Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control

 HI,

 I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.

Thanks in advance

Vikram

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in

 The difference is that html server controls have syntax and rendering closely mapped to html objects.  Where as web server controls have more relation to the .NET Framework. Web server controls have a richer and wider range of special purpose controls.  Calenders, tree views, etc..

If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.
0
JOsei
9/2/2007 12:49:19 PM

 Is that the only difference or there is something more to it?

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
9/3/2007 4:20:52 AM
Why would you have HTML and WebControls if not to extend their functionality and have more complex controls.  There may be other reasons for it, but i doubt that very much.  Primarily when you take the view that they both render to a Webpage as HTML!!!
0
Mashman
9/3/2007 4:33:57 AM

 If that is the only difference then why have two type of the same control (button in HTML server control and button in web server control.

And when to use which control is also an important question in my mind currently?

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
9/4/2007 4:16:16 AM

There is no fuctional difference between the two. The purpose of the HTML Server Controls is to make it easier to migrate a standard HTML page to an ASP.NET page. It's really a convience feature, just to have the option to use both.

If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.
0
JOsei
9/4/2007 5:39:25 PM

OK So that means there will be no difference between which one I use in the page. I mean no such condition where I should use one over other

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in
9/5/2007 4:20:10 AM

I would probably go with the Web Server Contorls,  but it's pretty immaterial.

If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.
0
JOsei
9/5/2007 7:16:44 PM

vik20000in:

I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.

Hi Vikram,

After hard search, I find an good article talk about difference between ASP.NET Server Controls,HTML Server Controls and HTML Intrinsic Controls.

As personal views:

  • Server controls easy to use and manage, but HTML controls are not.
  • HTML controls performance is better then Server controls.
See the more details, check out this link: Difference Between ASP.NET Server Controls,HTML Server Controls and HTML Intrinsic ControlsYes

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

html server controls and web server controls
hello what is the difference between html server controls and web server controls? what is the main goal of converting html elements to html server controls , so why i can directly use the web server controls instead of converting process? thank you for the help and for the time If you convert a normal html control to a html server control then you can work with and reference it programmatically. MS advises using web controls where possible. But if your application uses vast amounts of html controls its far easier to just apply runat="server" than to re invent them a...

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls?
How does one understand when to use HTML Server Controls & when to use Web Server Controls in a Web Form? In other words, when should HTML Server Controls be used & when should Web Server Controls be used in a Web Form?ThanksRON*********If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas Web Server Controls should always be used. HTML Server controls were meant so that a standard HTML page could ...

Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control
Hi, I have a primitve doubt - what is the precise difference between a HTML control with runat= server  and an ASP.NET web server control.i think i read its something to do with how events are fired and so on but am not very clear...i want to know all the differences at the lifecycle level as well as from the usage point of view.Thanks Thanks and RegardsNirumaThe difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! HTML controls are quick & light, while web controls are more feature rich.Here are more details about the differences between HTML controls and web controls:http:...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

HTML Controls or Web Server Controls?
there are  2 different categories of controls in asp.net2.0, the HTML controls and WebServer controls, what are the differences in terms of usage? or in what circumstances each of these 2 categories should be used?Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life The HTML controls are primarily used when porting old ASP applications (or plain HTML) pages to ASP.NET. They are also sometimes used when you want to write large amounts of client-side JavaScript. The ASP.NET server-side controls are used when you want to write server-side code to get/set the values of the controls (but ...

How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source.
How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source. Normally, We can add a Web server or HTML server controls to the template in GridView control,just like the Code 1I hope to do the same thing by programming (just like the Code 2), but I can ony add the BoundField,I don't know how to add a CheckBox control to the template in GridView , could you help me? //--------------------------------------------Code 1------------------------------------------------------------<asp:GridView AutoGenerateColumns="False...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

What is the difference between a web user control and a server control?
Can anyone tell me what the difference between a web user control and a web server control is? I have created web user controls before, but have not worked too much with web server controls. Also, can a web user control be converted to a web server control?   Bill Take a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa651710(VS.71).aspxhttp://oreilly.com/catalog/progaspdotnet/chapter/ch14.html Anuj Patel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If this post answers your question please mark it as Answered. This could help you:http://www.programm...

No server controls on web server
Hi, I built an ASP.NET site with the MS ASP.NET Web Matrix editor and "published" it to a remote server.  I can launch the home page, but no server controls are visible.  After reading similar problems in this forum, I created a /Bin folder and copyed the WebMatrix dll from my PC to the server.  Again, no server controls.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Tom Hi Tom, if you create a simple page that doesn't use server controls but does a response.write(DateTime.Now) does it show up in the browser? If not I don't think that your provider supports asp.net. There's al...

Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control
How Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control? add runat="server" attribute to the <table> tag...

Web resources about - Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control - asp.net.web-forms

Can You Spot the Difference?
The shamelessness on the part of Lenovo is almost breathtaking. Update: And then there’s Samsung’s new TV interface : white frosted translucent ...

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

Kurt Vile review: Line between fanatic and laconic the difference between a good and great show
Kurt Vile's blissfully laid-back recorded output doesn't quite gel with his live band, the Violators. They seem to always be pulling Vile back ...

H-bomb versus A-bomb: Understanding the difference
In a world more accustomed to talking about F-bombs than H-bombs, North Korea's claim that it has detonated one may have you asking what it is, ...

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...