Dynamically loaded user control with a button doesn't fire its button click event?

I have a datagrid, in which one of the columns is 'button' column called 'Send Email'. When I click on this button, then an email user control is dynamically loaded into a placeholder above the datagrid header area. The email control renders correctly, but when I click on 'Send' button in this user control, then the click event of this 'Send' button doesn't fire. This is even though the 'Handles.btnSend.Click' is there for the click method of the 'Send' button.

Can someone please tell me why the event is not firing and what do I need to do to make it fire?

sun21170
0
sun21170

you have to reload the dynamically loaded user control on every postback in order for its control events to fire.
Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige

Dynamically loading user control to a gridview
Hello,I know there are many posts about loading user control dynamically and events which not fire. I tried  everything suggested but nothing helped. The difference in my example is that I am loading the user control into a specific line in a grid view after the user clicked on a button.So, the containing object in this case is DataControlFieldCell but it is a difference one on every click of the user.I tried to to set the ID of the user control on the page load of the control (this.ID = "MyControl1";) and I am loading the control on post back in the page_load of the parent pa...

(web control button) click event doesn't fire
Hi, I've problem with simple case ... On my web page I have 2 user controls (one is logging control which has button and its onClick event works fine ... next control has also button and its onClick event doesn't fire) all handler are initialize correct and I've no idea why the next buttons (it happens to every next button that I try to insert on web page) bevave like don't have assemblied handlers :/ Anyone had problem like that ? Lukas         paste the code where the handler is getting hooked in the code behind file. It is in the section named Visual Studio gen...

doesn't fire button click event while button is binding with Model popup control
Hi, I have created using asp:button control as TargetControlID  for Modal PopUp control. I  want to run some code on btn_click event also. but after using this button with model popup  control not firing btn_click() Event. <asp:ImageButton id="btn_buy" ImageUrl="~/Images/ShoppingItemImage/btnbuyred.gif" runat="server" OnClick="btn_buy_Click"></asp:ImageButton> and Model Popup <cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="btn_buy1" PopupControlID=&qu...

An OnClick event doesn't fire up when a button is clicked in a Tab Panel in a Tab Container in an AJAX Web Form
Hello Post: I would like to enclose the following code so you can analize what is going on: "> " style="vertical-align:top;"> "> "> ...

Dynamically loaded Web User Control .ascx button click event handler not called on second time click
I have an ascx control (that performs actions for an entity) being added dynamically to accordion panes, and then the panes are added to an ajax accordion control, so that the accordion can contain multiple panes with each pane containing one ascx control. The ascx control contains a delete button which removes the entity from the database. Once the entity is removed, I need to reflect this deletion in the parent page by removing the accordion pane from the accordion. To do this I created a delegate function and which is called from the parent page to rebind the accordion and hence not d...

Error when Loading Dynamic UserControl from current User Control's Button Click event Calling Page Event
Hi,I have a panel that I load user Control in no problem.  The problemarrises when I do a post back on one of these user controls.  I havebutton it does a click event.  In this click event I will do somedatabase updates, then I will use reflection to call a method in theparent (this.page) to load the new user control.  Its at this pointafter it loads the new user control that it throws the error "Thecontrol must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server".Now, my methods that managers the user control works.  I am able toclick on the parent page menu and...

To access a control placed in a web user control which is loaded during page load in button click event
How can I access a control in a web user control in a button click event , the user control is loaded in page load.Thanks & Regards,Abhiram Reddy Mekha. Try checking this... http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73869/event-handling-between-custom-user-controls-that-are-loaded-at-run-time http://aspalliance.com/565_Dynamic_Loading_of_ASPNET_User_Controls http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Controls-Run-Time.aspx http://stackoverflow.com/questions/92792/user-control-created-dynamically-not-able-to-handle-events-on-postback http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_user_c...

User Control Button Click Event Does Not Fire With Postback, when Loaded Dynamically
My application consists of a web form (MainForm.aspx) with a PlaceHolder (phMain) with several user controls that are loaded and removed dynamically based on the context. Two of these controls are LoginUC.aspx and DataEntryUC.ascx. Each of these controls have a 'Submit' button.When the application is launched, LoginUC is loaded to the PlaceHolder. Users enter an Id and Password, then upon authentication an event named  LoginCompleted.is raised in LoginUC. This event (LoginCompleted) is consumed in the parent form (MainForm.aspx) wherein the LoginUC control is removed...

User Control Question: Button Onclick Event won't work (won't fire)
Hi all, I create a webusercontrol and load it to home page dynamicly using Place Holder . However, the Button Onclick Event won't work (won't fire) in my Web user Control. Here are the codes. Partial Class test2 Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl Protected Sub btn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn.Click End Sub End Class  ************************************ I set break point to (Protected Sub btn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn.Click). Can anyone tell me whats going wrong with my code? Thanks a lot! ...

Web User Control - Button Click
I have a web user control which is has one Button control on it. It has a event for handling the click... if I put this user control ( button ) at the top  of the page, the click event does not get fired just page is refreshed...but where as if I move to the bottom of the page, ButtonClick is fired ???? I am completely clueless why is this change of behavior with respect to the position of the control?? Thanks. could you show us the code that you have problem with ...   Here is the code ( i have taken out the unwanted part of the page ) Please note that the bSave does ...

ISSUE WITH Control's behaviour inisde UPDATE PANEL
 hii evry1..,             i have an strange issue...here..plzz chk it out..                      aspx page:            < asp:UpdatePanel ID="OUpdatePanel" runat="server" >                <ContentTemplate>             &nbs...

Button Click not firing in Dynamically loaded user control
    Hi,I realize this is a common problem but i seem to be having a unique variation.I have a page that is dynamically loading user controls into a placeholder depending on user selection from a dropdown list on the page. The controls get loaded on page postback using a case statement to determine which control to load.These controls have buttons on them that are wired up properly - if I put the control on the page declaratively everything works fine.However if I load them dynamically when the button is clicked the page gets posted back, the control gets re-loaded, and the cli...

Dynamically add a button with eventhandler in onclick event of other button doesn't work
I have a usercontrol with a textbox, a button and a placeholder. In the Click event of the button, I dynamically add a number (the number entered in the textbox) of imagebuttons to the placeholder.For each added  imagebutton, I add a click event handler as well.MyImgBtn.Click += new System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventHandler(this.OnClickMyImgBtn); However these event handlers don't work.If I add the imagebuttons and the event handlers in the Page_Load, all works fine.However, I can't add the imagebuttons in the Page_Load because then the buttons will be added on eve...

user control doesn't responde to button click

Web resources about - Dynamically loaded user control with a button doesn't fire its button click event? - asp.net.web-forms