File Upload control-Control file size

I am using a file upload tool. I believe the default permissible size for a file uploaded through this tool is around 4 mb. How do I change this limit? I don't want it to be changed for all upload controls on the page. I just want it to be changed for one particular control which uploads music. I want to raise the uploaded file size limit for music to 10MB.
1
dilbert1947

thanks jessjing
0
dilbert1947

How Do I Enable A File Upload Control When Another File Upload Control Has A Value?
Hi There,Thanks you for taking the time to read this post.  I am quite new to programming and have searched the net and experimented with my own code but not been able to get it to work yet.I am creating a simple CMS for a friends site and my friend wants to be able to upload 9 images per page.I have created an asp.net form with 9 file upload controls.  I want 1 control to be enabled by default and the other 8 controls disabled until the previous control has a value.  I have set the default setting in visual studio without any problem.My first thought was to double cli...

How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control
How much size of file can be uploaded with file upload control? By default its 4mb but it can be chaged through web config settingsAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. For a detailed explanation on your query have a look into this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641(vs.71).aspxAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point...

File Upload Control ... file size problems
I am using a fileupload control, is there anyway i can determine the file size of attached file before it gets posted to the server ..... iam not particularly happy with the user having to wait until file is posted to the server before i can determine size of file uploaded.... I have increased the file upload limit to approx 10 mb in the web.config file ,  <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="11000"  enable = "True" requestLengthDiskThreshold="512" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="True" executionTimeout="120" />  and have code to capture the size in code behind file Sub Sav...

To increase file size upload option of a html file upload control in 1.1
Hi, whenever i try uploading files greater than 15kb or so, my file control fails. But smaller files are easily uploaded. Please helpIf you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants! Hi, the default maximum upload size of the total form data, so not only your fileupload, is limited to 4Mb. You can increase that number by overriding the default settings in the web.config. Alter the <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="" /> attribute. Dealing with the maximum upload size of ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web ...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

How can I control the size of a file when the file is upload to the server?
Hello! I am wondering how I can control the size of a file that the client load up to the server? I am working in C#. Sincerely, Albert Hi Albert, By control do you mean restrict the size of the upload? One way to do this would be to override the maximum request length with an entry in web.config, for example, the following would set the maximum length to 8 MB. <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="8192" /> The default is 4MB. HTH,Scotthttp://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

how to check file's size in file upload control?
dear friends i m using file upload control in my web app. now the maximum size of uploaded file is 4 MB. now i want to put message if the user uploaded file more then 4 MB? how do i do that? nd my other pr is i have put my file upload control in update panel so when my page loads first time i have to click twice on browse button but then it runs fine i dont understand the pr.  ThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path refere this link for more details http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479405.aspxRam...

File upload control gives error when file size exceeds maxRequestLength property
I am using File Upload Control to upload file on server. If size of the file exceeds maxRequestLength property in httpRuntime section of my configuration file, then DNS error is thrown. how can i restrict the user from selecting a file of specific size. Best solution would be if i can restrict the user on client side. If not possible, then how can i handle the DNS error on server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Paras Shah (VMF SoftTech Ltd.) To do this on the client side, you need an ActiveX control or java applet, this is nothing that is shipped with W...

Is there any possibility to get the selected file size of from the fileupload control from javascript for uploading file
I want's to avoid file uploading for the files with size i have hardcoded in the web.configIs there any possibility to get the selected file size of from the fileupload control from javascript.I know we can check it on the server via help of postedfile.content length but is there any way i can check it via help of javascript ? Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U kamii47:Is there any possibility to get the selected file size of from the fileu...

Enforce max file size of 5MB with "File upload" control
Hi, Whenever I try to upload a file bigger than 4MB I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.I googled on this and found out that the solution is to increase the value of maxRequestLength in web.config. However the page will still crash if file size is greater than maxRequestLength!!Then I override OnError and tried to display some friendly message using Response.write, but still get "cannot display the webpage" error and not my custom message. How can I completely override the asp.net default behavior on this. Don't forget to click &quo...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Web resources about - File Upload control-Control file size - asp.net.web-forms

Light Flow LED Control v3.0 brings new user interface and notification volume controls
Looking to gain better control of your LED notifications? If so, Rage Consulting has now released the latest update to their popular Light Flow ...

New quantum controls use vibrations to control other vibrations
... oscillations are vibrations of atoms within a solid, which act as particles called phonons (since they are quantized sound waves). The control ...

Larwyn's Linx: Gun Control, Thought Control and People Control
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Gun Control, Thought Control and People ...

Immigrants Tell PBS They Were Tortured And Molested By Out-Of-Control Border Control Agents
The nearly 60,000-strong U.S. Border Patrol has a history of torture and sexual abuse against immigrants trying to cross the border, according ...

Black Leaders: 'Direct Correlation Between Gun Control and Black People Control'
CNSNews.com was launched on June 16, 1998 as a news source for individuals, news organizations and broadcasters who put a higher premium on balance ...

Stop Accidental Swipes – Control That Control Center
It’s fantastic to be able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen in any app or the home screen to turn Wi-Fi on or off, enable or disable ...

Colorado Dem ousted over gun control forms new group to support gun control
Colorado Dem ousted over gun control forms new group to support gun control

This week in science: He who controls the spin controls the universe!
Baron Newton Von Gingrich, Master of Sociopaths, Head of House Harkonnen, last known homeworld Callista III. Image courtesy of DemFromCT Our ...

Syncfusion Puts Client-Side Controls In Control
Syncfusion Puts Client-Side Controls In Control