Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application

I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on the client side and open it with a VB script how do I pass the value of sernum from the Web Page to the Personnel.exe? I can open the Client Side Personnel.exe  from one of my ASP Web Pages fine – no problems – but when I try to reference the Web Service I get an error – I assume it cannot locate localhost server. How do I correct this? The Personnel .exe Application works fine on the Server - I need for it to work on the client.

0
bobinber

Web resources about - Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application - asp.net.web-forms

How to enable Potentially Unwanted Application protection in Windows 8 and Windows 10
... looking for ways to protect their systems, and Microsoft recently unveiled a new opt-in feature to protect against Potentially Unwanted Applications ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...