How to create custom properties for aspx page which should refelect in design time properties window itself.( as like as custom server control).

Hi.

I need to create the custom properties for aspx page itself where those custom properties should refelet in the properties window at the design time as like as other custom server controls. I tried pageBase class which will have cusom properties for page and inherited that pageBase to my aspx page . But its refelecting the code  behind file not in design time. I need to accss those aspx page custom properties at the design time itself in properties window as like as other custom server control.I appriciate your help. [FYI: my scenerio is customer going to desing the page at the run time, so I need to give aspx page template with custom properties. I am using VS 2008 Shell for runtime designing ]

Thank you.

Raghu

0
sragupathi

I dont think you can do this.. Custom Control is a compiled control, thats why it can reflect its properties at design time, when addedd to a page. But with aspx page its not possible, because its not compiled during the design...

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar

How to create custom controls and how to change the properties of those at the design time like webcontrols
Hai to all,             I am very new to this profession .I has to create custom control and also has to create one separate toolbox and has to place that custom control in that toolbox in .net. I don't know how to create both. I searched for creating custom control but every were i am getting code in c# but i don't know c#. so please any body  help me to how to create a button as custom control and i need to change the text and some properties of that button at the design time where i am using that custom control. I am using c...

Design-time problem with TableStyle property of custom control
Hi all,I've been writing custom menu control (inherited from HierarchicalDataBoundControl). Everything (both run-time and design-time) worked just fine, until I added new property like this:         private TableStyle tableStyle;        [Category("Styles")]        [PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)]        [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)]        public virtual TableStyle Tabl...

Custom web server control: Page property is null
I made a simple custom web server control. Its code looks like this:  using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Web.UI; namespace CustomControl { public class CustomServerControl : Control { public override Page Page { get { return base.Page; } set { base.Page = value; } } } }   The control is available in the toolbox and I dragged it onto my web form. My web form looks like this...

Create 'Selectable Property' in VS Property Pane for Custom Web Control
 I'm creating a custom web control and would like some of the properties to be contained in a DropDownList.  Just like if you use a boolean property, there is a "True/False" DropDownList in the properties.  Does that make sense?  Can someone point me in the right direction?"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak"~David O. McKay  Place something like this on your server control page.  I don't have a CS Example for you. Change the names to your requirements <Bindable(True)> _ <Category("Field")> _ <...

How do I make a Custom Property in my Custom Control into a Bindable Property
I've got a custom control in ASP.NET 2.0.  I want to bind one of its properties to data, but even though I specify the [ Bindable(true) ], before the property, the only property that shows up in the Data Bindings dialog is "visible". This is my code for the Custom Control:public partial class Offers_SearchTemplates_OfferSearchButton : System.Web.UI.UserControl{[Bindable(true)]public virtual string OfferUID{get{object objTitle = ViewState["OfferUID"];if (objTitle == null)return string.Empty;return (string)objTitle;}set{ViewState["OfferUID"] = value;...

Custom controls with properties exposed in Dropdown or like Microsoft control properties
I need to create a custom control. For this control I want to expose some properties which I want to set from a XML/ from a Enum class. I want user to select the appropriate property from the dropdown to configure the control. (i.e. like we set AllowSorting property for Gridview and user can select just true or false from drop down)  So could anybody please help me finding a sample for such custom control? Hi There, Below is a simplae example of custom control which allow you to pick property via enum and booleancontrol: public partial class Sample_Control_WebUserControl2 : ...

custom property style for a custom server control
Can I add a proerty for style on my asp .net custom server control, seems to be one for everything else. Or do you have to go do one style at a time: backgroundColor, Font, etc....

adding custom properties to a custom server control
1.  I want to add a public property to a custom server control.  the property is called Search Type and the possible choices that will appear in the properties window from the asp.net page would be client, provider, vendor and service.  I want this property to function much like the border style property works for an asp.net button. 2.  My second question would be how do I add a section to the properties window?  What i mean is for this custom server control, i want to add a section called Search Features much like the appearance or behavior sections for an asp.net ...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

Custom Server Control Design Time Property Shows "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The property "ReferenceValue" from my code below keeps showing an error in the properties window as above. The control however functions perfectly otherwise. 1 Imports System 2 Imports System.Web 3 Imports System.Web.UI 4 Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls 5 Imports Capr.Web.UI.ControlInterfaces 6 7 8 Namespace Controls 9 10 Public Class WMSTextBox 11 Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox 12 Implements ICaprBaseControl 13 14 Public Sub New() 15 End Sub 16 17 Public P...

Design-time persistence of child control properties within custom control
(using asp.net 1.1) I have created a dll web custom control. It contains child server controls, such as dropdownlist and textbox. For each child server control I have added a property in the custom control class which exposes the child control itself with all its properties. For instance, I have a dropdown property in the custom control class which 'gets' the child control dropdownlist(set is unnecessary because once I have 'gotten' the control I can set its properties) and thus exposes the child control and all its properties in the designer properties window of the ap...

web custom control properties
I have this Image button control that I render.  I made a property for the image source file that comes up in the properties menu of the visual designer.I'm trying to get that little icon to appear that lets the user navigate to the image file source.  You must use the Editor annotation.[Editor(typeof(System.Drawing.Design.ImageEditor), typeof(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor))]public string ImageUrl{    get{...}    set{...} } Make sure to add reference to System.Drawing and System.Drawing.Design I need to do it vb, forgot to mention it....

simple way to create a custom control (like Panel) that you can drag and drop other controls into at design time
Hi , I need to create one custom control like panel, for containing some other controls into at design time. I tried with panel custom control but I am not able to add other server controls to that custom panel control at design time. Could anyone please help me out.  Thanks Raghu Hi, You need to override CreateChildControls function. Inside the function something like this: TextBox T = new TextBox(); this.Controls.add(T); Bye.Wamba {WamBlog}Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your t...

Web resources about - How to create custom properties for aspx page which should refelect in design time properties window itself.( as like as custom server control). - asp.net.web-forms

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Sydney gateway: Rail line to be moved, properties affected under plan to link WestConnex to airport
A key rail line linking Sydney's west with Port Botany will need to be shifted under tentative plans to build separate motorways to Sydney Airport. ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...