client side show and hide panel

I have several pages that I want to add some controlls that are normally not displayed.  Say I have a datagrid and below the datagrid I add a panel.  Just above the panel I have a link that executes some javascirpt to hide the span tag.  In the panel I have a link that executes som js to hide the panel.  All is working OK, but I want to have the panel hidden automatically when the page loads.  I obviously can't use the visble propery of the panel since the html is never rendered to the client to be show.

TIA,
Craig
p.s. my js is

function HideAdminPanel() {
if (document.getElementById) { // DOM3 = IE5, NS6
document.getElementById('pnlAdmin').style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
else {
if (document.layers) { // Netscape 4
document.hideshow.visibility = 'hidden';
}
else { // IE 4
document.all.hideshow.style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
}
}
function ShowAdminPanel() {
if (document.getElementById) { // DOM3 = IE5, NS6
document.getElementById('pnlAdmin').style.visibility = 'visible';
}
else {
if (document.layers) { // Netscape 4
document.hideshow.visibility = 'visible';
}
else { // IE 4
document.all.hideshow.style.visibility = 'visible';
}
}
}
0
cjlindstrom

Instead of using Visible property you can use Style

<code>
Panel1.Style.Item("visibility ") = "hidden"
<code>
~ Firoz Ansari
Pune, India
http://www.firozansari.com
Why product testing is important?
0
firoz

Show/Hide Panel in Client Side
Hi. I have tow asp panels and tow html buttons to navigate between the panels.like this:document.getElementById('Panel1').style.display ='block'; document.getElementById('Panel2').style.display ='none';    the first button to show the first panel and hide the second panel . the second button had the opposite purpose. inside the panels there is asp controsl. every thing work good until I use postback  by any control in the panels,for example when I click an asp button in the panel evry panel return to the defaut style. I put this...

Showing and hiding Panels on the client side?
hello, I have a couple of panels I am useing on a page to mimic a tab based navigation menu. I have been able to use linkbutton clicks to show and hide panels to simulate the tabs. Is it possible to do this on the client side rather than making trips back to the server? Is this similar to the UI validation controls that can validate input from either the client or server side, or would I have to write the script myself to accomplish this? Thanks, jigster... an asp:panel is just a <div> tag on the client-side. using view->source would have told you this.RTFM - straight ...

is there a way to do the action of hide/show panel control in the client side ?
hi.i have webform that has 4 panels in it, that i switch every time, to collect user input.my question:is there a way to hide/show the asp panel control ,in the client side only ? To show/hide panel in javascript: (pnlPrint is the id of the panel)To hidedocument.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "none"; To showdocument.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "inline"; ...

Client Side Hide/Show with Validation
Here is my setup... <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rbl1" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem Text="Collect My Info" Value="0" /> <asp:ListItem Text="Skip This Step" Value="1" /></asp:RadioButtonList><asp:Panel ID="Info" runat="server"> <asp:TextBox ID="tb1" runat="server" /> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfv1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="tb1" Text="Error :)" /></asp:Panel><asp:Panel ID="Skip" runat...

Client side show/hide div

Showing Panels with client side script?
Hello I am working with Panels to build the effect of tabs on a couple pages. Can anyone explain to me how to configure the panels so that clicking buttons (or links) will allow a panel to become visible using client side script? I have this working currently, but trips are made back to the server to configure the visibility of the panels. If possible, I would like the buttons to show and hide the panels without going back to the server. Is this possible using native .Net functionality, or would I have to write the client side script myself? Thanks, Jigster as u can see that a...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

Screen shot of client side web form
How can i capture the web form on the client machine? Thanks for any help!!! Alt-PrintScreen keyboard keys and then paste in word or outlook email.LolliDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I think that's the only way to do it for websites. Some people have written built-in screenshot capturing software when an exception occurs, but that's only for winforms as far as I know off. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog ...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

Show/Hide Dynamically Generated Textboxes Client Side
 Hello, my problem is that i have a datagrid with a template column.  this column containts a drop down list, and a text box. when the page is loaded, i would like the text boxes to be hidden (there could be up to 75 individual textboxes depending on how many records the end user chooses to display at once), but they need to appear when a certain option is selected from the drop down list. i know how to make them visible and enabled when the option is selected, my problem is hiding them to begin with. since asp.net doesn't render the control to the browser i...

Showing or hiding controls using a client side script
This question might have ben asked number of times but my search did not yield a full answer to my question. I found some partial answers but I am sure a full well explained answer will satisfy me as a novice asp.net developer and people who are in the same boat as I am. I like to use a checkbox and based on the selection of the checkbox, I want to show or hide number of controls (mainly labels and text boxes but possible to include other controls in the future). I want to do that at the client side to avoid round-trip delays (hence I believe I have to run a client side java script). M...

Web resources about - client side show and hide panel - asp.net.web-forms

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

All Twitter Clients Will Change From Stars/Favorites to Hearts/Likes
Twitter’s developer blog: If you’re showing Tweets without using our Embedded Tweet rendering, you’ll need to update the icons and strings in ...

Popular Instagram client removed from App Store for harvesting usernames, passwords
Apple today has pulled a popular Instagram client from the App Store after it was found to be harvesting usernames and passwords. First noticed ...

Sheldon Silver’s Attorneys Don’t Think Much Of The Case Against Their Client
These attorneys tell us what they really think about the government's case.

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Instagram client InstaAgent exposed as malware, pulled from App Store
A much-downloaded third-party Instagram client has just been pulled from the App Store after it was found to have behaved maliciously. The app ...

Apple pulls popular Instagram client 'InstaAgent' from iOS App Store after malware discovery
A popular Instagram profile analyzer was on Tuesday pulled from the iOS App Store after being outed as malware by a German developer who found ...

HP AMD-powered t730 is first thin client with native 4K offers Windows or Linux
Business workstations and thin clients are often boring affairs; however, they do not have to be. There is no reason why such a computer cannot ...