General

Hi

i have some textbox and Richtext box when i type the data and click save  the

data will bind to the Gridview..

I had set width for each field , Suppose while I insert data , without anyspace in the Richtextbox and click save

the data binded to the gridview show Lengthy line its look so bad all alignment are changes so

how shall i avoid this , else how can i insert  break line or ( space ) at the end of the each line in the richtextbox...

can anyone give solution pls...

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

 1) You need to put a CSS with your grid view to fix the width / wrap text.

 2) When you are binding text data you can pull out initial 10 chars or somewhat like that using

     substring.

 3) You can even bind text data to a lietral in itemtemplate, where literal have fixed width.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
8/11/2008 1:19:12 PM

hi

I have fix the width , Here i am using Richtextbox..with the multiline property= true..

so without any space if i type the letter it shows in lengthy line..

can u provide solution pls...

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005
8/12/2008 3:56:58 AM

Any one give solution
Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005
8/12/2008 8:54:56 AM

 You have to specify with spaces to view comfortly....

to my knowledge, Its a common problem with gridview..

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 8:59:00 AM

Hai

Gud Noon

In case if the user type without leaving spaces

how shall i give line break or any solution..

Thanks

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

 We can give a Try,

 IF there are spaces in string break with that spaces else specify some 10 or 15 characters according to the width specified to column.

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 9:19:40 AM

If i set the width for td

 then also it doesn't work

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

Break the string before binding.... as i specified and let us give a try.

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 9:31:14 AM

can u explain how u break before binding

let u give some samples..or example..

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

just a sample

   Dim str As String = String.Empty
            str = textbox1.Text
            If (str.IndexOf(" ") = -1) Then
                str = str.Insert(10, " ")
            End If
            Response.Write(str)

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 9:45:03 AM

i will try and get back to u

thanks

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005
8/12/2008 10:00:56 AM

hai it didnt work i doesnt not enter the loop

as u mentioned in the code after 15 character only u are going to inser the space

 If you make the code correct

Here I have use Richtextbox so according to your code it will Leave space after the 15 characters

 only then the remaining thing would going to

 display on same manner only ie: Lengthy only..

 Thanks

Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

Try calculating the length

divide the length

and provide a loop

eg: length=90

divide 90/15=6

lopp 6 times and insert space..

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin
8/12/2008 11:18:15 AM

Let you give the example..?
Regards,
M.Venkatesan
My Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
venkatu2005

Try

this

         Dim str As String = String.Empty
            str = Username.Text
            Dim intCount As Integer = str.Length
            Dim intLoop As Integer = Math.Truncate(intCount / 15)
            Dim index As Integer = 0
            Dim inrtPos As Integer = 0
            index = str.IndexOf(" ")
            If (index = -1) Then
                For i As Integer = 0 To intLoop
                    inrtPos = inrtPos + 10
                    str = str.Insert(inrtPos, " ")
                    inrtPos = inrtPos + 1
                Next
            End If

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue
:) Sibi :)
0
Sibin

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Web resources about - General - asp.net.web-forms

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Ontario's auditor general slams Liberal government over litany of problems
Ontario's auditor general says electricity customers in the province have paid billions of dollars for the Liberal government's decisions to ...

Global Media Director Jonathan Halvorson Out at General Motors
Jonathan Halvorson, director-global media strategy and branded entertainment at General Motors, has left the company after only eight months ...

General relativity: 100 years of the most beautiful theory ever created
Albert Einstein in 1919, after the eclipse voyages that verified general relativity. (credit: Public domain) It stands among the most famous ...

General Dynamics Corporation Delivers The Future of American Shipping
American Petroleum Tankers receives delivery of first ECO class tanker from General Dynamics\' NASSCO.

Poll: Sanders Is More Electable than Clinton in the General Election
... — just the opposite, in fact. Sanders is more electable than Clinton in head-to-head polling against Republican candidates in the general election. ...

New CNN/ORC Poll: Full results for 2016 general election - CNNPolitics.com
... in a new CNN/ORC Poll. Breaking News CNN Toggle Search Search 2016 Washington Nation World Our Team CNN.com Full results of CNN/ORC poll: General ...

Fiat Chrysler Spins Off Ferrari Division, Drops Hostile Bid To Merge With General Motors
... Fiat Chrysler is going in the opposite direction: spinning off its Ferrari division and dropping talks of a hostile takeover of rival General ...

Attorney General: The ISIS Threat Is ‘Evolving’
From 'large-scale planned al Qaeda-style attacks to the encouragement of lone wolves'