Cancel Button on Web Form

Hi,

How can I set the cancel button so it doesn't cause a postback but a redirect?

<asp:TemplateField ShowHeader="False">
<InsertItemTemplate>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" CausesValidation="True" CommandName="Insert" Text="Contact Me" />&nbsp;<asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" CommandName="Cancel" Text="Clear Form" />
</InsertItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>

thanks.

0
michaelcode

Create an eventhandler for your cancel button and then perform the redirect from the eventhandler method.  IE

 <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" CommandName="Cancel" Text="Clear Form" OnClick="FireMethod" />

private void FireMethod(object Sender, EventArgs E)

{

    Response.Redirect(SomeLocation);

0
ayachin
11/22/2006 3:47:09 PM

what ayachin gave you requires postback, which you said you didn't want.

What you need is javascript.

<input type="button" value="Cancel" onclick="window.location='<%# getTargetUrl() %>' ">

In your page (server side) you will need a function

protected string getTargetUrl(){ ... }

that returns which page you want your cancel button to bring you to when clicked.

You want to make this a function because you may need to use some logic and you don't want to scrumble all that inline.

Debugger is my best friend. (http://haoest.info)
0
haoest
11/22/2006 5:44:56 PM

Hmm, I wonder how the single quote will render, so if you wrap your getTargetUrl()'s return value in single quotes, that will make sure it works.

Debugger is my best friend. (http://haoest.info)
0
haoest
11/22/2006 5:47:02 PM

hi,

you can't use <asp:Button>, because it will cause postBack, if you want to avoid PostBack, use HTML button

     <input id="Button2" type="button" value="Cancel" onclick ="Redirect()" />

 <script type ="text/javascript" >
    function Redirect()
    {
       window.location ="http://www.ecnu.edu.cn"
    }
    </script>

0
jessjing

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form
I tried to include an aspx file in a asp.net web form. However, all the web controls (textbox, button) in the included page are not displayed when called. <Form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <%   Response.writeFile("subPage.aspx"); %> <asp:button id="btnPrev" runat="server" text="Previous"></asp:button> </Form> There are some <asp:textbox> controls in the subPage.aspx file, the file itself works fine, but when it is included in the main page, all the controls are not displayed. Please assist. Thanks   u should use iFrame instead...   <iFrame src="subPage.aspx" /> Hi, much more convenient way to have reusability in "page-like way" is to use user controls. Web Forms User Controlshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwebformsusercontrols.aspThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form
Hi all,Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?Thanks!      The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.If you are not dev...

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web resources about - Cancel Button on Web Form - asp.net.web-forms

Moddi - I have chosen to cancel my performance in Tel Aviv... - Facebook
I have chosen to cancel my performance in Tel Aviv on February 1st. This is without comparison the most difficult decision I have ever made as ...

Search Twitter - cancel spotify
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Top news story ...

Michael Hudson: Oligarchy will never cancel the debt - YouTube
The oligarchy would rather annul the right of the bottom 90 percent to live than to annul the money owed to them. They'd rather strip the planet ...

Emirates cancels more flights to US as Hurricane Sandy hits
Dubai-based carrier Emirates grounded more flights to the United Sates as Hurricane Sandy pummels the east coast.

Club cancels funding over pokies row
Club cancels funding over pokies row

Hewitt cancels Kooyong appearance (01:12)
With the Australian Open fast approaching, Lleyton Hewitt withdraws from the Kooyong Classic to prepare for the first major of the year. Nine ...

Australia cancels Emad's visa
Australia cancels Emad's visa

Rihanna Cancels 2016 Grammys Performance
Billboard Rihanna Cancels 2016 Grammys Performance Billboard Rihanna was M.I.A. at the 2016 Grammys (Feb. 15) after canceling her performance ...

Cauldron got into a van accident (they're ok), cancel tour
photo: Cauldron at Union Pool in 2011 (more by Suren Karapetyan) Scary news today, as Toronto classic-metal dudes Cauldron got into a pretty ...

Grammys 2016: Rihanna cancels performance
‚ÄčThe singer unexpectedly bowed out of her scheduled performance at the 2016 Grammys