How to access Client Side control in server side button click event?

Hi all,

I need to access client side control from server side code. For an example

<form id="form1" runat="server">

</form>

I need to access the textBoxUsername in the server side button click event.

How to do that?

Thanks

R. Eswaran.

0
Eswaran_MCA

 Make sure you provide a name for your input box:

 <input type="text" id="textBoxUserName'"  name="mytext" />

then in your code behind,

 Request("mytext")

Please make sure to mark as asnwer if this solution works for you.

NAbeel
--*Please mark as answer if you find this post helpful*--
0
nabeelsage

Hi All,I struck up with some intrested senario at my application development...hope some body will guide me or sends me some code snippets....Thanks in advance.Senario is like this.....in A.aspx (using C# .net 2.0 as code behind) I am going to have a array variable basically it is an TWO Dimensional array after populating the values in array I need to redirect/ reload another web form B.aspx, here i need to access the array in B.aspx client side JavaScript.How can I do this...Thanks AgainRaju Dont do a redirect but use server.transfer. That way the previous page will still hold its value, including your array. Next, have B.aspx create a javasript code and load it dynamicly based upon the array. You can easily create javascript code in the codebehind c#, then load the javascript :)    you can store the array in the context, then do a server.transfer and you can retrieve the array from the next page from the contextThe real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes...

ISSUE WITH Control's behaviour inisde UPDATE PANEL
 hii evry1..,             i have an strange issue...here..plzz chk it out..                      aspx page:            < asp:UpdatePanel ID="OUpdatePanel" runat="server" >                <ContentTemplate>             &nbs...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Accessing server-side variables from client-side events
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In a client-side itemchanged function, how can I set a server-side = variable?? I simply need to execute the following: psSession.SetValue("userID", user_id); I'm sure there's a way to trigger server-side script and pass in = variables. Any suggestions?? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C04D70.7EAC7080 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" ...

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

Calling server side sub from client side button click
Hi, I have some javascript in my asp.net page, and a function within that, which is run when the client side form is submitted. What I need is for that function to run, which updates a server side variable, then following that a server side sub should run, using that (newly updated) variable. I have currently set it up with the  onsubmit= tag of the client side form running the first (JavaScript) function, and then the submit button at the bottom of the client side form calling the server side sub with its onClick property. The (probably quite daft!) thinking behind that was that the on...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formname. but you must have dom compliant browser like IE. i use a wrapper function to get objects in my clientside scripting... something like... //////////////////////////////////////////////// // find an element and return object for it function getRef(id) { try { return document.getElementById(id); } catch (error) { var sAlert = 'ERROR: fnc {getRef} return the following error: \n '; sAlert += '[ ' + error.number + '] - ' + error.description; alert(sAlert); } } a little bit over the top but saves a lot of typing... J...

Client Side HTML Radio Buttons not Posting with Server Side Form
I have a server side form that is posting when an HTML client side button is clicked.  However, the value of my html client side radio button is null when I call Request.Form("htmlradiobuttonlist") on the resulting page.  Does anyone know why the form won't the post the value?  Please help!  Thanks in advance.I'm still using dot net 1.1.  I can use server side buttons or server side radio buttons.  I can explain why if necessary.Below, you can see the HTML radio buttons in the datalist.  The JS function works, but is omitted from below.<form id="form1" a...

Call server-side page function from client-side button click
I have an existing ASP application that I am migrating to ASP.net. In the ASP app I was using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP on a the client-side of a ASP page to retrieve data from another asp page using the Microsoft.XMLDOM object. The client page passes 3 tags columns, table and Criteria. The receiving page builds the SQL statement executes the query and returns the row with all the column data. I am trying to convert it over to ASP.NET and I am getting errors on the xmlDOM.Load(Request.InputStream) on DLookup.aspx, the code is listed below. Someone suggested to use System.Net HTTP classes su...

what client-side and server-side events are fired when button X is hit?
Folks,In a web aspx page, I use a client-side (javascript) button named "Cancel" so when users hit it, if the data they enter is not saved yet, then this client-side button prompts users to save data before the page is closed. I code this client-side button with event "onclick" and thing like <input type=button ... onclick="btnCancelClick();" >   My question is if users hit the right top corner button X (next to the maximize and minimize buttons also on the top right corner of the aspx web window page), then what client-side (javascript) and serv...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

server side controls in a non-server side form
I want to use server side controls in a non-server side form.I use server side controls (like dropdownlists) so I can fill them with the right options from the database.My question is, what is the best way to approach this?CAN I use server-side controls in a client side form? If so, how can I get the values contained in the controls when I do a post? (not in a querystring).Here's a sample of my code: <form id="frmAdvancedSearch" method="post" action="advancedSearch.aspx"> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <input type="submit" /> </form>please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already....

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

firing server side button click from client event
Hi, Is it possible to fire button_click (server side event ) from client side event like page_load etc. Why I need this because I am doing post back on a page and showing some auditing data  to the user. Once the user clicks on the back button (on browser) it says page has expired. Is there any way of avoiding page expiration. It says cannot submit the information. need to refresh etc. Is there any way that when user goes back I fire that submit event myself from client side onload event. Or will it still show page has expired before even my client side onloa...

Client Side validation of Calendar control prior to server side selectionchanged event code
Hello, Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this will be greatly appreciated. I have a Calendar control with the validation constraint(can't enter appointments on Holidays or on Thursdays). To create a smoother experience, I'd like for this to be done client side. The dillema is how can I intercept or precede the <asp:calendar> controls selectionchanged event from firing and run my client javascript; passing it to the server if validation succeeds for more intensive processing and database activity. The clientside javascript will need the selected date to determine if its a valid date. Thanks again, David S....

executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button
how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net. You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.NC... what if i want to update a database and then open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?...

Help with client side events Vs. server side events
Hi, Can someone look as the following script and tell me why marking the check box doesn't generate a client side event eventhough there's: onclick="checkClick()"? marked.  Thanks in advance, Sivan <%@ Page Language="c#" %><HTML> <HEAD>  <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"> </HEAD> <body>  <SCRIPT language="c#" runat="Server">  void Page_Load(object s, EventArgs e) {  if (!Page.IsPostBack)  {   Label1.Text = Label...

client side click handler / server-side command event doesn't fire
I am rewriting an old control of mine to be more AJAX-friendly. It is a subclass of Button that disables itself when clicked, so that the user can't, say, double post a credit card payment. I have some javascript code for the prototype including this: _onClick : function(e) { if(this.get_element() && !this.get_element().disabled && this._DisableAfterClick == true) { this.get_element().disabled = true; if (this._DisabledText != null && this._DisabledText.length > 0) { this.get_element().value = this._DisabledText; } } //this.get_element().form.submit(); } In its current state, the button gets disabled but no postback occurs. If I uncomment the line, then, the form posts, but not the "OnCommand" postback from my button. I have tried various other iterations of __doPostBack, PageRequestManager.getInstance()._doPostBack, etc. but nothing seems to result in the command event firing. If I take out the $addhandler line of the js file that hooks up the click event, the Command event works fine but obviously the button doesn't get disabled. What am I missing here? The old non-AJAX friendly code simply added the following JS to onclick and worked fine: "document.getElementsByName('" + oneClickButtonName + "').item(0).setAttribute('name'," +      "this.getAttribute('name')); this.disabled = true; " +      (DisabledText == String.Empty ? String.Empty : "this.value = '" + DisabledText + ...

Storing the checked Htmlimputcheckbox values on client side and passing to server side on submit button clicked
Hi All  I've got these bunch of HtmlInputcheckboxes that i'm creating dynamically using div.innerhtml on server side and putting it in a <TD> block, calculate averages etc. Things are working fine until this point. Now i need to get all the checked checkboxes and their values(which are dates in my case) and pass these values back to server side for processing on the submit button click. But i'm using a pagefooter submit button to fire my submit button so i cannot directly pass these values to my submit button onclick method. I tried to use the findcontrol method ...

Running button click server side event before loading user controls
Hi all,i have such a problem: i have a user control and a grid in my webform. The user control gets and shows something from the db by looking at a session variable. and the grid is creating the session. User is selecting a row and the session variable is created with the id of the selected row. After a row is selected i want to show its info in the user control by using the created session var but since the user control is loaded before by button click event it doesnt work the way i want it. I am makking a selection in the grid and nothing shows in user control, then i m making another sele...

Web resources about - How to access Client Side control in server side button click event? - asp.net.web-forms

Islamic State uses birth control to maintain supply of sex slaves
Modern methods allow the Islamic State to keep up its systematic rape of captives under medieval codes.

Islamic State uses birth control to maintain supply of sex slaves
Modern methods allow the Islamic State to keep up its systematic rape of captives under medieval codes.

Islamic State using birth control to keep supply of sex slaves
Islamic State using birth control to keep supply of sex slaves - NY Times swissinfo.ch WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Islamic State is using several ...

Yet another “critical” Flash vulnerability allows an attacker to take control of your Mac – fix available ...
Adobe has announced the latest in a long line of “critical” Flash vulnerabilities , allowing an attacker to take control of your Mac. The same ...

Dam you! Justice Dept. to indict Iranians for probing flood control network
The gate to the Bowman Avenue Dam facility in Rye Brook, NY is locked, but the cellular modem used for its controls wasn't. (credit: Google) ...

DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS OF GUN CONTROL: Fraud, Theatrics, and Murder in Obama's Adopted Hometown
By Institute for Legislative Action President Obama’s hometown of Chicago has been controlled by his political party since at least 1931. The ...

LIES, BOOZE, AND BILLIONS: How one of the fastest-growing startups in Silicon Valley history raised $580 ...
... disagreements the two men would have over how to run Zenefits in the next year. A year later, by this February, Zenefits had spun out of control ...

'Creative Control' is a cautionary tale about getting too personal with tech
The film explores how tech has taken over our lives by dropping us into a world where devices are see-through and everyday augmented reality ...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD nearly had Wiimote controls
... Tantalus, an Australian developer (who also ported Mass Effect 3 to Wii U), to handle the port. The team also considered using Wiimote controls, ...