Get help from VB.NET & C# syntax convertion

Anyone can help to convert below C# code to VB.NET ASAP, thanks!

string speechServer = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["SpeechServer"];

Param param = new Param();

param.Name = "server";

param.Value = speechServer;

Prompt1.Params.Add(param);

0
pwktommy

Here's the VB.NET conversion:

Dim speechServer As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("SpeechServer")

Dim param As New Param()
param.Name = "server"
param.Value = speechServer

Prompt1.Params.Add(param)

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
1/7/2006 9:50:54 AM

Also you can use Kamal's C# to VB.NET convertor

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
1/7/2006 10:09:49 AM

Thanks for your kindly reply, but when I copy the code into the Sub Page_Load and then execute it, an error show out 'Type "Param" is not defined'.  Is there any things I should be declared before using the Param class ?  Thanks again!

Tommy

0
pwktommy
1/7/2006 12:28:00 PM

Looks like there is a namespace that you have to Import, check the dll file you did reference to ...

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

.NET Language Converters (VB, C#, C++, & J#)
New versions of our converters have just been released.  Demo editions are available at www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com: VB to C# converter Instant C#:Instant C# converts projects, folders, files, snippets, and ASP.NET pages from VB to C#. C# to VB converter Instant VB:Instant VB converts projects, folders, files, snippets, and ASP.NET pages from C# to VB. C# to C++ converter Instant C++ C# Edition:Instant C++ C# Edition converts projects, folders, files, and snippets from C# to VC++. VB to C++ converter Instant C++ VB Edition:Instant C++ VB Edition converts projects, folders, fil...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

online sites to convert C#.Net to VB.Net
what are the best sites to convert C#.Net code to VB.Net code? I have to convert .net 2005 code from one to the other. just wondering what your experiences have been. thanks much I am a big fan of developer fusion's converters. I think they work reasonably well. They are quick and get the job done, and it is quick and easy to go either way. VB to C# or C# to VB.http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspxhttp://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspxJust my recommendation. I am sure you'll hear a few different responses.Brendan C. Brendan EnrickBr...

Web resources about - Get help from VB.NET & C# syntax convertion - asp.net.web-forms

Tony Williams (@TBone8) on Twitter

Talk:Brazilian real - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Brazil , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Brazil and Brazil-related topics on ...

Biomass Energy (木薯干) - Solar panel in Sydney - Solar Inverters - Mounting Racks
We have product for Solar power, Wind Turbine, Biomass, Battery, which your requirements The cassava to ethanol convertion has really changed ...

List of FAQ - AbiWiki
List of FAQ From AbiWiki (Redirected from FAQ ) Jump to: navigation , search AbiWord Frequently Asked Questions Contents 1 User FAQ 1.1 General ...

Highways of the State of Illinois
Sponsored by Roads of the Mid-South & West > Illinois Welcome Sign on WB IL St Rt 114 at the Illinois/Indiana State Line near Momence...Illinois ...

Leroy Burgess: Sweet expectations
Pete Lewis speaks to New York soul/dance legend Leroy Burgess, to discuss the prolific veteran singer/songwriter/producer’s new LP ‘Throwback ...

The Way to Build HTML5 Video Blog
Someday ago, we have discussed how to get more views with HTML 5 video in previous post. Now, we are going to make this tutorial which tells ...

carriole remorque à vélo deux plus deux
449.00 Euros = 511.86 US $', LEFT, CAPTION, 'Convertion Devise', WIDTH, 200, FGCOLOR, 'gray', BGCOLOR, '#0000FE', TEXTCOLOR, 'white')" onMouseOut="nd()"> ...

Concept Feedback - Search for Web Design, Marketing, and Usability Reviews
Search for inspiration and reviews on websites, landing pages, newsletters, logos, wireframes, mockups, advertisements, illustrations, layouts ...