How do i embed one web page into my asp.net 2.0 web page?

hi,

i have a web page that i want to display a calculator in. the company that generates the calculator let's people who purchase their service use a link that they provide that will embed their calculator into the clients website. i cant figure out how to have the calculator page i purchased show up in my webpage by embeding the link they gave me.

i dont have any documentation from this company on how to do this. i dont want to use frames. should i be using a user control to make this happen, or do you know of a better way to make this happen? i have searched around the forums and the web, and i cant find an example of how to embed a portion of one web page into my asp.net 2.0 web page. my goal here is to plug the calculator into my web page in a similar fashion to how content items are insterted into and displayed on a masterpage.

 i am using asp.net 2.0, vs2005, with c#. any help is greatly appreciated.

0
yogweedo

 if its a link to an external page, then you can use an iframe to display the content in your page. set the src attribute of the iframe to point to the remote page link

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev
7/16/2008 1:11:34 AM

thanks for the reply jeev,

i have read about the iframe solution. i was wondering if there are any other options that will allow me to do this server side?

0
yogweedo
7/16/2008 1:23:57 AM

 not that i know of

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

wrong in web page in<add assembly="DevExpress.Web.v7.2, Version=7.2.3.0 (web.config)
ths is my website   http://www.trusted-cars.com/webadcr/ Configuration Error body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Luc...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

How to open another web page from one web page
Hi, I am writing an asp.net(C#) 2.0 web page with a link to another web page by clicking a button control on the page, so how can I link it in the codes? I cannot access another aspx page class within the current aspx page class.  Thanks If you need to re-direct the user to another page after pressing your Button, then use the Response.Write method like so: Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx")Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET 1) Response.Redirect( "Destination PageName");2) Response.Transfer("Destination PageName");3) Hyperlink(  set Url="...

how to open a web page in form of a popup web page
Hello, I have two web pages, let say. Page A : With a Button on it. PAge B: with some info. Now I need to: When I click on the Button of page A.Page B must open in a pop up window.  I can do this but problem is this when I clicked on the button for first time it does not show me any thing and when I clicked on the button for second time then It shows me Page B .My code is as follow:  1 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 if (!this.Page.IsPostBack) 4 { 5 6 } 7 else 8...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

web web web

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Web resources about - How do i embed one web page into my asp.net 2.0 web page? - asp.net.web-forms

ShortStack Allows Users To Embed Custom Facebook Apps On External Sites
Custom Facebook application developer ShortStack released an external embed feature that allows users to embed their custom Facebook apps on ...

Embed Vine videos with oEmbed - Twitter Blogs
Exchange a Vine URL for an HTML snippet using Vine’s new oEmbed endpoint.

How to Embed a Flickr Photo: Part 1 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You can embed your Flickr photos in blog posts, web pages, and some other web-based tools. The steps outlined in this photo and the next two ...

Threshold 7: Agriculture - Big History Project (Public Embed) - YouTube
When humans began farming, new, more complex ways of living were possible. Website: https://www.bighistoryproject.com/portal Facebook: https ...

Prometheus embeds Yellowfin into BI solution stack
Following a review of globally available reporting and dashboard technologies, Prometheus Information entered an independent software vendor ...

US embeds spyware deep in foreign networks, Russian security firm says
... — the code that allows it to run in the first place — and steal encrypted content. The United States has found a way to permanently embed surveillance ...

Security Watch: Cisco Embeds Security Everywhere Across the Extended Network
CSO Australia (blog) Security Watch: Cisco Embeds Security Everywhere Across the Extended Network CSO Australia (blog) Cisco has announced ...

AGENDA Metadata laws 'embed status quo'
Kieran Gilbert talks to Justice Minister Michael Keenan about the government's metadata laws.

Prince Harry: British royal to embed with SAS, NORFORCE during four-week ...
Sydney Morning Herald Prince Harry: British royal to embed with SAS, NORFORCE during four-week ... ABC Online Prince Harry will spend time ...

Virgin-Atlantic-Embed-2-567dc5961f4b59bf884eb8685c46deb4
... X 9to5Google: Beyond Good and Evil Menu Plus Android Chrome/OS Search Google Apps GoogleTV YouTube join the conversation! Virgin-Atlantic-E ...