how many web.config file you can have in your web application

how many web.config file you can have in your web application

maxmax

thnk you

0
maxmax

(per directory, as mentioned below)

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
2/21/2008 3:35:02 PM

thank u

0
maxmax
2/21/2008 3:46:35 PM

Not 1 per directory?  I've set up security on a folder using a web.config in that folder that was seperate from the rest of the site.

0
Mortikhi
2/21/2008 3:55:24 PM

1 per directory.

0
xr280xr

one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?
hi to all In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines. by Devan.G Hi,You can't add multiple web.config to applicationYou can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your applicationYou can override the web.config files using multiple config files.SatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s Hi, You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Mult...

web web web

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

web.config file of root directoy interferes with the sub-application web.config.
Hello! I encountered a problems when I added new sub-application to my application,  with its own web.config, When I try to open page www.mypage.com/subapplication/ It reads the web.config of www.mypage.com and throws an exception (I think it tries to loadsome dlls from root-bin directory (exactly ATLAS files..)  <add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptModule"/> - exception on this line ) But why it reads the web.config of root dir? What can I do to solve that problem? Thank you.Artashes This is the expected behavior. web.config are inher...

Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application
 Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application  please help me? Friend, Web.config has its own advantages. 1) Web.Config is used to store the important information like connections strings etc...so that it can be modified even after the code has been    deployed to the server without compiling the entire application again. 2) Since it is a XML file, there is no need of building the project of you are going to change the connection strings.   If you go for the class files,...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Can we develope a web application without web.config?
Can we develope asp.net appliation without the web.config file or its mandatory for hte web applications?CheersRam MCP No. You don't need a Web.config file.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question Try this scenerioIf i have develop  a web application using vs 2003 and  i delete the web.config, will it work now Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Ganesh,Even if you delete the Web.config file, the project will compile and you can run the app via the browser (like: localhost/WebApp1/WebF...

How to use 2 web.config file in a single web application
Hello Guyz,In my web application I'm trying to use a Blog and for that I'm using the free version of community server. The blog itself runs fine. But I'm trying to use it as a subdomain of my original application.The blog itself has its own web.config file as my application does and for that it's throws the following  errorParser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. It'...

Help with web.config file to run web part application
 Hi,      I practiced a web part app.Do I need to configure any setting in web.config file to run my web part app.? or default web.config enough.i read the following articles:  http://www.u2u.net/Res/Article.aspx?ART=ASPNET20WebPartsWalkThrough http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/IntroToWeb_Parts.aspx   and in my app. i didnt configure initially.My page doesnt work.after that i watched the above articles web.config file.Then I Configured web.config file as mentioned in U2U Project web.config which i downloaded their free source code.Then ...

Web Deployment Project outputs too many files from Web Application Project
Hi everyone, I just downloaded and installed the final releases of the Web Deployment Project and Web Application Project. I created a simple Web Application Project, and then a Web Deployment Project for that web app. When I click Build on the Web Deployment Project context menu, the build succeeds, but in the target folder, I find more files than are necessary. Included are the vbproj, "My Project" folder, "obj" folder, and the files within those folders. This may be naive, but I was expecting the same results as right-clicking the Web App project and choosing Publish; just with the add...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Web parts and web.config file
I am experimenting with AJAX by creating a new website in VS 2008 but using the SQL 2005 Dev Edition database that I use for a production ASP.NET 2.0 web app. OK until I tried using web parts - when I got a SQL Error which is because the app  is looking for a SQL express database in the app_data folder - because web parts uses personalization. OK, my existing SQL 2005 database has the aspnet... tables in it and the production app uses membership, etc. So I am assuming that the problem is in the web.config file - where you have to specify custom data sources for different services(member...

Web resources about - how many web.config file you can have in your web application - asp.net.web-forms

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...