How to send email through the default user email client

Hi

I am still struggling with this issue:

I have a list of product in my page, beside every product there is a button named 'Send to a friend'

i want when a user click on that button to open his default email client and throw a link of the product into the body of the new message

I am using standard 'mailto' html function, but it does not allow me to format the body of the message instaed it just throw the html code as it is.

not as html

i would be really appreciated if i can get any help

thank s

0
aramadan66

 This isn't really a asp.net issue but i found this javascript which could be of use however it's stated as only working in Internet Explorer. Have you thought about sending the email via your emailserver instead of relying on the client as i find most people use hotmail/gmail and dont set it as default therrfore outlook opens and annoys people.

function OpenOutlookDoc()
{
try
{

var outlookApp = new ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application");
var nameSpace = outlookApp.getNameSpace("MAPI");
mailFolder = nameSpace.getDefaultFolder(6);
mailItem = mailFolder.Items.add('IPM.Note.FormA');
mailItem.Subject="a subject test";
mailItem.To = "an@email.here";
mailItem.HTMLBody = "<b>bold</b>";
mailItem.display (0);
}
catch(e)
{
alert(e);
// act on any error that you get
}
}

Regards

Liam

If you've had a problem then someone else has too. Google is your friend. google for your topic title.
0
Shocker

Sending automated eMail to Web Form user
I expect that the answer to this query is really simple but I am a relative novice to ASP.NET and all the eMail topics I find within the site seem very complicated and not what I am seeking. I have a Client Registration form (.aspx) which, on submitting, transfers the input data to an Access database which allocates an AutoNumber to the new record. The Client Registration form redirects on Submit to another aspx page which contains a SELECT MAXOF query to display the client's Registration Number (i.e. the highest number is the latest and therefore that visitor's unique reference which he...

Sending email to user after submitting data in web form
Hello, I have create a page that has a Wizard Control on their that users fill out data, once the data has been submitted and stored into the database I want to send an email to the user with the data that they have submitted as a reference.  In the email I need to able to have some basic text at the top of the email saying simple stuff like 'thank you for submitting your tracking information,etc'. Does anybody know how to do this?  Your help would be greatly appricated.Regards,Steven You can do it in .net Following code snippet should help you.   Imports System.Web.Mail...

SMTP/POP user and password login when sending email from a web form
Basically, I want my web application to send out emails. Theres plenty of documentation showing how simple this is to do, but non deal with the question of logging on to the smtp or pop server. Is there a class that can deal with this too, or will I have to buckle down and start working at the sockets level? Thanks....

default email address for sending email
How do I set this? Thanks David K melbourne.au On 7/29/2006 3:49 PM, D Kinston wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have replied at the bottom: > How do I set this? > > Thanks > > David K > melbourne.au Click tools/account settings. Click the specific account in the left pane of the new window. Fill in appropriate boxes in the right pane. -- Dennis M. Marks Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not included. Not for internal use. Don't ru...

Default email address for sending emails
Hi, My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. Can you tell me where to do this? Catherine Catherine wrote, On 23/07/08 14:14: > Hi, > > My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up > to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. > Can you tell me where to do this? > > Catherine First question , are all accounts setup to use 'Use default server' in their Account Settings > Mail accou...

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

sending emails from email marketing web sites
Hi, I am trying to send an email to a colleague which contains an image. I created the email in the email marketing web site Vertical Response. In my office we all have Mozilla Thunderbird and everyone can recieve the email fine except him. I assume it has something to do with the setting he currently has on Mozilla but I can�t figure out how to fix it. Can you help? Regards carolyn carolyn wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to send an email to a colleague which contains an image. I > created the email in the email marketing web site Vertical Response. ...

Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form)
Hello all. I have yet to find anywhere an example on how one might use the underlying ATLAS API (not the fancy controls that come with it) to send a simple email from a simple webform. Can anyone point one out for me? Or maybe someone has an example tucked away somewhere that they might want to let out ino the public? Thanks,Andrew There is nothing special about sending e-mail with "Atlas". On the client you can use a link with the "mailto:" pseudo protocol, to fire up the default e-mail client. See mailto protocol for more information.On the server you can use the features in the Syste...

How to Send Email(Text Based Email Client)
Hi, Im now learning about sending emails,i need toknow about sending emails from textbased clients to a particular user or to another user in another system connected in LAN. -- subscribeid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SMTP protocol used for sending email is very simple to program. Commands (if you don't use complex authetication and encryption) are quite simple and you can even connect to a SMTP server using tools such as telnet, netcat etc. for learning purposes. It is easy to write a mail client in C and VERY easy in...

User can send emails, but not receive emails
Hello, maybe you can help with this one... we have an user here who is not able to receive emails, even not an email addressed to himself. Under sent items, the mails seem to be delivered. In webaccess it is the same - no new emails in the inbox. POA and MTA have been restarted several times, user has been disassociated and associated again from the GW account (just for testing) - its still the same. Restarted also DNS / DHCP Server to try everything.. There are no error messages, or such. Its the only affected user, everything else works fine for everyone. User also t...

can we default bcc to user B whenever user A sends emails out
can we default bcc to user B whenever user A sends emails out Andy Wong wrote: > can we default bcc to user B whenever user A sends emails out Not sure if this would work, but you could try it. Create a rule in User A's mailbox that says when a new item is sent, item type mail, forward the item to User A (you can't create a mail with only a BC or CC) and BC it to User B. But this would only work if every mail must be BC'ed to the same person. If you need different mails BC'ed to different people then I don't believe there's a way. -- Joe...

Sending email from a web form
Hi, I have created a "forgotten password?" facility on my web application and would like to send users their passwords when they submit their email address: I am using asp.net(vb), using vs.net and sql server. However the code that I have written to send this email has errors and I dont know how to resolve it. Please help!!! I keep getting an error : Public member 'ExecuteScalar' on type 'Boolean' not found. I am new to asp.net and do not fully understand this error. Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ...