Can we check validation both on client side & server side?

 Hi All,

Can we check validation both on client side & server side?

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

0
erneeraj83

 Yes, the standard asp.net validation controls already do this.

Before you process any code on the server side that should have passed through validation you need to check Page.IsValid = true

This will also catch the situation where the user has javascript disabled.

0
rtpHarry
9/30/2008 12:15:22 PM

yes you can check validation both the side as per your requirement.

Most advantage is that if some user set the JavaScript Enabled False in the Browser settings at that time we don't worry about any validation.

Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.

Regards
Mitesh Darji
http://www.indianic.com
http://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com
0
Mitesh_Darji

Kindly checkout following link

http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Validation-In-ASP.NET.aspx

Happy Coding,

Ajay
0
ajaykhedekar

form double validation- server side and client side
Hi! I would like to make a server side validation after calling a js function that makes the client-side validation. I do not understand couple of things: 1. Do i need a server side button or  a simple HTML submit button in order to call both of the tests? 2. How do i call a server side function which is written in csharp  after i finish my JS validation (the submit  button is calling the JS function for validation first.)- is it possible to call it directly from a js function? 3. I know that my toolbox on asp.net  contains validation controls who probably are b...

Q check the client side validation befor activate servers side
hello i have aspx file with textbox serverside to fiil and clientside validators i wont when pressing buttun sendmail to check via client side if all the validators(all microsoft validators) are pass ok if not then go to the place where is the errow and after validating to go to serverside method that send the mail(wriiten) thens  why do you need to do the validation client side?all you need to do is wrap this around the code that sends the email.  If page.IsValid then' code that sends the mailEnd ifI believe in c# it would be if (page.IsValid) { //code to ...

Can't combine client-side & server-side

client side validation vs server side validation
hello  i see a web form that consists of three controls :textbox,requiredfieldvalidator that weired to the textbox and a button within the click event of the button there is the following: if page.isvalid then response.redirect("Page is valid") else response.redirect("Page is not valid") end if according to my understandings: when the user does not fill anything in the textbox and then clicks the button the the page will not be submitted (i.e no request to the page will be happened or no postback will be happened) then no server event will be happened so it is sure when the us...

Server side validation affecting client side validation
Hi there I have some client side validation that is working fine and enables/disables buttons based on user selections. This works great. However, when I perform server side validation using custom validators (like checking if the user has entered < HTML > tags or decimals in the integer boxes) and the server side validation returns isValid = false then all of the JavaScript validation that I've already done when the user clicked each control is lost. I don't understand why the enabled/disabled state of the control is not maintained.  What is calling the JavaScr...

Server Side Validation vs Client Side Validation
If your page is using client side validation for required fields, expressions, etc.     What are the benefits or disadvantages of using 'extra' server side validation for max lengths, parsing, etc? Both have their Advantages and Disadvantages... so give this a read http://www.dotnetexpertsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=172 Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi there, advantage: because you are using javascript some browsers for any reason may not sup...

Firing server side validation & Client side confirm with a single button..
Hi All, I have a "Update" asp button. onclick of the button i need to check the server side validations like:if (!IsValidEmail(ctrlEmailAddress.TextBoxControl.Text.Trim())) {MessageBox.Show("Enter valid email address"); validateCheck = false; } After completion of this type of validations, i need to fire one javascript confirmbox saying "Are you sure you want to update this order?" with "Yes/No" options. All these things needs to be done in a single button click. Can any one help me to acheive this ..requirement?  -HemanthPlease rem...

avoiding redundant server-side validation after client-side validation
I see an inaccurate validation behavior on my asp.net (2.0) form. The EnableClientScript property of my validation control is set to True by default, so it performs the validation on clientside. But as soon as this occurs, it also performs the server-side validation, so the page refreshes. When the validation error occurs on clientside, it should not do the validation on serverside (I'm not calling Page.Validate() or doing Page.IsValid). In my past experience, asp.net handled this automatically, but I guess it's not always the ca...

Validations client side or server side ???
Where should the validations (Required field, range, etc.) be done in an web page client side or server side?  As per my knowledge most of the validations are on client side using javascript, unfortunately it won't work if someone has disabled their browsers javascript option. what do we do in this case? Any suggestion please. Both... Client-side for rich client experience. Server-side for data validation and for clients who have disabled javascript. *Always* validate on the server side. You will still get the benefits of client-side validation on browsers setup to handle th...

client side and server side validation
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/util/srcview.aspx?path=/quickstart/aspplus/samples/webforms/validate/validator8.src&file=CS\validator8.aspx&font=3 i am trying to do custom validation something similar to the above. I hv done the Severvalidate method in the code behind. What about the client validation? do i do it in code behind or in javascript as shown? The goal is to add text like this to the page:<script language='javascript'>function MyFunction(src, args){  // your logic to set args.IsValid here}</script>ASP.NET doesn't care if you typed it directly in...

Client side or server side validation???
I have multiple usercontrols each displayed by pressing a button and then change the apperance to a new user control and so on. I have to check that almost every field in this user controls have a value entered, and then indicate (e.g. with a red star) those textboxes that does'nt have a value entered. How should I do this in the best way, client side or server side with some validator? I have in mind that when using a server side validator, it may dissapear when making a postback. But I'm not sure, and I assume there is a way to come around this problem?What do you all say? Client side or s...

validation, is it better to have client side or use server side validator controls
 Hi All. I want to do validation on text boxes etc. Is it better to do client side validation or just use the server side validation controls?   Hi!  If for server side controls you mean RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, etc.. i can tell you that they use client and server validation. For instance if you use a RequiredFieldValidator, on the client will be a validation, but on the server this condition will be evaluated again. Probably one of the objetives of this is deal with client with javascript disabled. Of course I ...

Web resources about - Can we check validation both on client side & server side? - asp.net.web-forms

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...