experimented with my own code but not been able to get it to work yet.I am creating a simple CMS for a friends site and my friend wants to be able to upload 9 images per page.I have created an asp.net form with 9 file upload controls.  I want 1 control to be enabled by default and the other 8 controls disabled until the previous control has a value.  I have set the default setting in visual studio without any problem.My first thought was to double cli...

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

how to upload, delete uploaded and show a progress message on files being uploaded to server
how to upload, delete uploaded and show a progress message on files being uploaded to server Hello, welcome to ASP.NET Your trying to upload a file from the client to the server? You could use an asp input in version 1.1 or the File upload control in 2.0 Before you upload the file, you can get a bytecount on the file to be uploaded, then as the file uploads, you can count the bytes that have progressed. Set your progressbar.minvalue to 1 progressbar.maxvalue to bytecount progressbar.step = 1 And then update the progressbar based on the current bytes.  If you dont want to post...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

vb.net win form UPLOAD FILE TO WEBSERVER
I need help posting a jpg file from a windows form to a webserver.  Please help....

File Upload web service... VS.net 2005?
I have a web service that receives file uploads as dime attachments which was written with VS.net 2003 for .net framework 1.1.  It runs into the same file size limitations that you get in a regular web application.  I had heard a rumor that VS.net 2005 with .net framework 2.0 would fix the large file upload limitation problem, and hopefully use less server memory by chunking incoming files also.  Has anyone been able to confirm or deny this?  I would like to know before going to the trouble of installing the new version and making whatever changes it wants. ...

How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control
How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control? By default its 4mb but it can be chaged through web config settingsAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. For a detailed explanation on your query have a look into this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641(vs.71).aspxAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point...

Uploading files in .NET
Hi,  I have created a basic utility to upload images to my server using the built in .NET class. I need however to validate the file that is being uploaded to ensure only gifs and jpgs are saved to the server. I know how to do this server-side however it seems to want to read the file stream before I can use regex to test the file name. This means if someone tries to upload a BMP it could take ages and then finally say that the file is of the wrong type. My question is.... can I call a Javascript function first to test the file before I call the sub to upload the file? So a instant al...

file upload control for windows desktop application using vb.net
hi can anybody pls tell me the control for uploading a file in windows application using vb.net.I know that we have file upload control in asp.net for webforms as well as in html controls. But this time i've to create a desktop application and have a window form that allow user to upload the images,as well as text files etc through this window form. This is really urgent.Pls help. Thanks,Neha    In window forums you need to use SaveFileDialog to do the file saving... This forum is dedicatedly for Asp.Net related web development, so if you have any queries ...

Web resources about - How to upload an Outlook Message in File Upload control in .Net - asp.net.web-forms

Flexity Outlook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Flexity Outlook is a series of low-floored, articulated light-rail trams manufactured by Bombardier Transportation . Part of the larger Flexity ...

Zynga Scales Back Outlook, Cites ‘Challenging Environment’ On Facebook Platform
... growing revenue, which the company reported Wednesday in its second-quarter financial results . Zynga noted that it is scaling back its outlook ...

Microsoft Integrates Facebook into Outlook
On the heels of a recent Facebook Pages integration with Docs.com , Microsoft has again Facebook-ized its products by allowing Outlook users ...

Outlook Magazine (@Outlookindia) on Twitter

bit-player - An amateur's outlook on computation and mathematics
In a few days bit-player will celebrate its seventh birthday. (The first published post was dated January 9, 2006.) The original design for the ...

LinkedIn for Outlook - LinkedIn
LinkedIn for Outlook Your Professional Network within Microsoft Outlook Get more info about your important contacts, see what they're doing, ...

Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store on iTunes
Get Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iOS Outlook app adds Skype integration to automatically schedule & join Skype meetings
... of business meetings these days taking place via Skype , Microsoft has made it easier than ever to schedule and join a Skype call in the Outlook ...

LNG gloom, S&P oil price cuts darken outlook for energy stocks
The shock drop in China's LNG consumption and S&P's oil downgrade have driven oil and gas stocks to fresh multi-year lows.

You can now create Skype meetings right from Microsoft Outlook for iOS
Based largely on Acompli , which Microsoft acquired just over a year ago, Microsoft Outlook is a smart email app that works with a variety of ...