Generating a Query String and emailing a link button to populate fields in web form when it's clicked.

Time to time I am receiving emails with a link on it opens a page with my contact info populated on the forms for me to modify the changes and click on confirm button.

Can anyone guide me how to achiew this securely using vb.net/Ajax etc.

Thank You!

Matt...

0
maygar

When sending email, dynamically generate a querystring with all the info (you could just use some unique id that you have in the db or send all info via querystring). When link in the email is clicked, you get the variable(s) in querystring that you use to dynamically populate your form.

Take a look:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspx

Please click "Mark as Answer" if you think this post answers your question
0
doknek
11/10/2008 5:10:43 PM

Thank you for fast response.

doknek:

YesWhen sending email, dynamically generate a querystring with all the info (you could just use some unique id that you have in the db or send all info via querystring). When link in the email is clicked, you get the variable(s) in querystring that you use to dynamically populate your form.

Take a look:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspx

0
maygar

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

ASPX Web Form window jumps when link button or button is clicked
Dear, i m senthil, and i m new to asp.net I m using asp.net with vb, my problem is, i m creating a forum, in all web pages while clicking any link button or command button the webpage jumps and the focus is going to some other controls. I want the page not to get jumped... Pls help in this regard. set the MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback property of your page to true. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.page.maintainscrollpositiononpostback.aspxMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.co...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Access Web Control's property within the Web Form
Hello, I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form. That's my Control: _________________________________________________ public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1; protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1; public string Myval{ get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];} set{ViewState["myval"] = va...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - Generating a Query String and emailing a link button to populate fields in web form when it's clicked. - asp.net.web-forms

Vogtle Electric Generating Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... / 33.14333; -81.76056 Coordinates : 33°8′36″N 81°45′38″W  /  33.14333°N 81.76056°W  / 33.14333; -81.76056 The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating ...

Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System - Spring 2013 - a set on Flickr
... Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating ...

Generating Electricity By Walking - Google Science Fair 2014 - YouTube
Did you know that you can produce electricity by just walking? Here's my documentation of the gizmo that I've conceptualize over the years. It's ...

Generating media attention was the aim of New York Times attack: Akamai
Cyber attacks, such as the recent one on the New York Times, are more about gaining attention than causing damage, according to Akamai.

FourPlay review: Generating momentum with improvisation and surprise
From string quartet into a rock band 19 years ago and FourPlay is presenting `interesting compositions, with finely detailed arrangements', John ...

Brazilian inmates shorten sentences by generating power
An innovative program in Brazil's southeastern Minas Gerais state allows inmates at a prison in to reduce their sentences in exchange for generating ...

Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way
Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way

Generating interest in homegrown power
Generating interest in homegrown power People's Daily Online ... are dealing with the preliminary paperwork. "The method was absolutely new ...

IHG generating over $20 million a month in revenue from mobile bookings
InterContinental Hotels' emphasis is on developing booking apps and mobile features to engage with guests in every step of their journey.

TIMELINE: Shutdowns at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station over 13 years
This timeline of events looks at shutdowns at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating plant over the past 13 years.