Custom Events in Custom Server Control

 Hi There

 I've created a custom server control. I have extended it by adding my own event which fires in one of the aggregated control's event handlers.

 My probelms is that I would like to be able to specify the event handler for the event from the aspx file as a tag attribute.

Does anyone know how to link the attribute of a customer server control tag in the aspx file to a custom event in the class source for the control?

0
qstatesystems

 I've done this several times with Custom Controls.  All I do is declare the event in the CustomControl's class

public event EventHandler DateChanged;
  And then give it the name of an event handler in the aspx.

<CustomControls:DatePicker ID="ccStartDate" runat="server" OnDateChanged="ccStartDate_DateChanged" />

 Hope this helps!

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." - GOD
0
dbwinger
7/23/2008 6:52:47 PM

 Thanks a lot! That was very helpful. I couldn't find that anywhere! You would expect to find it on msdn, but not! Anyway, Thanks.

0
qstatesystems
7/24/2008 5:57:12 AM
no problem!  Glad to help.  And if you wouldn't mind marking my post as answer, that would be quite kind of you.  :)

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." - GOD
0
dbwinger

Custom event for Custom server control
  Hi All, I have a custom server control (Multi selection drop downlist). This control contains AspxEditButton control(which is like textbox with button), check box list control and panel.I have to display all selected values in AspxEditButton at control is leaving that panel. How can i create LostFocus event for panel . Please anyone help meRegards, Anu All I can think of, is that there is a javascript "onblur" you could look into, maybe you could use some AJAX techniques to make that JavaScript event fire a server side ev...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Dynamic custom control on custom control
What I'm trying to do is create a module for use within a larger page.  The page itself is an order form, which will have typical payment info (address, credit card, etc.), and the ability to select what you are paying for.  Our clients will have several options in how they want the page setup.  They can either have a single form, or they can have each module on it's own page.  They can also have all the selected items fire in a single transaction, or have a seperate transaction for each item selected.  And they can limit the total number of transactions a person can...

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

custom web user control and web form

Custom web control and child control events
I generate a LinkButtons in a CreateChildControls() method of a custom web control and I want to catch click events of these LinkButtons in this custom web control class (in some method). Is it possible? Martin public class ExampleCompositeControl { public override ControlCollection Controls { get { EnsureChildControls(); return base.Controls; } } protected override void CreateChildControls() { this.Controls.Clear(); myLink = new LinkButton(); myLink.Click += new EventHandler( myLink_Click ); this.Controls.Add( myLink ); ...

handling events for controls in custom server control
Hi,     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descendin...

Web resources about - Custom Events in Custom Server Control - asp.net.web-forms

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: The Oscar stuff is ‘completely beyond my control at this point’
... last night’s London premiere of The Revenant . Leo is looking pretty good these days. He’s de-bloated, his facial hair is very much under control, ...