How to exclude button from tab order?

Hi there,

I am trying to exclude the logout button on my web page from tab order. I have tried whatever I knew (setting Tabindex=-1, 0, 1) but it doesn't seem to work. I also tried to use TabStop property but it is not available for my controls.

At present, all the controls on web page have tabindex = 0.

Please help,

bullpit

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit

I set the Tabindex to -1 on a button and tabbing skips over it.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
3/16/2007 8:40:00 PM
It doesn't do that in my case Sad
Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
3/16/2007 8:53:34 PM

1)  Is it a regular <asp:Button…> ?

2) You’re not confusing focus with what happens when you hit the enter key are you?  If a button’s UseSubmitBehavior is True, hitting the enter key will trigger it even if it doesn’t have focus.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
3/17/2007 12:24:40 AM

Yes, I am using a regular asp.net button as a Logout button. UsesSubmitBehavior = false did solve the focus problem but the problem is I have two event-handlers attached to this button. One with OnClientClick event that takes care of scripts at client side and the other OnClick event that does the actual signing out on the server side. What I have in OnClientClick is a script that returns true when "Ok" is clicked from the JavaScript confirm messagebox and false if "Cancel" is clicked.

The problem is when used with UsesSubmitBehavior= false, the server side event handler does not execute and thus no signing-out occurs.

What should I do in this scenario?

Thanks

bullpit

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
3/19/2007 11:59:02 AM

I solved the problem.

What I had earlier: OnClientClick="return fadeOnLogout();" => return before server side code can execute, so OnClick rendered useless

What I have now: OnClientClick="if(!fadeOnLogout()) return;" => OnClick event fired

bullpit

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

An OnClick event doesn't fire up when a button is clicked in a Tab Panel in a Tab Container in an AJAX Web Form
Hello Post: I would like to enclose the following code so you can analize what is going on: "> " style="vertical-align:top;"> "> "> ...

Tab Order not working on my web forms
Hi there My Tab Order on my asp.net web forms are not working, I have the Tabindex setup on all the text boxes. Some how when I tab it jumps to a hyperlink and then when I tab again thats when it works. Please help set the hyperlink index to 0, or to a higher number. ~ Knute~ Mike Can you explain what you mean? My taborder is also jumping to the addressbar of the browser sometimes and I cannot get rid of it. ...

.NET 1.1 Web Form
I am scratching my head trying to figure out why my events button (Lighting Bolt) is not displaying when I select buttons in Visual Studio 2003.  Has anybody had this happen before? I am tired into Visual Source Safe and wonder if that has anything to do with it?Moojjoo Õ¿Õ http://www.mmwebs.comhttp://moojjoo.blogspot.com/ Ummm>>>   That is the difference between C# and VB.NET.  VB.NET does not display the Lightning Bolt under properties in VS 2003.Moojjoo Õ¿Õ http://www.mmwebs.comhttp://moojjoo.blogspot.com/...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Want to exclude specific forms from authentication (forms) in web.config
My authentication in web.config file is like the following: <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms name="login" loginUrl="Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="60" /> </authentication> There is a link to create a new user account. Anonymous user doesn't have valid user name and password. So without giving user name and password he needs to go to new user account page. But this is not working for forms authetication. Every request without name and password is going to Login page. I need "forms aut...

Trouble accessing dw within a tab form from button on main form.
Hi: This has to be something fairly simple but I am having some trouble invoking datawindow methods from a button click. The datawindow is hidden I guess, because it is NULL. Here's what I am trying to do: I have a main form "M", within that lies a tab control "T", with two tab pages "T1" and "T2". "T2" has a datwindow on it, "dw1". I want a button on form "M" to invoke the dw1->ScrollNextRow() method, but I get an access violation. "M" has the controls public box checked, but the tab form &...

Trouble accessing dw within a tab form from button on main form.
Hi: This has to be something fairly simple but I am having some trouble invoking datawindow methods from a button click. The datawindow is hidden I guess, because it is NULL. Here's what I am trying to do: I have a main form "M", within that lies a tab control "T", with two tab pages "T1" and "T2". "T2" has a datwindow on it, "dw1". I want a button on form "M" to invoke the dw1->ScrollNextRow() method, but I get an access violation. "M" has the controls public box checked, but the tab form &...

ASPX Web Form window jumps when link button or button is clicked
Dear, i m senthil, and i m new to asp.net I m using asp.net with vb, my problem is, i m creating a forum, in all web pages while clicking any link button or command button the webpage jumps and the focus is going to some other controls. I want the page not to get jumped... Pls help in this regard. set the MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback property of your page to true. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.page.maintainscrollpositiononpostback.aspxMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.co...

Web resources about - How to exclude button from tab order? - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Power Editor Users Can Now Exclude Locations For Targeted Ads
Facebook is now allowing brands using its Power Editor to exclude locations when setting up ad targeting . continued… New Career Opportunities ...

Search Twitter - SecretsCity exclude:nativeretweets
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh paulwbarber ...

Is there a version of Google that excludes backlinks as a ranking factor? - YouTube
Hi Matt, does the big G have a version of the search engine that totally excludes any backlink relevance? I'm wondering what search would look ...

Dubai dog show to exclude banned dogs
Decision comes after toy poodle Pluto was attacked and killed by an American Staffordshire terrier.

Call to curb 'junk' insurance policies that exclude private hospitals
John Grech&nbsp;had been paying health insurance premiums for 20 years when his GP told him he needed to be assessed for surgery.

ACT Book of the Year award changed to exclude regional entries
Canberrans have long claimed the region's authors and artists, but when it comes to cash prizes, how far out of town is too far?

Inclusionary zoning policies can exclude poorer residents from high-end apartments
Planning Minister Richard Wynne says new luxury apartment buildings will not have to accommodate poorer residents, but instead developers could ...

Support groups 'exclude' men with breast cancer
Male breast cancer sufferer says campaign networks have become an industry for women.

Foreign Kidman and Co bids likely to exclude Anna Creek station and include Australian investors
The unsuccessful foreign bidders for the Kidman and Co landholding are working on new bids with Australian investors, the ABC understands.

Most Canadians say Trudeau wrong to exclude anti-abortion candidates: poll
Seven in 10 Canadians believe Justin Trudeau is wrong to exclude candidates from running for the Liberals based on their abortion views, but ...