getting Panels to work with Response.Write()

I am using panels to with my contents with and realised that when I use Response.Write(), the <asp:panel> does not translate into <div> tags on the client side.

My test code in test.aspx are:

<asp:panel runat="server">test<br /></asp:panel>

<% Response.Write("<asp:panel ID=\"Panel1\" runat=\"server\">test<br /></asp:panel>"); %>

When it gets loaded in a browser, the source of the test.aspx page shows the following:

 test<br />

<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">test<br /></asp:panel>

I am not sure what the problem is but it seems like when I use response.write(), the panel does not get processed by the server. As I am generating these panels dynamically, I was wondering there is anyway I can use response.write() and still get it process at the server to return <div> tag or is there a work around for this problem.

0
SuperFrog

You can't do this- all controls that being with
<asp: are server controls which means they require processing on the
server, and are translated into actual html when the page is accessed
in order to be displayed in the client's browser. This means if you try
to write a server control using response.write you are skipping all the
server processing and rendering an asp tag directly to the page. This
would not produce valid html. What you would need to do is use
something like:

If you are new to web application programming, I would definitely suggest reading a few html tutorials, because although VS does a good job of abstracting the process, you ultimately need to produce valid html, so it pays to know exactly how html works.

Hope this helps.

My Blog
0
booler

Update form does not work even the Response.Write are not working
I'm working on a updating resume page and I kept getting problems where a Javascript popup should popup but it's not. A Response.Write should write the code to the browser but it's not. Any idea why this is happening and how do I resolve it. The whole codes are in here. Whereever you see the red bolded statement are where the problem lies. I tried the step by step debug mode and there is not error per say but the it just won't update the database with the latest changes. Your help is appreciated. Okay, I think I figured out the first part why it's not updating with the latest changes. Afte...

How can I get a Response.Write and Response.Redirect to work one following the other?
I have a button on my webform that needs to perform 2 operations.  First it must open a new window which I usually do like this: sJScript = "<script>window.open('Form01.aspx?ID=0&Parent=5', '', '');</script>"Response.Write(sJScript)Second it must redirect the current page (not the newly opened one).  I usually do that like this:Response.Redirect("Form02.aspx?ID=6")My problem is, in this case, I must do both with one button click and they interfere with each other.  I've tried flushing/ending the response object in various places, re ordering things, etc but n...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

getting xml web response and work with it

Response.Write() in Mobile Web Forms
Construction <% Response.Write("something"); %> doesn't work inside .aspx-page, which contains mobile web form. How can I solve this problem? i had that same problem, i have made a work around but it got moved from this forum to tips and tricks. http://forums.asp.net/thread/1624593.aspx   ...

Get response from non .net web service
I need to send xml request to web service serveras a HTTP POST requestwith content type of text/xmlthen, i need to save the content of the response which is also text/xml into .xml filehow can i do it in asp.net?please help server URL:http://text.xml.aot.com.au/xml2/ request:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><GetLocationsRequest>  <AgentID>DEMOBB</AgentID>  <Password>fatty2</Password>  <LocationType>T</LocationType>  <LocationCode>413</LocationCode></GetLocationsRequest>...

Problem getting DTS object to work on a Web form
Hi;  I would like to run a DTS package from the On click button event on a web form. I tried using code that works in a windows form. But ASP.net, VS 2005 doesn't like the code. Here are the libraries that I used with the windows form.  Imports System, Imports System.Data. Imports System.Data.SqlClient. Is there a library that I am missing ? And here are the lines of code that won't compile:  Dim oPackage As New DTS.Package2Class Dim oStep As DTS.Step Package.LoadFromSQLServer("123WXYZ\TRSQL", , , DTS.DTSSQLServerStorageFlags.DTSSQLStgFlag_UseTrustedConnection, , , ,...

Automatically fill in a web-form field-get response
Hi you all, I�d like to thank everyone that helped me with that little problem about filling in a webformfield and getting the result. I�d like to inform you, in case it comes to you... LWP::UserAgent really didn�t help me out, but www::mechanize solved all my problems, the script is up and running good! Thank you all! Diogo N Oliveira (brazilian) ...

dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5
Hi. I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected. I would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a application. But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the width of the dropdown. Stuff like size dosn't work either. I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these things. But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application us...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

Getting AJAX to work in an existing .net 2 application
Hi.  Just thought i would share this little point i've found. i followed the tutorial how to get AJAX working in a non AJAX enabled (ie exisitng) asp.net app. I couldnt get it to work for ages but through trial and error found if VS 2005 created your web.config and you have a section which looks like this:  <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>   removbe this from the web.config file and AJAX will now work!  Yes. I had the same problem with a Web Application that was migrated to 2.0 from 1.1 and then I wanted it to be Ajax.Net enabled. Ger...

Web resources about - getting Panels to work with Response.Write() - asp.net.web-forms

Wikipedia:Abuse response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of current Abuse Response volunteers, or for information on how you can help with the Abuse Response project, please see the volunteers ...

George Pell’s Melbourne Response child sexual abuse program
THE victims of child sexual abuse within the Catholic Church just want to be heard.

'God isn't fixing this': US politicians condemned for response to latest mass shooting
In the aftermath of a serious tragedy, it's good advice not to reach for cliche. Particularly when those words aren't followed by action.

Santa lookalike has perfect response to little boy in restaurant
Customers "teary-eyed" over elderly man's reaction to young boy in doughnut shop

The Murders At Planned Parenthood And The Unbelievable GOP Response
Yesterday on Morning Joe , Joseph McQuaid, the publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader, was asked why his newspaper was endorsing Chris Christie ...

Play Darth Vader with Siri and get some hilarious responses
The whole tech world is losing its mind with Star Wars mania, and Apple’s no exception. Hidden within Siri is a neat reference to George Lucas’ ...

Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings
Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings

Disaster-Response Robots Demonstrate Their Skills
This year's International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo is focused on robotic equipment for disaster relief.

Adriana Lima Shuts Down Justin Bieber Hookup Rumors With Epic Response
Adriana Lima Shuts Down Justin Bieber Hookup Rumors With Epic Response

The Latest: White House candidates clash over US terrorism response
Here's the latest news on the U.S. presidential candidates' remarks on how to respond and prevent attacks like the one that occurred last week ...