How to send value form popup window to opener window ??

I have problem and I need everybody help me.

I desgning a website using ASP.NET and VB.NET - I want, when user click button as show popup window with list user of system (from database) and click user of list, it's in textbox of opener window. Can you help me code it ???

Thanks a lot !!!

Không học không biết, học rồi sẽ biết
0
linux_nd

 You have to access the window.opener.document object in JavaScript. This will give you access to the DOM.

function getOpenerElem(Jb)
{
	return window.opener.document.getElementById(Jb);
}

  I use this function to access the opening windows DOM.

Joseph Guadagno
My Website: http://www.josephguadagno.net
My Blog - http://weblogs.asp.net/jguadagno/

If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jguadagno
10/2/2007 4:07:05 PM

Check below link

Passing Data Between Webforms

HC

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam
10/2/2007 9:16:19 PM

 Best way to implement this is by using modal window by this way you can pass parameters easily from parent window and the child window plus it lock the parent window till the child window closed

here a good sample of this plus custom control you can use easily

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebModalAnchor.asp
Tamer Fathy
MCAD .NET
http://tamer-fathy.blogspot.com/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Tamer

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Modal Popup window opens new window when form posted
I am having trouble with modal dialog.  I have a web page PopupTestParent.aspx and popup.aspx.  When I click button on popupTestParent.aspx, it opens modal dialog as exptected, when I click button on Popup.aspx, and form gets posted, it opens a new window, instead of using same window as the form.  code for both pages is given below.. Any clue, how to get over this? <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="PopupTestParent.aspx.cs" Inherits="PopupTestParent" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 ...

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Migrate Window Form to Web Form
Hai  How to convert Window (Visual Basic) Project to ASP.NET Web Project. V can able to convert VB to VB.NET. But i dont know whether VB to ASP.NET is possible Anybody can response this.. Thank Stella.    ...

how to include a windows form in a web form
can sombody tell me how to include a windows form in a web form. what you mean by this....  can expain more about what you are trying to achieve..... The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Hi, Not very sure by what you mean, but if you want to place a windows form control on a webform, then you can embed a 'Windows Control Library' in a webpage. Check here for a sample. HTH,Suprotim AgarwalASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips  plz check t...

How do you call a windows form from a web form?
hi,  i doing a vb project which include a web form and a windows form.   How do you call a windows form from a web form? can any kind souls plz tell mi haha....my email is EDITED. i appreciate the help   regards kit  EDITED By: longhorn2005 This gives you an idea using VS 2003-- most of it is still relevant:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 I am attempting to do something similar, I have an existing windows form application that I was asked to i...

Converting Windows Form to Web Form
Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form? I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application. My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET Thank u in advance. well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :) so it is possible the question is how easy? how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic? it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them. to maintain full compliance with...

call a web form from a window form
Hi all I need help about calling a web form from a window form. i don't know if this is possible but if it possible please give me some help, any kind of help. thanks. Miguel A. Usually you can open any exe from within the windows form, and to do so, you could open the iexplorer.exe and give it the url of the webform to run it. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP would you give me an example? please, tanksMiguel A. please i need some documentation or examples about this.Miguel A....

Web Form to Windows Form conversion
Hi,Has any-one seen a conversion tool from asp.net forms to Windows forms - I have seen one the other way. The users don't like one of the pages on an intranet system of ours. This page contains a grid, text boxes and drop downs for product data entry, they need to use this very quickly and it really needs to post back after each row for business rules validation.  They don't like IE. flicker, and they also need it to beep if the page is posting back i.e. they shouldn't be entering data at this stage but they do it that quickly they sometimes...

Entering data in old aspx form only after saving data in new web form opened in new window
Dear all, i am facing a problem. please solve it. i have created two .aspx pages, say, page1.aspx and page2.aspx. with the help of client-side javascript i am opening page2.aspx from page1.aspx in a new window. So, page1.aspx and page2.aspx remains open at the same time. what i want is, i don't want the user to able to activate or enter data in page1.aspx without saving data in page2.aspx. regards subhajit use window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() when the child window is closed, in this case, program execution continues on the next line after the showModalDialog...

Hosting Windows Form Components in a Web Form
How can I host a Windows Form Component in a Web Form? ...

About difference in execution between Windows forms, and web forms?
One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?Means,How windows forms will be executed?How web forms will be executed?and, what is the difference in execution between them?Ashok kumar  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?And what was your answer to that question? Alister  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web applicati...

Web resources about - How to send value form popup window to opener window ?? - asp.net.web-forms

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 popular among enterprise users
Almost half (49 percent) of companies which participated in a recent survey by Forrester Research say that they plan on upgrading to Windows ...

HP’s full Black Friday ad posted: Huge savings on Windows 10 laptops, desktops and more
Many retailers are already offering impressive deals on Windows 10 laptops and desktops this Black Friday season, and now there's another big ...

Gartner sees a grim future for Windows smartphones
Gartner is predicting a grim future for Microsoft's Windows mobile OS, saying it won't make its mark in consumer smartphones, remaining relegated ...

Windows 10 Big Improvement Will Anger Users
Microsoft keeps a promise that is only likely to spark new protests...

Our Favorite Android, iOS, and Windows Phone Apps of the Week
Next week is Thanksgiving, so this week’s apps include a few that will be fun or useful for groups–whether you’re delayed at the airport or sitting ...

Windows 10 Updates To Be Irritating For Some, But Quite Useful For Uber Users And More
It appears the new Threshold 2 update for Windows 10, according to Forbes , could be problematic for some and rather positive for other users. ...

Enable This Setting to Make Windows 10 Boot Up Faster
Windows 10 came with no shortage of performance improvements, but one of the neatest is its fast boot times. If your machine is taking too long ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 1:31:59 PM