Client side and server side

We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation.

If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed.

One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:

<A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<A> and then name="form"

0
net777

The JavaScript code to scroll to a named anchor is like this:

location.hash = 'anchorName';

So I guess you could try:

onClientClick="location.hash = 'form';"

johram
4/25/2008 10:55:37 AM

Hi

net777:

If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed.

One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:

<A href=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<A> and then name="form"

Try this

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClientClick="window.location.href('default2.aspx');return false;" />

Click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) that helped you.
0
jagan
4/25/2008 11:12:35 AM

Well, johram, your solution seemed to work fine , thank you!

The other solution from Jagar probebly works too, but haven't tried that.

 So thank you both for your answers!

0
net777

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

form double validation- server side and client side
Hi! I would like to make a server side validation after calling a js function that makes the client-side validation. I do not understand couple of things: 1. Do i need a server side button or  a simple HTML submit button in order to call both of the tests? 2. How do i call a server side function which is written in csharp  after i finish my JS validation (the submit  button is calling the JS function for validation first.)- is it possible to call it directly from a js function? 3. I know that my toolbox on asp.net  contains validation controls who probably are b...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Client-side call from server-side form... anyone, anyone, Bueller?
I'm hoping someone can help me here, I am about at my wits end.   I am a part of a team building a rather rich web app that requires multiple possibilities as to the form layout.   Right now, we are using javascript to dynamically build the form according to the needs of the "search" that is being created.   i.e., one person with one house, two people with one house, three people two houses, all dynamically created by the user as they are creating the search.   Obviously depending on how the search form has been created there would be any...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Web solution help
------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C35A1D.F3D06C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I was looking for an idea of how I might accomplish something and if = Perl/CGI is going to handle what I have in mind. I have a site that will list = information with links to another site or there may just be additional information available. To = include the=20 more information with every listing would create a very large web page. = I'd rather have something like the following: Here is item one (more information on i...

Web resources about - Client side and server side - asp.net.web-forms

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Acquire Learning casts 'a very dark shadow' over its clients
The desperate and jobless are sold hope, but all they are buying is debt "You can hear it in how these clients talk," says a former call-centre ...

Never Complain To Clients Or Adversaries
Even trial lawyers that learn and have fun all the time deal with frustrations and have their gripes. But we should never share those gripes ...

The 2015 Awards Report: See the World's Most Creative Agencies, Campaigns and Clients
We present the winners of our 2015 Awards Report, highlighting the most creatively celebrated companies and personalities of the year. As you'll ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Chatting with coworkers, clients, friends and others is easy as Pie
... uses your companys domain). This also means that you can now set up teams to chat with people outside your company, including partners, clients, ...

Apple Says U.K. Surveillance Law Would Endanger All Clients
Apple Inc. outlined its opposition to a proposed U.K. surveillance law, saying threats to national security don’t justify weakening privacy and ...

The relationship between UPS and Amazon, its biggest client, is fraying
The relationship between Amazon and the United Parcel Service is fraying, The Wall Street Journal reports . The Amazon account at UPS is, according ...