Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.

Hello

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional and VS.net 2002.
I'm trying to start a web application, but I get this
error:
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you
like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for
this project?"
I've read the KB and they say: "Verify that you are a
member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users
group on the computer. A non-administrator does not have
the correct permissions to debug the ASP.NET worker
process (Aspnet_wp.exe)."
I login with user Andrea on machine \\MYCOMPANY_NT (
\\MYCOMPANY_NT\ANDREA ) and this user is set to be both
member of Administrator and Debugger User.
I've set this permission Also for a local "Andrea" user.
Also if I login with the local user, I can't start the
project.
I remember that under windows xp pro, all worked
perfectly. Can you help me to fix this thing? Thanks!
0
andy80

Can you re-register the aspnet_isapi by running "regsvr32 –i aspnet_isap.dll" and then try to debug again. Also ensure that you are a member of Administrators and Debugger Users group

Hope that helps
Kashif
0
kashif
7/23/2003 1:23:45 AM
I've tried your solution, but I get this error:

"aspnet_isapi.dll was loaded, but the DllInstall entry point was not found. DllInstall may not be exported, or a corrupted version of aspnet_isapi.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."
- I login with MYCOMPANY\Andrea usually (that is only Administrator..... I can't assign this user to multiple groups :\), but also if I login with Andrea (that is a local user that is member of Administrator and Debug Users) I get the same error.
Another question: How can I verify if I've the front page extensions configured correctly?
n.b: I've win 2000 sp4
Thanks for your help
0
andy80
7/23/2003 7:26:28 AM
Andy have you found a solution for it, I am also getting the message "DllInstall not found .." when trying to re-register the aspnet_isapi.dll ...

Greetings
sTefan
***********************************

Stefan WALTHER

0
wbb1975

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? Hi, i recommend u check this set of solutions Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCT...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Why do I receive the following from: <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SEVERNAME;database=databaseName;uid=sa;pwd=tester" /> </appSettings> SYMPTOMS When you debug an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio .NET, you may receive the following error message: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start wit...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.
hello friends,I m developing one project upto yesterday it run fines but today when i run the project it shown following error.Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.Plz help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance,Regards,Sandeep Suryawanshi In the web.config file make sure the debug=true attribute is set in the compilation tag. <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"/> HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello sir,Thanks for reply,When i m adding this line in web.config. Problem ...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged.
I have checked the webconfig file debug is set to true. I had to reinstall .net 2003 now I am getting this error  There are several common causes for this error message.  Most of them are covered in this KB article, along with a link to how to fix each one:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged
I keep getting this error after I made changes to the web.config file. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here? I can run the project with Start Without Debugging. What I want to do is restrict access in chksystems directory and allow users in the aspx directory. Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="strConnString" value="server=sqlserver;database=Dev;uid=sa;pwd=data" /> </appSettings> <system.web> ...

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..
Hello. Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.  Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i   ...

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable.
Hi everyone,I am getting the following error while trying to run my window application in vs.net (vb.net),"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable."Can anybody help me to resolve this error? Try this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc Or search the forums: http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Unable+to+start+debugging&f=&u= Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it ...

error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server
error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? I get this message when I try run a project Why is this happening? I have checked the web config file and debug is set to true In the configuration manager debug is set. I have installed IIS before installing .NET what unknown Microsoft error is happening here?? if the solution is too uninstall and reinstall .NET, then the question will be how many times does a developer have to do this in hi...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debugging on web server.Access is denied.
Hi group members, I just started taking ASP.NET for this semester. I have spent all week trying to setup remote debugging on my Windows 2003 Web Server so I can connect to it from my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am going Crazy. I spent more time try to figure this out then doing my home work. I am certified as MCP for Win2000 Pro & WinSer2000, but this is driving mad!!! This is what I have done: Windows 2003 Web Server: 1. Share Permissions are setup on the wwwroot folder for full control. 2. Scripts and Executables is enabled 3. I part of the Debugger Users and Administrator...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.
This error is making me suicidal,Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.I have 1.1 and 2.0 framework. I was able to run my 2003 adn 2005 applications with no issue till I installed SQL Server Rep Services 2005 , and now I can not run any of my applications for 2003, I have changed the framework option in IIS for those applications to 1.1, but it won't work,Please help. Is debug set to true in the applications web.config? If it's more complicated than that try running through this check list http://...

Urgent!!! Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Catastrophic failure
Hi I have installed win2000 on my machine at work place. When i treid to install IIS, it propmpted me to install Win2000 SP4 before it install IIS. So i downlaoded SP4 from microsoft website and installed it. After that it istalled IIS also. Then i installed VS.net Prof 2002 on the same machine whihc went well. Now if i try to debig my application it gives me the following error "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Catastrophic failure. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?" Does any one have an...

Web resources about - Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. - asp.net.web-forms

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...