default.dwt.aspx accessing MS access db

I have a default.dwt.aspx template where any updates here will copy to
all my 15 .aspx pages, i'm doing a shopping cart and i have a promotions
table in the left column. I tried using DWMX datasets to display the
promotional items from the MS Access db, however once i added the
datasets, DWMX won't allow me to save, it says theres an error.
However i can add datasets freely on any other .aspx, anyone knows why?

0
john83

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db
I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database. I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message. Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent begin 666 nnsyreg.dat M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U...

Remote Data Access to MS Access DB
I have been asked to write an Internal application to maintain an MS Access DB. I’m new to ASP.Net, only starting with 2.0. I need to be able to access a MS Access DB on a different server from my ASP.NET 2.0 application. How would I make the connection to this remote Access DB? Also, can I use VWD to do this?   Hi You can find sample code here And you have to configuresecurity settings that are required to connect to a remote Microsoft Access database from ASP.NET   Hope this helps.Sincerely,Young Fang Thanks yyy8347, Before I start,  I was just curious if the ...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

web form for access db
Hi all,I've been given a task, and i really dont know where to start, we have a database (Access 2000) for permits (which I have designed), people apply for the permit and their details are entered into the database. easy? yes, cool! now...I have to design a web front end for it, ie rather than people filling in paper forms and dropping them off, they do it all from the comfort of their own homes :)Like I said before I'm not really sure where to start, as there is a lot of information required, the application form should(?) be on 2+ pages for easy reading/layout ("next" buttons to...

Web form to MS Access
Hi all I heard there is some function is MS-Access which allows you to customise your labels(stickers with addresses on them) before printing them. Is there a way to pass over information from a data grid in a webform to the Database so that I can use this information to create my own labels? Would appreciate it if anyone can post sample coding too. Thanks in advance....

Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help!
Im getting and error "No value given for one or more required parameters" pointing at line 15. I don't know what this mean....Can any one help me resolve this. I'm trying to access a MS Access Database. My codes below: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDB" %> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose....

Accessing an MS Access-db remote from a Unix-system
--=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi, until now I thought it is impossible to access remotely an Access-db in an Windows NT/2000 environment. But someone told me that it is possible (she heard it from someone else, and so on...). Does anyone knows something about it? Greetings Robert Roggenbuck (Germany) --=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_=-- Two ways of doing this. Use DBI::ProxyServer and DBD::Proxy or install third party ODBC software on your Unix system and set up a DSN. Then use DBD::ODBC to connect. See d...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

Retrieving image from 1 form to another form. (VB.Net & MS Access)
Hello!I'm getting the image in 1st form from database. When I'm moving to 2nd form how can i get the same image in form load?Thanks & RegardsPrasanna T Hi, Based on my understanding, you can display an image which is stored in the database on the form, and you want to display this image on another page.  If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. If we want to display the same image that is stored in the database, we can save the image into the folder and then refer to this image path using Image control on another page. I hope this helps. Thomas...

deny anonymous access to default.aspx from login.aspx
how do i set my login to only allow a user to view default.aspx after login. right now you can physicly type whatever.com/default.aspx and get to the page. i am using a asp login control and a authenticate event and using a mysql database that was already implemented (not the aspnetmdf db) I've tried adding   <authorization><deny users="?" /> </authorization>    to the web.config and that works, however it wont allow me to login even if i have a valid username and password it just keeps redirecting to login.asp...

Web resources about - default.dwt.aspx accessing MS access db - asp.net.web-forms

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...