How to javascript function from C# function ?

i have a popup function in the javascript. when ever i call it from HTML controls's onClick event it is working well. but when ever i write

Response.Write("<script>");
Response.Write("PopupPicker(215,200);");
Response.Write("</script>");

 in c# method it doesn't work any thing.

my javascript function is as follow:

<script language="javascript">
function PopupPicker(w,h)
    {
        var PopupWindow=null,settings;
        settings='width='+ w + ',height='+ h + ',location=no,directories=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,dependent=no';

        PopupWindow=window.open('Ticket.aspx',null,settings);

        PopupWindow.focus();
    }

</script>
 plz tell me how to solve...
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you

Jasim Akhtar
New Delhi ( INDIA )
0
miazaidi

That is because Response.Write is probably putting it outside of the HTML tags.  Take a look at the JavaScript source code.  Try this
Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(typeof({put your page object here}), "PopupPickerLoad", "PopupPicker(215,200);", true);

View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

calling a javascript function from a c# function
Hi,I'm using asp.net, c# framwork 1.1 and some javascript.I have a table in which there are 3 cells.In each cell there is a control.In the first cell the control ID is DropDownList1 and the items are Item1, Item2 and Item3.In the second cell, the control ID is TextBox2.In the third cell, the control ID is TextBox3.What i am trying to do is :If DropDownList1 selected value equal Item1   then hide the second AND the third cells.If DropDownList1 selected value equal Item2   then show the second cell AND hide the third cell.If DropDownL...

calling c# function in javascript function
I'm trying to call a c# function in my javascript function that I use as a buttons OnClientClick. The c# function simply changes some session variable values. The problem I'm having is that everytime my page posts back the c# function that is called within my javascript function is executing, and the only time it should execute is when the button is pressed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but heres my code: <script type="text/javascript"> function Go() { <%SetDefault(); %> window.open('https://portal.cityofmoorhead.com/timecard/timecard.aspx','mywindow4','scrollbars=yes,l...

Call c# function from javascript function

Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.here is the codefunction MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sT...

Double Clicking Button creates Javascript function, not C# function
I am trying to double click on some buttons in order to create an onclick action to be taken.  Instead of going to C# as I would expect, a function is created in the aspx page in javascript.  They are not html buttons, I have already checked that.  How can I get the double click to go to C# and not javascript? ...

having trouble with JavaScript function in web form...
I am having trouble getting a JavaScript function to work in some ASP pages. I am working off the example given at http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030528.htmThe main page of the site I am building has a frameset that includes two frames. The left frame has a treeview control on it, and I want to update the right frame, based on the selections made in the left frame's treeview.The code for my main (index.htm) page is as follows. 1 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 2 <html xmlns="http://...

Calling web function from C# form
I have a windows form which constains a web control among other things. I need to be able to run a function on the web control when an event in the c# form is triggered.Does anyone know how to call a webpage function from a c# class? Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks ...

Function functionality ?
Hello, I have a Function : create Function F1 ........ as update T1 set col1=col1+1; commit; return col1; end; Lets say col1 value before the func. is called is 100. Now, if user1 executes this function and user2 also executes the same function, at the same time. 1) What value is returned for user1 and user2. Would that update stt. locks the table, and allows only 1 user to access it? 2) My requiemnent is that the 2 users should get different values from the function. thanks for your help -Sravan Sravan wrote... > Hello, > I have a F...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

how can i run javascript function in a web form
hi how can i run a java script function in a web form and show a message box thanks bye <Script language="Javascript"> window.alert("Hi"); </script> i want to run this function in the server side please guide me What's going to trigger the server-side portion of the messagebox? Also, it's a little confusing what you mean by messagebox in terms of server-side... if you want to show the message resulting from a Button_Click that's handled server side, try the following : Response.Write("<Script language=\"Javascr...

Call JavaScript functions from C# web service
I have a lot of functions in server side javascript that I would like to expose to C# clients. What would be the best option ? Is it possible to expose these Javascript functions as web service calls using VS. Net? Take a look at JScript .NET. It might give you the functionality that you're looking for. Bruce Johnson [.NET MVP]http://www.objectsharp.com/blogs/Bruce Hi Bruce, Thanks for your reply. Can JavaScript be easily ported to JScript. Net? Is there no direct way for C# to be able to call JavaScript functions? Thanks, Amit JScript .NET has a "compatibility mode&quo...

want to call a function of c#.net from javascript
hi everyone. i want to call a function of c#.net from javascript. and i also want to pass an argument from javascript to  that function. can anyone help me? thanks in advance. shweta  ThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path Can you be more precise about the effect you're trying to achieve?  Explain you requirements , what you want to achieve be thisIf this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Cheers,Muhammad Rizwan JavedSr .Net DeveloperAim 168, Dubai, UAE. Hi Try this, U'r Codeb...

calling a javascript OR C#.net function from XSLT file
Hi, Is there a possiblilty of calling a javascript function, from within xslt file.  For example something like this:- <xsl: if test="projectfile [.!=' ']"><a class = "links"><xsl:attribute name="href"> helloworld:</xsl: attribute> BrowseFiles</br></a><xsl:if> Where in the above code "helloworld" is the name of the java script function, that displays a text message. Please, tell if this is possible to do so, or refre me to a good resource. Thanks,   Hi srinivasc_it, It seems as if you...

Web resources about - How to javascript function from C# function ? - asp.net.web-forms

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...