Confirm message box not working

Hi,

i use fileupload control for upload image.so when i design fileupload control with in update panel and add the a trigger like following within it then my confirm message box is not working. if someone face the problem please help me.

my trigger is like it is just below

<Triggers>
 <asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="BTNSUBMIT" />
 </Triggers>

my message syntax are

 ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me, GetType(Page), UniqueID, "alert('Record Inserted Sucessfully')", True)

and

 ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(Page), "alert", "<script language=JavaScript>alert('" & ("Record Inserted Failure") & "');</script>")

Thanking you

0
salman

 Hi

Try this out

Check out MetaBuilders ConfirmedButtons. you can also take a look at the JavaScript source.

Or

try http://forums.asp.net/1257057/ShowThread.aspx#1257057

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar

second link is not open.

page not found error!

Thanking you.

0
salman

someone help me!!!!!!!!!

Thanking you.

0
salman
4/29/2009 11:42:48 AM

 Hi Salman,

Try this one this is perfectly working for me

http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_client_script_interaction.aspx

Thanks & Regards
Ramkumar.V
www.tnbytes.com
info@tnbytes.com

Ramkumar
4/29/2009 7:01:59 PM

Hi Salman,

I have tried your code and it was working fine with ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript

Try this

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "alert", "<script language='javascript'>alert('Record Inserted Sucessfully')</script>")

Thanks,

Farooq

Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right.
0
susain
4/30/2009 3:31:23 AM

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(Page),"Startup",

"<script>alert('Put your message here')</script>");

use typeof() http://blogs.ipona.com/james/archive/2006/10/03/6710.aspx
0
mo
shahed

Thank you all for your replay.

my problem is solved

Thanking you.

0
salman

Message Boxes and Web Forms
When I go to display a MsgBox(".... in my web form I get an error. Is it possible to display simple pop up messages while working with the web forms?If you don't live for something, you'll DIE for nothing!!!!!! Hi, Message Boxes are not available in asp.net. You need to write custom javascript functionality for popping up messages. Herebelow is one example:- Response.Write("<script>alert('Hello');</script>") ; Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

Web Forms Message Box
Hello, I am converting an old VB 6.0 application into a web based app with VB.NET and ASP.NET. The problem that I am having is that the old application made extensive use of popup boxes and message boxes that would ask the user a couple questions and then pass the values back to the main form and close the popup box. I have not been able to find a good way to do this using web forms. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks Torrey You will have to use vbscript or javascript to display message boxes on the client side. You can use something like this: Button1.Attr...

message box in mobile web forms
is there a way to show a messagebox (alert, warning, error), in a mobile web form???...

Cancel response from confirm message box is not working.
Hello, I have this ScriptManager class below for the confirm message box along with the function calls from the server side for the "Ok" response.  If the response is Ok from the confirm message box, it will goes on in the code and call one of the function from the server side "PerformSearch()" and if the response is Cancel, don't do anything and close out the confirm message box.  When I click the "Cancel" button on the confirm box, it still goes on and perform a function from the server side  just like the "Ok" respons...

Problem dealing with the confirm message box in C#.net
Hi..i am actually trying to do something like this.When a user select a particular option from a dropdown list and click a 'Go' button, a confirm message box will be displayed if the user has selected that particular option.Other options selected will not display that confirm box when the 'Go' button is clicked.Once the user press the ok button on the confirm box,it will proceed to perform other tasks.How do i do that?..I try using the following code but it doesnt really work..the confirm box will always popup everytime the 'Go' button is clicked except for the first time u clicked on it. ...

dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5
Hi. I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected. I would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a application. But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the width of the dropdown. Stuff like size dosn't work either. I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these things. But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application us...

web form text box width does not work in firefox, mozilla
I have a text box that I have increase the width so it looks longer than the default that I get when dropping it in VS.Net, the width looks fine in IE, but when I check in mozilla and firefox, the text box is back to the nomal size ..... any ideas what can I do to solve this, I am including a link to a pic showing the same code being viewed in IE and Firefox showing how different the text box and the submit button looks like http://www.jlen.com/issue.jpg Thank you Leon This is a known issue with .Net. The best way around this is to use a CSS class to control width of ...

IE StatusBar Messages using Visual Basic .NET Web Forms
I'm creating a web-based application that has many different forms for data entry.  I basically want to use the exisiting Internet Explorer status bar to provide the user messages that verify that a record has been saved.  Is there a way to do that in Visual Basic .NET without having to create a save button click event that basically writes out JavaScript?  I know I could use a custom validator or a validation summary to do this, but I just think that the Status Bar is a better interface for what I want to do.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks...

Web-Forms: Check-Box List Doesn't Work?
When my page is posted back all the items in my check-box list are incorrectly set to true, but some should be false because they display with and without the checkmark in the browser, just as the user wants. Programmatically the checkboxes initialize correctly but everything always comes back true. I'm using VB and ASP.net (see below). Am I doing something wrong, or is there really a bug in something so fundmental?Three functions, INVERT, CLEAR, and PROCESS depend on this check-box list working correctly. They all work incorrectly in the same wrong manner. I've included only INVERT bel...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
 Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

Web resources about - Confirm message box not working - asp.net.web-forms

Facebook Confirms Streamlined Post Scheduling, Announces Easier Photo Uploading For Page Admins
Facebook officially announced the improvements to the post-scheduling process that began leaking out last week, as well as an easier way for ...

4th XMRV Study Fails to Confirm Association with CFS - Facebook
The CFIDS Association of America hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel 4th XMRV Study Fails to Confirm Association with CFS geschrieben. Du kannst den ...

Slide Confirms Cuts to Ad Sales Staff, Continues to Shift Focus
Late last month, we reported that direct to consumer virtual goods sales were now accounting for at least half of Slide’s revenues, and that ...

Confirm Biosciences (@ConfirmBio) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Confirm Biosciences @ ConfirmBio ...

YouTube - Halle Berry talks The Call and confirms X-Men Days of Future Past
Veröffentlicht am 02.03.2013 Tinsel Talk: The Call Exclusive interview with Halle Berry. BlackTree TV's Jamaal Finkley talks to Halle Berry ...

Disney confirms that Star Wars: Episode 7 is filming in Abu Dhabi desert
Disney yesterday confirmed that the filming of Star Wars: Episode 7 is taking place in the desert in Abu Dhabi.

Ronda Rousey will wear nothing but body-paint for swimsuit issue, confirms Sports Illustrated
UFC star spent 14 hours getting a body-paint swimsuit applied for a Sports Illustrated photoshoot that is set to cement her place as one of the ...

Tesla confirms: Model 3 will be unveiled in March
Since its release in 2012, the performance, ingenuity, safety, and commercial success of Tesla's Model S has far exceeded almost everyone's expectations. ...

Lucasfilm Confirms Star Wars: The Force Awakens Stormtrooper TR-8R's Identity
... lovingly dubbed TR-8R by meme-making fans, has an official designation now. As suspected , TR-8R is in fact FN-2199, Lucasfilm confirmed on ...

Samsung confirms its Gear S2 watch will support iPhone
Samsung is making its Gear S2 smartwatch compatible with iPhone to give it an even great chance at competing with Apple Watch and Android Wear. ...