Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help!

Im getting and error "No value given for one or more required parameters" pointing at line 15. I don't know what this mean....Can any one help me resolve this. I'm trying to access a MS Access Database.

My codes below:

<%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDB" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<script runat="server">
Sub submit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
Dim MySQL as string = "Insert into email (name, email) values (@name, @email)"
Dim MyConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & server.mappath("email.mdb") & ";" )
Dim Cmd as New OleDbCommand(MySQL, MyConn)
cmd.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@name", txtName.text))
cmd.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@email", txtEmail.text))
MyConn.Open()
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
MyConn.Close()
End sub
</script>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<form runat="server">
<asp:TextBox ID="txtName" runat="server" />
<asp:TextBox ID="txtEmail" runat="server" />
<asp:Button ID="submit" onClick="submit_Click" runat="server" />
</form>

This is the Error I'm getting:
No value given for one or more required parameters.
Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one or more required parameters.
Source Error:

Line 13: 'cmd.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@email", txtEmail.text))
Line 14: MyConn.Open()
Line 15: cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
Line 16: MyConn.Close()
Line 17: End sub

Source File: C:\Accounts\bootymusic\wwwRoot\Test.aspx Line: 15
Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040e10): No value given for one or more required parameters.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32 hr) +41
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +174
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +92
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +65
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +112
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +67
ASP.Test_aspx.submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Accounts\bootymusic\wwwRoot\Test.aspx:15
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

Thanks.
Jball
0
jball2004

Does your table has more fields other than name and email? You may need to provide values for those fields too.
C# Tutorials : http://www.dotnetspider.com
0
tonymjohn

SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293)
Name: Benjamin Pfab Email: bpatxuitsdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293) Comments: After the latest update of Thunderbird (during the last week) the sending of emails fails via the "SendObject" function of MS Access 2002. Error message is "MS Access could not send this email". If possible, please help! Thank you! Regards Benjamin Pfab Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From U...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Migrate a MS Access DB Application to the Web. Help!
Help! I am confused and am having difficulty seeing the objects and relationships of the components of an interactive DB web site and how it all goes together.  All the books I have read take me from exceptionally basic examples to down in the weeds with no big picture relationship view. I feel like I have to go back to something near assembly language programming to achieve a web site. Please tell me this is not so.My machine has XP Pro, MS Visual Studio 2005 Pro, MS Office 2003 Pro, IIS installed.I have a Access DB application for a Property Owners Association (split DB) that I am try...

Need Help on Accessing Radio button values from Web Forms
Hi - I have a string object that contains a string of html code that will spit out to the client dynamicaly from the database. In the string, it contains html version of <input type=radio id=Radio1 value=foo runat=server /> . After the string spits back to the client, the client will make a "radio button" choice and submit it back to the server. My problem is, I do not know how to extract the value from that radio button after the client has submitted. If I tried to access it by Radio1.Value, it will give me compliation error. (The type or namespace name 'Radio1' ...

Help with script for accessing MS Access
I have an MS Acess 2002 database that has two tables: Article & Keyword Under Article, there's an ArticleID field that is tied to the name of an Article and file name Under Keyword, there's Keyword field that has keywords and then it's tied to an ArticleID field that ties it to the ArticleID field in the Article table. Basically, you have an article title name that has a bunch of keywords tied to that article (ID). I have the actual article stored in an ASPX file. Now, I need to have a search box so people can type in a keyword and respective articles will come up. This is wh...

Help Please-writing form data to ms access using vb.net
Hi, I am trying to write data entered via a form into ms access using vb.net. On compilation, I get the error message - Compiler Error Message: BC30648: String constants must end with a double quote. I believe my sql statement is written incorrectly. Could someone help me please? In addition, I would like to post the data to the database only after the data has been validated, can anyone recomment how to go about it? Thanks, essence.my code is as follows:<script runat="server">Sub Submit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim connectionString As StringconnectionString = "Pro...

Error In reading BLOB from Ms. Access using Ado.Net DataReader... Plz help.....
Hello  All, I am encrypting a document, converting it into byte array and storing this BLOB to Aceess database using OLEDB data provider of ADO.NET, Till writing I have no problems..  I am getting an array index out of bound exception on the lines where I am trying to read the BLOB form the table column using ADO.NET,  DataReader.Getbytes method,. The code for reading BLOB is as follows: /**********   Extracting byte array from Database and returning *************/ public Byte[] DB2ByteArr(string sql...

I need help with this issue. I am running server 2003 and I am trying to access to my web to make some changes and I get this error
Error(s): System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xml\exceptions.xml" is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at QWebManager.Common.Errors(Exception Ex) alexmiami--This sort of thing... alexmiami wrote:...System.Unau...

Help: Can't Update Ms Access DB record on Web Server (VS 2005)
Hi experts,  This is my first time using Visual Studio 2005 with Dot Net Framework 2.0 building aspx databinding files. I have created a MS Acess (file version 2003) database and uses  DetailView function - insert, edit, delete ready available function. The insert, edit and delete function is working fine on my localhost webpage but when i posted all the files to my web server and i got the following error. Can anyone assist me here? Billion thanks ------------------------------------------------------File script-----------------------------------------------------...

Remote Data Access to MS Access DB
I have been asked to write an Internal application to maintain an MS Access DB. I’m new to ASP.Net, only starting with 2.0. I need to be able to access a MS Access DB on a different server from my ASP.NET 2.0 application. How would I make the connection to this remote Access DB? Also, can I use VWD to do this?   Hi You can find sample code here And you have to configuresecurity settings that are required to connect to a remote Microsoft Access database from ASP.NET   Hope this helps.Sincerely,Young Fang Thanks yyy8347, Before I start,  I was just curious if the ...

Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db
I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database. I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message. Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent begin 666 nnsyreg.dat M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Help with MS Access in .net
Here is another that boggles me why Microsoft makes certain applications not user firendly.  I am working with a project for an Internship, small enough to use Access for the database.  Is there any possible way to manipulate text in the database so that it displays easy on the eye for example:  I need to display different pager numbers and would like to display it through a gridview like the following example: column                      display Problem Primary &nb...

Web resources about - Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help! - asp.net.web-forms

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...