How to Create Split Function on ASP.NET(VisualStudio.NET)..?

Hi.

I want to split this ISD-123456872252 number to 5 TextBox...?  How..?
0
lord

Which bits do you want to split?

There are tons of string manipulation features in .NET - look into Substring, compare, IndexOf etc.

Cheers - Damian Barrow
0
Mr
10/6/2005 7:47:41 AM

I  want to split ISD-34535435435355 become 32133-34434-43243-4333-32433

so each split I want to apear at 5 text box...before that number bocome a split number

thanks

0
lord
10/6/2005 10:04:06 AM
I'm sorry but i can't understand what you are after.
How can you turn ISD-34535435435355 into 32133-34434-43243-4333-32433? They're not even the same length.

You could turn 321333443443243433332433 into 32133-34434-43243-4333-32433 by inserting characters at the required position, splitting the whoel thing into an inmemory array and then allocating the values to the text boxes.

eg

Dim isdStr As String = "ISD-3213334434432434333324332"
' strip off the ISD-
isdStr = isdStr.Replace("ISD-", "")
Dim TxtBox1Text As String = isdStr.Substring(0, 5)
Dim TxtBox2Text As String = isdStr.Substring(5, 5)
Dim TxtBox3Text As String = isdStr.Substring(10, 5)
Dim TxtBox4Text As String = isdStr.Substring(15, 5)
Dim TxtBox5Text As String = isdStr.Substring(20, 5)

You'd have to do some error catching but its one way.

Cheers - Damian Barrow
0
Mr
10/6/2005 12:39:35 PM
 lord wrote:

I  want to split ISD-34535435435355 become 32133-34434-43243-4333-32433

I don't understand what your logic is behind this. How do you get 32133-34434-43243-4333-32433 out of 34535435435355? They are different lengths, and they don't even contain the same numbers.

smtraber

Victory is mine!!
0
smtraber
10/6/2005 10:54:32 PM

Function MakeISD(originalString as String) as String

Return "32133-34434-43243-4333-32433"

End Function

MakeISD("ISD-34535435435355")

Cheers - Damian Barrow
0
Mr
10/7/2005 7:10:19 AM
And you get the extra functionality that it will turn:

MakeISD("I'm not sure what I want.")

Into the same answer too! Smile [:)]

Cheers,
Wim

Wim Hollebrandse
---
http://www.zealandit.com
0
WimH

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

creating table in .net (UltraLite.NET)
Hi, Could anyone send me a sample code of how to use a create table query in the ultralite.net api. when I try to do this I get the following error: "A schema upgrade is not currently allowed". I suppose it has something to do with the schemaUpgradeData\listener classes, but I couldn't work it out. I'm using Schema Painter version 9.0.1, build 1751 Thanks According to the online help, this error is caused because something is in use in the database. Try closing all of your cursors/etc. and finishing your current transaction before doing the schema upgrade. ...

Web resources about - How to Create Split Function on ASP.NET(VisualStudio.NET)..? - asp.net.web-forms

VisualStudio Cordova (@VSCordovaTools) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Visual Studio - YouTube
... We'll be sharing useful and insightful videos around ALM, developers, and tutorials. Follow our social channels: http://www.facebook.com/vi ...

Diff File made easy with VisualStudio 11
In my previous post I’ve been critic on the Visual Studio 11 Beta greyed UI (and especially greyed icons!!). Let’s be positive, and frankly it ...

tfsdeleteproject.exe on VisualStudio.com
... in the last few days and had to look it up each time, I will record it here for posterity. Need to delete a Team Project you created on VisualStudio.com? ...

VisualStudio Engadget
Back to Mobile View Engadget for Windows Phone 7 - get the app now! AOL MAIL Engadget Classic Mobile HD ALT ENGADGET U.S. ESPAGÑOL ???? ???? ...

Followers · VisualStudio · Storify
Create stories using social media. Turn what people post on social media into compelling stories. Collect the best photos, video, tweets and ...

Is SAP Business ByDesign affordable and would you choose it anyway?
SAP has a reputation for being expensive. Even at $149/user/month for a minimum of 25 users Business ByDesign still weighs in at $44,700 per ...

Big Boy and Big Girl Coding
I read “Microsoft’s Top Developers Prefer Old-Schoool Coding Methods” and compared that information with my Google research. I won’t bore you ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

Blogs - Critical Thought Games
Not everything goes as planned, but I like to fix bugs fast. Especially bad ones. The WP7 version of geoDefense has a bad bug in it which causes ...