DateTime problem in Web Form with SQL

Hi - Hope someone can shed some light on this issue:

I am setting up a Web application.
A date is required to be input through the html page.
I need this date set to "dd/MM/yyyy" format and later use it to query and possibly update a database.
So far I have a string which has been set as follows:
string dStr = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();

All fine - dStr is in the format "dd/MM/yyyy"
Later I want to convert this string to a datetime to store in a db

DateTime tDate = new DateTime.Parse(dStr);

string strIns = "Insert into tab1 VALUES ";
string strIns += " ( " + srtx + "," + stry + "," + tDate " ) ";
I've set up the connection and run the sqlCommand :
SqlCommand insCommand = new SqlCommand(strIns , Conn );
rows = insCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
If the day is greater than 12
This throws an excpetion - the message is:
The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value
If I watch the DateTime value tDate in the debugger (Visual studio) - it shows the date as {M/dd/yyyy}
However the ShortDateFormat of this date is "dd/MM/yyyy";

I have set the following:
in my web.config file
<globalization culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"
/>
I have checked that my Registry entries are set to "dd/MM/yyyy" in the relevant places.
My date field in the MSDE database is define as a type of datetime.
I'm not sure what else to check. Could the problem be that the sql interface is interpreting my date incorrectly as 'M/dd/yyyy' rather than what is expected?
Any help woule be appreciated
0
csalda

Web forms and mobile web forms

DateTime problem in Web Form with SQL (csalda)
This thread was locked for replies, so I reposted it. This is the original question from csalda: Hi - Hope someone can shed some light on this issue: I am setting up a Web application. A date is required to be input through the html page. I need this date set to "dd/MM/yyyy" format and later use it to query and possibly update a database. So far I have a string which has been set as follows: string dStr = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString(); All fine - dStr is in the format "dd/MM/yyyy" Later I want to convert this string to a datetime to s...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Web resources about - DateTime problem in Web Form with SQL - asp.net.web-forms

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...