Event handling web user control buttom in web form

How would I handle the button1 click event from a web user control on a web form in the codebehind?

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
MsgBox("test")
End Sub
does not work. Button1 is in the web user control. How would one handle the event in the page the web user control is embedded in?
0
taz12

nevermind. it all came down to the class declaration in the codebehind file for the user control.  It was originally webusercontrol2 and I renamed the ascx file to datesel.ascx and it never changed the class declaration in the .vb file.   That would have saved me an hour of searching for the solution.

After changing it vs.net recognizes (Protected WithEvents DateSel1 As dateSel) in the codebehind file for the webform. Wish it had done it for me....
anyway.. answer found and solved with this forum's help.
0
taz12

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

custom web user control and web form

Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form
I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.     Thanks In Advance Hi, Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example: TestControl.ascx:<%@ Control ...

web web web

Web forms and mobile web forms

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

Web resources about - Event handling web user control buttom in web form - asp.net.web-forms

Automobile handling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Automobile handling and vehicle handling are descriptions of the way wheeled vehicles perform transverse to their direction of motion, particularly ...

New Facebook SDK For IOS Adds Automatic Error Handling, Improved Login UI
... software-development kit for iOS is now available for download , with significant enhancements including a beta test of automatic error handling ...

Handling Disputes and Refunds
Handling Disputes and Refunds

Facebook Shares Stats on How Users are Handling the Latest Privacy Changes
Facebook’s traffic has yet to be affected by the aggressive privacy changes it made at the beginning of December, from what data we can see — ...

Handling five billion sessi
... into their mobile apps. Skip to main content Engineering Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp Handling five ...

Customer Service Handling
This group is for people in customer service profession facing the customer either in person or over phone.

Avocado Meal Planner - Meal planning, recipe handling and grocery shopping made easy on the App Store ...
Get Avocado Meal Planner - Meal planning, recipe handling and grocery shopping made easy on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Vintage Ad #964: Students deserve Special Handling at Bob Jones University - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I recently acquired a large number of Christian lifestyle magazines from the 60s and 70s. This ad features an institution that has tended to ...

How to Fly the P-47: Ground Handling, Take-Off, Normal Flight, Landing - 1943 - WDTVLIVE42 - YouTube
Demonstrates procedures in flying the P-47. Includes preflight and cockpit checks, warm-up, taxiing, cruising, banking, stalling, speeds for ...

34% Rate Obama’s Handling of Government Spending As Good or Excellent
Voters continue to question President Obama's handling of issues related to government spending and taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone ...