Editable table or a datagrid

Hi All,

I am trying to do the following. I have to create a table that will accept user input (something like start date, time and end date time). I intend to bind the date cells with the calender object and the time cells to a drop down list for hours and minutes. The entered data is to be then saved in a database. Can anyone suggest whats the best approach to accomplish this: using tables or datagrid??

Regards
Ankur

0
ankur_bhatia

I would use a datagrid since the edit portion of the datagrid is so easy to use.  If you need help w/the datagrid (setting it up or any portion of the code --- check this link out):
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/041702-1.2.aspx
My Regards to All,
Jason -- O-H-I-O Go Buckeyes! #1
--- LIVESTRONG.ORG --- Please support the battle against cancer!
0
onewisehobbit
Thanks for your reply. I agree that the datagrid would be more manageable for editing. But the problem is that my html table is initially empty. This table is used for entering information about the start and the end time of the leave that an employee is taking. Also, I need to display only 5 rows initially corresoponding to five seperate enteries for holidays. In case the user still intends to enter more leave information then additional rows should be added. The user enters the start time, date and end time and date as mentioned in the earlier post. After the entry is completed the information is saved in a DB to be used for reference.
Any suggestions.
Ankur

0
ankur_bhatia

How do I bind a multi-tables to a Web Forms DataGrid
How do I bind a multi-tables  to a Web Forms DataGrid that can be inserted, updated, and deleted? Visual Studio 2003, SqlServer DataBase I am trying to create a datagrid that will have fields from 4 separate tables. When I drag in a SqlDataAdapter and add all four tables to my query I get the followingMessages: Generate insert statement The original query has a select list that has columns from multiple tables. The statement cannot be generated automatically for this type of query. Generate Update statement The original query has a select list that has columns from multip...

How do I edit the web form template in VS.NET 2008?
Hi, I'd like to edit the template VS.NET 2008 uses for creating web forms for me as I'd like to remove all the extra spaces and things. I remember I could do this w/ VS.NET 2003. Since then I've forgotten where to locate the templates. I'd appreciate some pointers here.Thanks,Sam You would probably be better off creating your own new template... but this can be based on a copy of the existing one.Creating project and item templates is covered on MSDN: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/s365byhx.aspx Richard...

Datagrid in a windows form vs. a web form
I am writing a WINDOWS form with a datagrid where i need to run a loop and basically flag every item (containers to be shipped in this case). Now, I've done this with a webform and have had no problems what so ever with it but when it comes to a Windows Form the controls are differnt i.e., namespaces I can't perform the same functions. Here is the sample code from a web form and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to approach this from a windows form? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 'Insert Shipping Request Information into tblContainer - manifestDocument...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

NEED: .NET multi-table master-detail type customizable forms and datagrid generator or at least easy-to-follow idiot-proof instruction
NEED: .NET multi-table master-detail type customizable forms and datagrid generator or at least easy-to-follow idiot-proof instruction. ASPMaker.net ain't got it. ASPRunner.net ain't got it. Those tools are great for quick easy creation of add, display, edit, copy, delete, search database connectivity and functionality but for only one table!! I need to do all these quickly using data from three Oracle database tables (will also need to consider furture use for MS Access tables). Any intelligent leads appreciated. My database is small with only about two dozen total fields and only t...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Edit form in datagrid
Hi all, Is it possible to set the column width during the edit event in datagrid? I set the width for displaying data in datagrid. But, when I click on 'edit', the datagrid changed and all the column width seems to be set as default. So, is there a way to control the column width during edit event? Thanks for your help! Ming...

VS 2005 VWD Express Edition compared to Pro Edition for Web Forms.
   The menu bars of the two, Express seen in excellent training videos and Pro on my own machine are different.  The Pro is so depleted, can it be used?   The windows forms side looks workable, but not my interest.   Is the difference the quietly concealed missing components not ready even for the late release?   If so has anyone the slightest idea when they will be ready?   What can be done in the meantime after viewing the few videos available and reading the few books, based on the Beta, of course?   For the moment all I can see is to get...

Datagrid Edit to Form
All, I have a dataset which is too large (numerous fields) to display all in a datagrid. I decided to go with the option of displaying only a few, then using the Hyperlink column property, I display 'View" so that one can go to a form and edit the items of a record. I have already set up the DataNavigateUrlField and Formatstring so that it redirects on clicking the link to the page with my form (pestdetail.aspx?id={0}). but I am not sure how to capture on the record on this page, and have each field show up in the appropriate text box. Any tutorials out there? karls------...

Edit form in .Net
hi I have a Datagrid where I click on the id to open another aspx page to edit the selected record. I was able to pass the selected row's id and use it in the second page to pull the record into an edit form. The issue I am facing is I have a lookup field in the selected record and I got stuck not knowing how to show the user the values in the combo box for his/her selection in the edit mode. Any help is appreciated. Thanks AlNew to Asp.net Can you give an example scenario of the problems with some sample data ? ManasvinPiyush@Manasvin http://groups.msn.com/manasvin Sure, I...

Web resources about - Editable table or a datagrid - asp.net.web-forms

TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable text from any printed material on ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable ...

Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists and more
... about iPhone , Apps , and iOS continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists ...

[Deal Alert] Equil Smartpen 2, Which Converts Your Handwritten Notes Into Editable Digital Copies, Currently ...
If you're in the market for a way to handwrite notes and convert them into a digital format that you can edit, head over to StackSocial right ...

QuickAdvice: TextGrabber Allows You To Capture Text As Editable Text
There are those times when you come across some text in a printed document that you need to make note of. TextGrabber lets you take a picture ...

Price Drop: Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable ...
Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable documents 1.1 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Business ...

How to convert scanned images into editable Word files
... could be tedious and time consuming if the document were long. Therefore, we need a software of some kind that can convert images into editable ...

SALE: Turn your handwritten notes into editable digital copies with the Equil Smartpen
There are times when it’s satisfying to write notes or doodle with a good old pen and paper. The downside is that once you’ve written that note ...

PDF2Office Professional Makes PDF Files Into Editable Office Docs
... This is exactly the situation PDF2Office is for— Edit PDF Files with PDF2Office Professional v6: Convert PDF & Windows XPS files into Editable ...

The Editable 'Print A Cheat-Sheet On An Aquafina Bottle Label And Ace Your Test' Website
... the hell out of some tests, but you know what? I did it in a blaze of glory and HONOR. Just in time for exams comes the White Weasel editable ...

Tablet Cheat Sheet 2.0: Now an editable spreadsheet
... thread and jumped in to help by putting the key info into a web-based spreadsheet. I’ve added more data and also made it publicly editable ...