Highlighting web form fields on validation error events (client-side)

Have anybody eventualy did that? This is a nice feature when the web form highlights it's input fields and/or lables for that fields if they are not validated (client-side). Unfortunatly, there is no such build-in functionality in ASP.NET 2.0 validation controls. But i'm quite sure that's it's possible to make on your own, what do you think?

Perhaps an additional js script shoud be added on the buttom of the page which will redefine one or more functions of original js code.

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions?

My LinkedIn Profile - ASP.NET C# Ninja | My News Feeds
0
koistya

Turned out that it's quite simple. All you need is just redefine ValidatorUpdateDisplay() JavaScript function and add to it the custom stuff you need. Just in case you're interested.

My LinkedIn Profile - ASP.NET C# Ninja | My News Feeds
0
koistya

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - Highlighting web form fields on validation error events (client-side) - asp.net.web-forms

File:Map of Oklahoma highlighting Oklahoma County.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

RBA's subtle highlighting of capital gains tax, not negative gearing, over housing
There's a subtle difference between the RBA's submission to a government housing inquiry and the opening statement by its head of financial stability, ...

Apple highlighting Accessibility apps to celebrate anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act
... Store , Apple , iOS , iPhone For more news on Apple , Apps , and iPhone continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple highlighting ...

Highlighting The Scope Of Legal Issues That Can Arise In A Media Company’s Digital Operations
What legal issues should a broadcaster be concerned about when expanding its use of digital media?

Spotify Launches ‘Year in Music’ Highlighting 2015 Listening Habits
... In addition, the site allows users to create a Year in Music card for their stats, which can be shared on social media. Outside of highlighting ...

Highlighting 5 Possible Last-Minute Impact MLB Waiver Deadline Steals
There figures to be more than a few waiver trades in MLB before the August 31 cutoff date next week. Over the next few slides, we'll take a look ...

The student who lost his Facebook internship after highlighting a huge privacy flaw says it was an 'incredible ...
Harvard student Aran Khanna was due to work as an intern at Facebook this summer. However, after he highlighted a massive privacy issue in the ...

Blue-letter Bible highlighting OT passages about Jesus is top seller
A Bible with Old Testament passages relating to Jesus marked in blue is the top selling specialty Bible in North America.

Heartbreaking image of drowned toddler goes viral, highlighting severity of ...
Fox News Heartbreaking image of drowned toddler goes viral, highlighting severity of ... Fox News Sept. 2, 2015: Refugees and migrants sit ...