Can't we use "Usercontrol" in an "asp:view" control in asp.net

 Hi

In my application i have used multiview and view controls

i have implemented some user controls

now i don't want to write the whole code in view control instead i want to use the usercontrol

can we place the usercontrol in view control

how can we do that

i have registered the usercontrol but

when I'm trying to place in view control its not showing the tagprefix

does anyone know this how to do

thanks in advance

Archu

0
archu136

archu136:

 Hi

In my application i have used multiview and view controls

i have implemented some user controls

now i don't want to write the whole code in view control instead i want to use the usercontrol

can we place the usercontrol in view control

how can we do that

i have registered the usercontrol but

when I'm trying to place in view control its not showing the tagprefix

does anyone know this how to do

thanks in advance

Archu

Try this, On page load use

me.MultiView1.Views(0).Controls.Add(LoadControl("Path to the file"))

Hope this helps

Sri

0
talasila80

Can't locate object method "disconnect" via package "Net::LDAP"
------_=_NextPart_001_01C85279.EDDDD442 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am trying to disconnect the ldap connection handle in a perl program. Here is the sequence that I am following: connect and bind unbind $ldap->disconnect(); I get the error Can't locate object method "disconnect" via package "Net::LDAP" How should I use disconnect?=20 What is the difference between an unbind and disconnect? Unbind seems to work just fine. I am just curious. Thanks, Praveen ...

Using "+" or "||"
Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same thing? moin, afaik these two's are not the same! if you're using "||" and any term is NULL then in the resultstring the term will be ignored if you use "+" then the resutlstring is NULL mfg ========================== andatec gesellschaft f�r angewandte datentechnik mbh Ruwoldtweg 15 22309 hamburg --------------------------------------- Dipl.-Ing. G�nther Jungbluth gjungbluth@andatec.de ========================== "Rick Charnes" <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MPG.131a21059f288db49896ba@forums.powersoft.com... > Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in > ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL > statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and > PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it > seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same > thing? You are comparing two different "languages" here: Powe...

"Using" or "With"

Can't get away from: "Could not open in Design View. Quote values differently inside a '<% ... "value" ... %>' block."
I keep getting this error message when I try to switch to design view. This is the code that is causing it. OnClick="javascript:void(0);ToggleRowDisplay(this,'row<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Equipment_ID") %>');" When I take out this section I can go into design view without a problem. Any ideas?? is the word row has to be there?mess with the best...die like the rest...

(setxkbmap) can't use "ALT_GR"/"left ALT" button after using it
hello folks i use LXDE as i'm known and my only solution to switch keyboard is to use setxkbmap now after i define keyboards layouts to switch and chose ALT+Shift to switch it goes "bugged" using the right ALT will switch the layouts and i'm not able to write the "other" letters help please P.S : this is the command i use �setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll fr,ar� -- SAFAD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bump up rotfl! -- SAFAD -------------------------------...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

why can't i use the attribute "onchange" or "onfocus" in checkbox
when i use the code like this:myCheckBox.Attributes["onfocus"]="this.blur()" it doesn't work,just generate the tag "span" containing the javascriptMSN:supNate2000@hotmail.com You should be using RegisterStartupScript or RegisterClientScript. See this article by Scott Mitchell: Injecting Client-Side Script from an ASP.NET Server Control http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/using/understanding/aspnet/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-injectclientsidesc.aspDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________________________________________________Please save Animals Help World Society For Protection Of Animals, Protect these speechless creatures of GOD hi,my brain says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________________________________________________Please save Animals Help World Society For Protection Of Animals, Protect these speechless creatures of GOD Double = double = same thing Puzzles, brain teases, riddles, enigmas: http://www.toysforthebrain.com Both are same. Have a look at thisDifference between Double and doubleThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net yea es you are right thanks man.regardssatishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered._____________________________________...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

RFC: interactions between "use bytes", "use locale", and "use feature 'unicode_strings'
I am waiting for blead to reopen before I submit a patch for extending feature unicode_strings to matching \s, and \w. In documenting it, it occurred to me that the existing implementation is wrong, along with the existing interaction between use bytes and use locale. To refresh your memory, "use feature 'unicode_strings'" is supposed to mean that even non-utf8 data is to be considered to have Unicode semantics. In practice, this only affects the characters from 128-255. It is new in 5.12, and is implemented there only on functions that change case, such a...

Can't use string ("3862926") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"
I guess I'm not understanding what I'm doing (or have been reading in my web searches)... Can someone explain the difference between these two code snippets... SUN83-PRODWEB>more foo #! /usr/local/bin/perl use strict; my %t; my ($a, $c); my ($aa, $cc); $a=3D$aa=3D1; $c=3D$cc=3Dq{Additional Electrical Circuit}; $t{$a}{$c}{AMT}=3D1000; $c=3Dq{Additional}; $t{$a}{$c}{AMT}=3D2; print $t{$aa}{$cc}{AMT}, "\n"; &Ix($t{$aa}{$cc}{AMT}); sub Ix { my ($v) =3D @_; ...

Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"
--00151747694010009a04ad544f1b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi, I was getting this error message for one of my script. The reason came out out to be, I had not place a semi-colon at the end of try-catch block. try { something } catch some_exception { do something } After I placed the semi-colon, I am no longer getting this error (Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs") try { something } catch some_exception { do something }; My questions is I have quite a few scripts that are using the SAME try-catch...

Using "Address Selector" in "Find by Example"
Hi When doing a find by example and using the address selector to double click a resopurce address to select it 80% of the time it enters the first entry in the address book rather than the address selected. For user addresses it works fine though. Is there a way to use the address selectro in a find by example? Or do you have to type the address for resources? Thanks Rampaola, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you ...

Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ./policy.sanitizer line 255.
Hi there, I am trying to figure out why the following lines are giving me an error: --- snip --- $found{filter}{$filter}{family}{$family} = 1; print keys %{ $found{filter}{$filter}{family} }; --- snip ---- here's the error Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ../policy.sanitizer line 255. I am trying to the display all the keys for $found{filter}{$filter}{family} please Cheers, Noah On 10/9/09 Fri Oct 9, 2009 2:12 PM, "Noah" <noah-list@enabled.com> sc...

"Can't locate object method "epath" via package "URI::http""
Greetings, I've been trying to debug why I can't issue a form -> click and finally started debugging it as a standalone script (as opposed to viewing CGI output in a browser, duh) I get the following error msg when I issue the form->click ..... Can't locate object method "epath" via package "URI::http" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/HTTP/Cookies.pm I'm using the same User Agent that I defined earlier in my script that was used to pull several pages (including the form I'm trying to submit) using cookies. My latest scrip...

"handles" can't fulfill "requires"?
--bound1240587110 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In the below, the foo() from Bar cannot fulfill the requires of Baz. Anything I'm missing? (I know that there's an easy workaround of an explicit "sub foo() { $_[0]->thing()->foo() }" in Bar; it's simply not what one would prefer.) package Foo; use Moose::Role; sub foo {}; package Bar; use Moose::Role; has thing => ( is => 'ro', isa => 'Foo', handles => [ 'foo' ], ); package Baz; use Moose::Role;...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

<script language="javascript" runat="server"> can't be used?
I place this inside on a content page: <script language="javascript" runat="server"> function ontextchange() { document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_lbl_CatchInfo").innerHTML = "change in text or whatever"; } </script> and get an error saying JavaScript can't be used as another language has been stated by the CodeFile-attribute...? It works if i remove the runat=server tag----What is wrong??? javascript is a client side language. take out the "runat =server" part and see what happens Becaus...

A12: "can", "does", and "isa" in roles
One of the beauties of the original Traits paper was that its roles had ways of specifying assertions of what criteria must be met by whatever classes they were to be composed into. Meanwhile, it's been mentioned that roles and classes in P6 might look declarative in nature, but they are in fact procedural. So why not allow a few assertions to be made in roles? These would be assertions which get run by the class when it composes the roles, and returning false would raise an exception to the programmer, quite possibly providing at compile-time some detailed information as to ...

What to use instead of "cin" and "cout" which VCL doesn't use
I want to ask the user their name which I will then put on a label. There may be a better way but in the meantime I have used a TextOut message to Ask for their name and then put a memo box at the end of the sentence, which I find they can type into, I think. Question is How can I get or where to I find what they typed so I can put it in my label storage. I notice that there is a "Lines" property for Memo that say TString and if you click on it you get a code editor. I have been reading for days but I can figure out where to go from here. Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Can't use "defaultbutton" in <form></form> tag in login control page.
I have a login control and I tried to set the default button as the submit button within my form tag in the login page.But, I am getting the following error.Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. I already generated the machine key.Any clue! hi robin, Please try this fix if.. add the below given code into your web.config or the file that you are executing and see if your issue gets fixed. and let me know if this was helpfull."<system.web>  <pages enableViewStateMac="false" />  </system.web> "Oredit the page that is getting loaded <%@ xyz....xyz...** Inherits="MyAssembly.MyPage" enableViewStateMac="False" %>" enableViewStateMac="False" "Joydeep SenDotnet DeveloperDont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers Hi,robinspaul robinspaul: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. The Same Thing Is Discussed At http://forums.asp.net/p/955145/245300...

What's with "~/" and NOT "~/" ?
In trying to deplay test projects to my provider (GoDaddy) I'm finding a consistent barfness with the form of reference that I read as "in this directory, this file"  or "~/filename.filetype". I am having to consistently strip the "~/" to make it work.Is there a way to strip off this type of reference through a preference? In the past, I've been led to believe that "filename.filetype" when in the same directory was just FINE as that -- no need for this "~/".Hints, direction, etc. welcomed and appreciated in advance ... mahalos .....

All the possible "environment" or "IDE" variables "$(....)" one can use
Good day Is there a list of all the possbile environment or IDE variable names that one can use in Delphi? I am talking about all the identifiers which are put inside $(...) to point to some value. Anything from $(Platform) to $(BDSCOMMONDIR) and in between. I have been searching in help and on the web and have not found any list. I suspect I might be searching for the wrong name. I reckon "Environment Variables" only cover those provided by the OS and also paths that Delphi uses but then there are ones provided by Delphi based on other criteria like "Platform" and &...

can't create "web site" with VS.NET 2005
 I've installed VS.NET 2005 on my home machine (winXP SP2) and I have no "create web site" option.  I've reinstalled several times and have done "complete" installs.  On my work machine the "create web site" option comes right up on my start page.....any ideas? I am sure there is an easy solution, I just can't seem to find any clues. Thanks! Did you try File > New > Website? HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question I thought I did, maybe I just over looked it.  I'll have to check tonight. Also, one oth...

Web resources about - Can't we use "Usercontrol" in an "asp:view" control in asp.net - asp.net.web-forms