Drag and Drop Automation

I'm trying to write some test automation code, and I have everything working EXCEPT drag and drop. I can drag an item to a location, but I can't seem to get the correct (x,y) coordinates. Does anyone know how to either:

1) Get the right coordinates from the rendered page (through the DOM in C#) or

2) Drop on an element rather than on an (x,y) coordinate?

0
JoeBuddha

Drag and Drop is a clientside process, so you won't get any values using C#.  You need to use javascript.  jQuery and other libraries make this easy.

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=100

Once you have the values, you can pass them to server-side code using hidden fields.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Drag and Drop from Solution Explorer onto Web Form doesn't drop object but drops file name instead
I can't seem to figure out why, when I drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer onto my Web Form that the filename, including the directory spec., is dropped on the form rather than the object itself.  This is also true when I drag and drop onto the toolbox.  I can't seem to figure this one out... Hi MichelleBaker, From your description, I understand that when you drag and drop a user control from Solution Explorer to your aspx page, instead of getting a user control instance, you can only get the link with file path of the user control. If there has been any ...

Cant drag-and-drop Web Custom Control to Web Form!
Hi,I'm going insane here, I've read countless articles how to create a Web Custom Control and add it to the Toolbox and then just Drag-and-Drop it to a Web Form.And I have done exactly that except for the last step, any Web Custom Control I create refuses to be Drag-and-Dopped to the Web Form. What happens is the following, after I have added the Web Custom Control to the ToolBox I click it and drag it to the Web Form designer area. First I can see the icon of the Web Custom Control and I see a Referance being created but just after that the icon changes to one of those "you cant park here s...

Web form drag an drop
Is it possible to create a web form that would accept a mouse drop? For example, I want to drag an url from IE and drop it on a web form control. This would then allow me to add some additional information, then save the link to a database without retyping the url. Thanks for your thoughts on this. CharlesCharles Kelsoe...

[Help] About web form Drag and Drop
I have project that has requirment: Read data from Database, drawn Graph accroding Data from Database. User can drag the pics(Small point) around the graph for simulation. How i can do such Drag and Drop in web form... Thanks in advance.! Long back I read on MSDN see if it could helps you! http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/05/WebForms/default.aspx Also see below link, it does using straight DHTML(IE) http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/default.asp?url=/downloads/samples/internet/ie50/dragndrop/default.asp Hope these helps you!Sreedharht...

Drag and Drop between datawindows in .net window forms
Has anyone used drag and drop between 2 datawindows in .net window forms? If you have an example please provide. Thanks, I have found reference that explain the drag and drop operation. The problem I am running into is it appears that the current row of the datawindow gets set after the mousedown event is triggered. This is a problem since the mousedown event is used to begin a drag operation. Any ideas on how to get the current row from the datawindowMouseDown event? Thanks, Bryan <Bryan Walker> wrote in message news:44f5fd40.4212.1681692777@sybase.com... > ...

Drag & Drop Functionality on a Web Form
Hello,I was wondering if you had two listboxes on a webform that were databound to a sqldatasource, if you could drag and drop the items into one another and the database would be updated accordingly.  Any help or direction would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.   Anyone?  :) I can think of the combine use of 2 technologies that may solve your problem. 1. ASP.NET 3.5 2. Scriptaculous. Check out the demo: http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/page/print/SortableListsDemo I think you have a very interesting project there, keep it up :) Debugger ...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

I am not able to drag and drop some of the AJAX controls onto my web form
I donwloaded and installed the AJAX control kit. I used the update panel along with the script manager control and it works great. Now I am having a strange problem, because I want to use some of the other AJAX controls. Some of them will drag and drop nicely onto my web form. But for other AJAX controls when I try and drag and drop them onto my web forms, they will not drag and drop. Instead I get a black circle with a line through it for the cursor. Signaling that I cannot drag and drop the control. What is the problem here? I tried dragging and dropping the Collapsible panel control,...

Multiple file drag and drop not working when Windows Forms Control is embeded in Web Page.
Hi all,I am having a winodows forms control (windows control library) which is having a list view control on to which I will drag and drop the files and the control holds their names along with the path. It is working fine when I am executing it in VS2005. I am able to drag and drop single file or multiple files at a time. But, when I am embeding it into a web page using <object> tab, I am able to drag drop only single file at a time, it is not allowing me to drag and drop multiple files at a single go. any body have any clue?my web page code:<object id="myName" classid=&q...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Drag and drop multiple Files into embeded Windows Forms Control in Web Page is not working
 Hi all,I am trying to develop a web application in which I want to have a list box in a form. It should be able to drag and drop the files on to it. It should just capture the file name with the path.I am able to do this in a Windows application, by setting the "AllowDrag" property of the list box to true. How can I achieve this in Web application? For the matter of fact I just want to capture all the names of the files that are dragged on to the form. It need not be list box alone. any other control will also do.Any ideas please.Thanks you all in Advance.-Ram Not possible...

Web Parts Drag and Drop not working in Firefox 2.0.0.12 with .NET 3.5
Hi, I'm just starting with web parts and completed the simple walkthrough from MSDN. I then tried to view my demo in Firefox, and the drag and drop features don't work. So I started researching and found several posts on this forum which discussed it. However, most of them are several months old, and refer to some combination of AJAX 1.0 / .NET 2.0, AJAX CTP / AJAX RTM / etc.  The posts seem to indicate that Firefox support was definitely added at some point in the past, so I'd expect it to be available in 3.5 (since AJAX is built in, and I assume 3.5 would contain a...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

I cannot drag web custom controls from toolbox to web form
I have created some web custom controls (both composite controls or derived/inherited controls).  I successfully added them to the toolbox. However, when I try to drag them onto the form, the cursor changes into a black circle with a diagonal line, and cannot drag them.  I also tried double-clicking them from the toolbox but it still won't work. I sent the Control Library (DLL) to a friend, and he managed to use it properly.  I am assuming this is a problem with my Visual Studio. Has anyone encountered such a problem?  Any suggestions or solutions?   Thanks. I...

Web resources about - Drag and Drop Automation - asp.net.web-forms

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook PMD IgnitionOne launches self-service marketing automation
IgnitionOne , a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, announced Tuesday the launch of the Marketing Automation tool. A fully integrated module ...

Automation Heroes (@automationhero) on Twitter

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers,... ...

Young people don't consider automation issues when choosing a career
... launched a new research study that determines that almost half (49 percent) of young people in Britain are not taking the issue of job automation ...

Rockwell Automation Announces Mobility Co-Innovation with Microsoft
A new mobility co-innovation project by Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Corp. will be demonstrated at Automation Fair in Chicago Nov. 18 and ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...

Edimax lands networking device orders for production automation
... device maker Edimax Technology has obtained orders from US-based clients for about 25,000 wireless networking devices used in production automation, ...